I'm the Kind of Human Wreckage That You Love.

A Rose Will Bloom, It Then Will Fade.

My POV

The next day, I had developed the FULL on flu. I hated when I got the flu, and especially now, because no one was around to take care of me.

“¡Cuatro más días! ¡Cuatro más días! ¡Cuatro más días! ¡Oye!” I sang, very congestedly, walking into work.

“Four more days?” Mike asked me.

“Yep! That’s it! It’s been forever!”

“Yeah,” He started to walk back into his office, when he stopped and turned around, “Oh, I almost forgot, Frank’s called half a dozen times looking for you.”

“Really? Hmmmm... that’s weird. Thanks.” With that, I left to call Frank.

When I got to my office I had three voicemails. I had forgotten my cell in my office and when I checked it, I have five voicemails and some texts from Frank there, too.

I picked up the phone and dialed Ray’s number this time.

FRANK’s POV

We finally made another stop at some ‘petrol’ station. We’d been on the road for sixteen hours, only stopping by the side of the road to take a leak. It blew. We were all inside looking at the weird junk food and alcohol they had there when Ray’s phone started ringing. He opened it and put it to his ear but before he could say anything, I recognized Kat’s number and snatched it away.

I ran outside with a laugh, hoping he’d just figure I was messing with him and not follow me. I took off around the corner of the building and answered.

“Hey, Kat. Where the heck have you been?” I asked sounding like a mommy.

“I don’t know, around,” She explained, sounding like she was holding her breath, “What’s up with you?”

“Ah, you sound sick, but join the club, we’re all sick here, too. But anyways... dude, some shit went down, and I have to tell you... I may not want to, but-”

“What the fuck happened, Frank?” She spat nervously.

“Okay, you know how I said that Olivia girl was back?”

“Oh my God, Frank, do NOT tell me-”

“Well, her and Gerard have something going on. I don’t know exactly what, but, it’s something. I’m only telling you so you can stop it, you know?”

“Yeah. But, what am I supposed to do? Can’t you do something about it?”

“I’ll try, but he’s, like, depressed now, or something. He looks to her for help with the whole Grandma thing. By the way, how are you doing with that, I know you guys were.. you know.”

I sighed, “I guess I’m okay, it’s hard here. Everybody’s tense and stressed and exhausted. If Gerard’s feeling like shit there, I don’t know how he’ll react here,” I sighed again, “I don’t know. But, I guess it’s good he has some kind of support there-”

“No, don’t say that-”

“But it’s true, Frankie, I should be with him and I’m not. He needs someone... So, I’m glad she’s there.”

My POV

I think I died a little when I said that, and as much as it hurt, and as bad the feeling in the depths of my stomach was, I had to come to grips with the thought sooner rather than later.

Frank was silent on the other end except for the inhale and exhale of his cigarette.

I felt light-headed as I stood up to close the blinds of my window, “Frank, I think... I think.... I’m gonna.....” I blacked out and fell to the ground.

FRANK’s POV

“Kat? Kat?! Hello?” I had heard a loud thump and started freaking out.

“Hello? Frank?” I heard Kat’s boss’ voice on the other line, “What happened?”

“I - I don’t know. We were just talking and then I heard a crash.”

“She passed out. She’s freezing. Hold on. Frank? Let me call you back.” He said.

“Wait! Wait! What the fuck happened?” I sputtered, but he had hung up, “Fucking shit!” I yelled at the phone.

I looked down to the ground and when I did I saw someone's shoes out of the corner of my eye. I looked up to see Ray, looking nervous.

“What the hell happened?” He asked.

I let out a edgy laugh, “I just made Kat pass out.”

“What?” He asked, laughing.

I looked at him seriously, and he quickly stopped.

“What?” He asked again.

I checked behind him to make sure Gerard wasn’t around, the coast was clear, “Have you noticed something about Gerard and Olivia?”

“Um... I don’t know.... maybe...”

“So, yes?

He nodded hesitantly.

“They’re just friends.” Ray recanted his last thought.

“Yeah, I just hope it stays that way.” I murmured pushing past him to the van.

I started ragging on Olivia with Brian to see if Gerard would defend her. He didn’t fall for the trap, just compared her to Kat after everything I’d say, making Kat sound way too good for him. It was REALLY annoying.

I’d be like, “Dude, Liv looks like the fucking wax figure of Dolly Parton!”

“Ha! What the fuck? Too bad Kat’s body is ten times better than Dolly’s and she with ME!”

“Liv smells like the chicks that waited outside Mötley Crüe concerts.” I mocked.

“Ew, metal chicks are gross!” Mikey squealed.

“Kat’s hair smells like the apartment.” Gerard stated.

“Yeah, like grease!” I joked.

“He, fuck you. Just ‘cuz you’re so fucking jealous.”

“Jealous of what? You think everything you have, I haven’t had?” I questioned, getting angry.

“What the hell are you talking about?”

“Take it however you fucking want, bro.” I put my hands up in surrender and gave him a smirk.

