Status: Active(depending on commenters&subscribers)

The Looking Glass

Three

The next period wasn't nearly as welcoming as the first. Not because there wasn't a Robbie to make me feel welcome and at ease, but because each and every one of the people in English 3... were rich. It wasn't an automatic giveaway, but as I sat there in the four minutes left from the five given betwixt the first two blocks, studying their body language and their clothes. After the first fifteen minutes of class, I noticed that everyone in this room was shimmery with an artificial glow, even the guys, with their perfectly manicured everything.

I usually didn't mind about tat kind of thing, but everyone kept glancing over at me, their expressions reading, 'what's the freak doing here?'

I felt my cheeks flame as the teacher, a tall, busty woman with plump rosy cheeks and feathered hair, stroll into the room, softly humming to herself.

"Good morning, class! I've had the craziest morning so far! I woke up this morning, and the power to my house was off, go figure. So I go outside to the house breaker, since the one on the inside is completely blocked off because of the renovations." she paused for a second to gasp for air, then vaulted on like a talking rocket. "And you wouldn't believe what I found squatting under my house! I heard him--" she froze. Everything. Her busy, jerky movements that were previously focused on shuffling papers around, such as handouts and the role book and such. But she stopped so suddenly, that everyone seemed to breathe in anxiously in unison, myself included.

The teacher's shoulders bunched up as if she were guilty of something, her back facing me. Turning slowly, her eyes scanned the students until her soft brown eyes found mine. She wrinkled her nose for just a moment, before smiling and sweeping her arm in a grand gesture. "Class! This is Marlene, she's new here." no one spoke, but everyone stared.

I've never felt so alienated and out of place in my life. I felt like I was wearing a bikini top and cutoff short shorts and sandals to a debutante ball.

Ugh. SOS.

-To Be Continued-