I'm the Kind of Human Wreckage That You Love.

Three Cheers For Tyranny.

Work; noun - laborious torture put on this earth by evil, evil people

‘When the fuck do I get out of here! I hate PAPER! I hate paper SO MUCH! Aaaahhhhh! Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck...’’

I was thinking pleasant thoughts as Michael walked in.

“Hello, starshine.” I greeted him.

“Hey,” Came out of his mouth, “Can you finish these for me?” He asked.

Before I gave him a response, he had dropped a pile of papers on my desk and left, slamming the door behind him.

‘Jesus? Why do you loathe me? What have I ever done to you?... No answer, huh?’

“Fine then...” I said and flicked off the door and then the sky, “How you like them apples, Jesus? ... No, no, don’t say anythihng ... I understand.”

My insanity continued for a while longer until I begrudingly sat at my desk and sloppily filled out the mountain of papers.

As soon as the clock hit six o’clock, I ran out the door. Gerard and I had dinner plans, just the two of us, and I couldn’t wait.

“Gerard?” I asked entering the apartment, “You around?”

Nothing.

I set my bag down and was about to pour us a celebratory glass of champagne when he yelled to me from the bedroom.

“Katmandu! Come in here.”

“Okay,” I replied upon being beckoned.

“But close your eyes before you open the door.”

“Okaa-ay...” I walked to the door and turned the knob.

He met me and pulled me in swiftly by the hand.

“Gerard?...”

“Shhh... Just look.... and then you can get mad.”

Mad?” I shot open my eyes and looked over at him.

When I did the room was dimly lit and a flicker caught my eye. I looked over his shoulder and got winded. There were candles everywhere, I mean there must of been a hundred... two hundred.

Then I saw the painting.

It was of us. We were on beach facing each other, holding hands, and kissing. The sand was black and full of sharp nails and pins. I was painted in white in a dress and he was painted in black. My feet were dripping with blood from the pin pricks as I streched up to kiss him.

“Oh my God... Gerard... It’s amazing.”

“You like it?”

“I’m in love with it.”

“Sorry it’s another thing with you almost dying.”

“Haha, yeah. I love it, though. This is so cool, baby! It’s for sure staying in here.”

“It’s a going away present.”

“I can look at it everyday and be reminded of you. And us.”

“Forever.”

“Yep, us forever, babe. I love you.”

“I love you. Now c’mere, we have dinner plans with the band at eight.”

“Wait, wha-” He pulled me into a kiss before I could finish.

He slid his tongue into his mouth, as skillfully as ever and pulled my shirt over my head.

“Wait. Really? Now? What about dinner. I need to shower and do my hair and shit.”

He lifted his head from my neck to my ear, “It’s sexy when you talk dirty to me.”

“Oh shut up.” I said hitting him.

He responded my smacking my behind and pulling me closer.

A whole lot of fun time later we were in the car, “Where am I going?” I asked Gerard.

“You’ll never guess-”

Katmandu?

“Ah, man. How’d you guess so fast?!”

“Magic.”

“Oh... Figures.

We got to Katmandu a little late, but the party had started without us anyway.

Everyone was in the middle of a toast, so we grabbed some water and joined in.

“To Europe.” Brian said.

“To My Chem!” Mikey followed.

“To the band learning and growing.” I added with an ‘Awww....’ sound..

“To Frankie!” Jamia saluted.

“I’ll drink to that!” Frank summed up.

“Everybody drink!” Gerard directed.

And drink we did.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

The next morning was stupendously sad. It felt like I was ripping out my heart.

We drove to the airport with quiet giddy conversation.

“You have to take a lot of pictures. And call me a lot. Not everyday... but a lot.”

“Okay,” Gerard would respond with a laugh, “Anything you say mother.”

“Oh, and call your mother. You should probably call her everyday.”

“Okay.” He said geniuinely and looked at me with a warm smile.

I tried to think of something cool to say to him, but I couldn’t. I opened my mouth and nothing came out so I pursed my lips together in thought. I turned back to the road. Gerard surprised me and kissed me on the cheek.

“Don’t worry.”

“Pft! Worry? Who me worry? You know I have no feeling.” I reminded him.

“Oh no?” He asked, “So if I did this...” He kissed my neck gingerly, “You wouldn’t feel it?”

I closed my eyes in pleasure, then suddenly remembered I was driving and snapped them open, “Nope...”

“What about this?”

He ran his hand under my shirt and bit my neck.

“Well, maybe that... But just a little,” I laughed, “You better try harder.”

“Okay....” He complied running his hand up my side to my face and turning it towards him.

I laughed again, “You’ll get us killed! No stop it... and put your seatbelt on!”

He shook his head and sat back down with a devilish grin.

The airport was brimming with people and action, making it hard to have one last ‘moment’.

“I love you, doll. You have my whole heart. You know that right?” I professed holding him around the waist, thumbs on his hips.

He nodded his head then kissed me, the last one for a while. It was a picture perfect kiss. So picture perfect, Frankie decided to film it.

“Haha! Sweet! This can be evidence for when no one believes how hot Gerard’s girlfriend is.” Frankie butted in.

“Frankie! You little shit.” I repreimanded him.

“Well, Jesus. Soo-o-orry.” He pouted, sadly.

“Aw, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it. C’mere I’m gonna miss you SOOO frickin’ much.” I stepped away from Gerard and ran into Frank’s arms for a last hug.

“Me too, best friend!” He merrily agreed.

“Okay, guys, we’re about to board.” Brian informed the boys.

“That’s me...” Gerard trailed off.

“Have an awesome time. No regrets.” I advised.

“No regrets.” He parroted back with a smile.

“Don’t do anything stupid across the pond. ‘A true friend stabs you in the front.’ ” I warned him with an Oscar Wilde quote we both liked.

“Of course not! I love you.”

“I love you times infinity plus 69!”

He waved to me and rolled his bag inside.

"Love you Frank, love you Ray, Love you Mikey, love you Otter!" I yelled after them.

“We love you!” Jamia yelled as they disappeared into the crowd of fellow travellers.

“Ah, goooood times.” I sighed.

“Yep, good times that they’re gonna have without us.” Sid noted.

“At least we get to hear about it without having to clean it off our floor the next morning.” I reminded her.