“What are you trying to say, Frank?”

I shrugged my shoulders and looked ahead.

“Look at me, asshole! Are you saying you fucked Kat?”

I didn’t turn around, just stared ahead, “Well, if the shoe fits...”

‘Shit,’ I thought, ‘WHY did I just say that?’ I looked around to try and explain.

“Pft... Wha-... Wha-” He started huffing and puffing like a damn bull, “You piece of shit! I’ll fucking KILL you!”

He grabbed me by the collar and practically yanked me over the seat.

“Fuck!” Brian yelled, and pulled over the car.

“Hey! Fuck you, Gerard!” I pointed at him and got in his face, “You NOT the one to be talking about fucking around!”

“What are you talking about?” He asked, loosening his grip.

I ripped his hand off me, opened the car door and jumped outside, “That fucking bitch Olivia! You have NO fucking right to even talk to her! EVER!”

He stepped out too and walked over to me, “Me and her are none of YOUR business.” He pointed at me.

“Then me and Kat are none of YOUR business.” I pushed him away.

“She’s my fucking GIRLFRIEND! I can’t believe you’d fuck me like this!...” He looked at the ground then back to me, “Did you and her really...?”

He looked at me, but I looked at the traffic, not wanting to answer him again.

“How many times?” He asked quietly.

I looked back into the van where everyone was watching us and Brian had gotten out of the car, I looked back to Gerard, “Now, that’s definitely none of your business.”

“How many FUCKING times, Frank?!”

I shook my head at him, I wasn’t gonna say.

“How many FUCKING TIMES?!” He grabbed me by the collar then punched me, causing us to both fall to the ground.

I rolled on top of him and got in one punch before Brain pulled me off him, kicking. Ray and Mikey ran over to Gerard and restrained him. Otter had to help Brian because I wanted to beat his ass SO bad I didn’t want to give in.

“Frank! You have to stop! Calm the fuck down!” Brian shouted at me.

I pulled out of their grasp, “Fine! I’m fine.....” I started walking away, “I’m fucking fine.”

I walked away, cooling off. I knew Brian was following me, I’d gone maybe a quarter mile when I finally stopped and let him talk to me.

“What the fuck was that?” He asked with a defeated sigh.

“He’s dating my best friend and he thinks he can cheat on her right in front of my fucking face. Brian, that’s NOT happening. I won’t let it!”

“Okay, okay, stay calm. Those two love each other and that’s their own shit to deal with. Not yours. Whether you and her are best friends or fucked or whatever. And with his grandma dying and everything? What’s wrong-”

“Shut up! I know! I know it’s hard for him.... but... it’s just... everything's’ out of my hands and I don’t like it.

“Things might be out of your hands for a while, Frank.”

My POV

I opened my eyes to see a blurry Natalie above me.

“She’s awake.” She said and looked to her right.

“Oh, thank God,” I heard Tim say, “Good morning, Sleeping Beauty.”

I put my hand to my forehead because it was killing me, “What happened?” I asked.

“What can you remember?” Mike asked suddenly coming into view over me.

“Um...” My brain hurt as I tried to recall, “I went to the supermarket with my mom, it’s my birthday... I turned seven today!” I exclaimed.

“Oh, shit! She has amnesia!” Tim worried.

I giggled, “Sorry, I had to do that, I’m just kidding. I was on the phone with Frank and I have the flu and I fainted and know my head really hurts and I bet snot is running down my face.”

Everyone sighed in relief.

“Jesus Christ! You scared the shit out of me! If your head didn’t hurt, I’d smack you in the forehead!” Natalie vented.

I tried to sit up on the counter they put me on, but got lightheaded again.

“Woah, woah, woah, slow down. Just take it easy.” Tim soothed.

“Can one of you give her a lift home?” Mike offered.

“It’s okay, boss. Give me a minute and I’ll be fine-”

“No, you need to go home and sleep. And what were you thinking coming to work with the flu?! You’re gonna get everyone sick!” He joked as Tim helped me off the counter.

I had my arm around his neck and he led me outside to my car. He gave me a ride home and promised he’d carpool with Nat to bring my car back. I thanked him and went inside.

I had just put a wet washcloth on my head when the phone rang. I reached over to grab the receiver on the coffee table.

I groaned in the effort, “Hello?

“Kat, it’s me,” It was Gerard, “Did you... Did you and F- How far have you gone with Frank?”

“Excuse me? What are you talking about?”

“Don’t fucking act stupid. How FAR have you gone with Frank?”

“Uh.. I mean... we’ve messed around. Is that what you mean?” I squeaked out, very self consciously.

“Have you fucked him?”

‘Oh, shit. What did you DO Frank?!’ I thought.

“I-... I-....I-”

“Please just answer the question, Kat.” He pleaded, sounding hurt.

“Y-y-yes. Gerard-”

“No.” He spat and stopped me then hung up.

As you could imagine, tears began pouring from my eyes. This was FOR SURE the unluckiest month of my entire life.