I'm the Kind of Human Wreckage That You Love.

Never Say We Die.

FRANK’s POV

I practically ran over to Gerard.

“Wait! Frank!” I heard Ray scream, although, to me, he was hardly audible.

’He’s a dead man... How could he even think of doing this to Kat?! ...My BEST friend in the world.... He WILL pay.’

As I walked over to them, Gerard looked strange. Like he had just snapped out of a trance. He was looking around and up and down, and at Olivia.

I grabbed his shoulder and turned him to face me, then slammed him against the wall.

“What the FUCK are you thinking?!” I pulled back my fist and punched him across the jaw.

He put his hand to his bleeding lip and looked up at me in awe.

“Frank-” Gerard started.

“No! Shut the FUCK UP!” I screamed, drawing back my fist to pound him into the wall.

Ray grabbed both of my arms before I could hit Gerard again.

“How... How could you?... To Kat?” I was shaking my head looking at him, restrained by Ray.

He was still holding his mouth as he looked at me, then he quickly took off and ran through the back door.

I defeatedly jerked out of Ray’s grasp and held my head in my hand.

Fuck...” I cursed.

I looked up and everyone was staring at me and Ray. Then I remembered Olivia and shot around to find her. I looked for a second, but she was gone.

“Frank?”

“WHA-” I asked in a fury, but saw it was Jamia.

“Frank, c’mon. We have to go find Kat.” She said and took me by the arm.

Mikey and Sid came with us.

“We.. We can’t tell her. She doesn’t need to know.” I started convincing myself.

But the car was silent for a few more minutes.

“I don’t think we should either. It’s not our place.” Sid quietly offered.

“Yeah. I think I agreed. Should we find Gerard?”

I cringed at his name.

“Dude, Frank, he didn’t know what he was doing. He’s obsessed with Kat-” Mikey began.

“Oh really?” I asked, still edgy and angry.

“Yes,” Mikey calmly assured from the backseat, “Why are you so upset about this? Didn’t you see his fucking face? He was scared shitless.”

“With Frank coming, you can’t blame him...” Jamia commented.

It was true, but unnecessary at the moment.

“But, you see, Mikey, Kat’s my best friend, and she loves him. And she’s gone through too many douchebag boyfriends and I’m just fucking sick of it!”

“Frank, Gerard isn’t a douchebag, you know that-”

“No, I don’t know that.”

“Jamia? Could you pull over?” Mikey asked suddenly.

“Where are you-” Sid started to ask, but Mikey gave her a single look and she stopped.

We drove off leaving Mikey behind.

The car was silent as we slowly drove in no direction.

MY POV

I went home a drew myself a bath. It had been too long since I had had one anyway.

The scalding water was like a brand new feeling.

‘How is this happening?

I finally find the boy who adores me even more than I adore him and-

No, ...wait.

This is just my luck. So this is happening. He’s slipping through my fingers... just like that.’


*Knock, knock, knock*

‘Um there’s no waay I’m getting that. So whoever it is, you can just go away.’

“Kat?” I heard Mikey, “Kat? It’s Mikey. Could you open up?”

‘Um, let me think-NO. Sorry, pal’

“Please.”

“Uuuuggghh!” I quietly groaned, stepping out of the bath and wrapping a towel around me.

I made it to the door and opened it an inch, “Sorry, Mikey, but I’m not seeing anyone right now-”

“Please. I know what’s going on.”

“So do I. You brother’s bored with me. Don’t worry, it’s happened before-” I plainly stated, having come to terms with our demise.

“It’s not like that at all. He’s so in love with-”

“Stop, Mikey. Please, just, stop-”

“No, because you’re not the one who’s around when Gerard is constantly talking about you. And him. Together. I see how he brightens up. He’s happy. He has hope. And thats just so new for him, that he doesn’t know what to do with himself. He’s never been so confident, and he just needs to adjust,” He put his hand on the door frame and leaned in as if pleading with me, “Like, how he obsessed over doing everything right, how he gets nervous whenever he talks to any of your friends because he doesn’t want to embarrass you, how... how losing you is losing everything he has. His self esteem is fucked. Not his heart.”

I looked up at him in disbelief and was speechless. With a tear in my eye, I let Mikey in and gave him a big hug. He continued without missing a beat

“He’s a good guy. He’s never gotten attention from too many other girls and freaks out when he does and doesn’t know how to act. Don’t worry, Kat. I won’t let him fuck this up, okay?”

“Promise?”

“I promise.”

‘God, I love you, Mikey.’ I thought, and I’ve thought that every day since we had this talk.

“So, please don’t cry, best friend. It’ll make me cry.” He jokingly whimpered.

I snorted a tearful laugh at the thought of Mikey blubbering like a baby like me. I nodded my head, like I understood.

“Thanks, Mikes.”

“I’m gonna go now, but I want you to talk to Frank.”

“Okay. Could you tell Gerard I want to see him? I mean, if you see him first.”

“Sure.”

Mikey left and I went to find my cell.

‘come over?’ I texted Frank.

‘b there.’ He texted back.

I put sweats on and piled my hair in a retarded looking bun on the top of my head. I’m sure my makeup was smudged from crying, but I didn't give a flying fuck.

Frank quietly came through the door, surprisingly alone.

“Hey. I don’t know-” I started saying.

He sped over to me and embraced me tightly, “Babe, you’re beautiful,” He told me and kissed me on the side of the head.

“Frankie...” I whispered, “I want to see him.”

“Okay.” He obliged into my hair.

Image