Status: finished

Nothing You Confess, Could Make Me Love You Less

You Should Stay Away From That Guy

I finally went back to school on Monday. Nick was back and he and Embry were closer than ever. Same goes for Jake and me. Jacob was now taking me to and from school even though we go to different ones. He reminded me about Dillon and still doesn’t want me alone with him.

“Ready to go?” Jake asked as he waited for me in the living room. I nodded.

“Yeah, one sec,” I grabbed a pair of black flats by the door and slid them on while Jacob picked up my bag.

“Bye Mom, love you!” I yelled. My mom yelled that she loved me back and we walked out. Embry and Nick had already left a few minutes ago, but I was running late because my hair decided to be bad this morning.

“You look fine!” Jacob chuckled from the driver’s seat when he saw me looking in the sun visor mirror.

“You’re only saying that because you're my boyfriend,” I grumbled and ran my fingers crazily through my short blonde hair. Once I had it flattened out some, I gave up and leaned back in my seat.

“It’s only school. Besides you have no one to impress because I’m already blown away,” I smiled. He said the cheesiest things, but I loved them all the same.

We pulled into the parking lot and got out together. Jake’s school didn’t start for another 25 minutes so we hung out in the lot next to his car.

“I’ll pick you up too and don’t stay too long with Dillon. Don’t linger or start a conversation either,” I nodded and smiled.

“Okay father,” he rolled his eyes and kissed my forehead.

“Look who’s here,” he mumbled. I turned to see who it was and saw Bella getting out of Edward’s Volvo. He held her bag and hand. We made eye contact and I instinctively pulled myself closer to Jacob. He wrapped his arm around me in return and we watched them walk into the school.

“Just ignore her too. She’s trying to get to you and you can't let that happen,” he reminded me. He sounded more like a life coach instead of my hot boyfriend. We finally had to say goodbye and he kissed me softly on the lips before leaving.

I walked into the small school and made my way to first period. Bella was once again on the other side of the room and didn’t even look at me. Some nerve! She makes out with my boyfriend and acts like it never happened!

I sat down and looked out the window to see the first few rain drops fall. As soon as I'm old enough, I’m leaving this small rainy town.

“Hey, Emma, you're back!” I turned and saw Dillon sitting down next to me. I nodded, trying to take Jacob’s advice and ignore him.

“What’s wrong?” I glanced at Bella and back to my desk. Even though I had made up with Jacob, the image of her on his lap wouldn’t leave my mind. It made me insecure and vulnerable. What girl wouldn’t feel that way if they walked in on something like that?

“Nothing, just tired and didn’t want to wake up this morning,” I answered softly. Dillon also looked back at Bella quickly.

“Did you get into a fight with her or something?” he asked. How would he know?

“Something like that,” I mumbled and looked to the front of the room. Where was Mr. Burns when you needed him?

“Does it have to do with Jacob?”

“What’s with the 20 questions? I don’t want to talk about it,” I said not looking at him. I could see him put his hands up in defeat.

“Sorry, I am too curious for my own good,” he smirked. Finally our teacher walked in and began class. What was up with Dillon today? He was way more talkative than normal, but I don’t really know him that well either.

School passed by quickly and lunch rolled around. I sat down with Angela and Tyler like usual and bit into my ham and cheese sandwich. Tyler stole my apple and took a bite of it.

“What’s up with you and Bella? You two used to be like frickin’ sisters.” Tyler mumbled with a dribble of apple juiced coming out of his mouth.

“We just don’t get along anymore. She’s not as nice as I thought she was,” I grumbled pushing some of my side salad around on my plate. Angela nudged my arm with her plastic fork.

“Don’t look now, but Edward is glaring at you,” she whispered. Figures, he has like super hearing and is a mind reader! I faced Edward and rolled my eyes.

“Some people need to learn how to control their girlfriends,” I said facing my friends again. I knew Edward could hear that one. Angela’s eyes grew to the size of my lunch tray and Tyler dropped my apple.

“Did Bella do something bad to you?”

“I went over to Jacob’s house and found her shoving her tongue down his throat. In the end he was trying to get rid of her, but still. How could she do something like that to Edward? He really is a nice guy when he wants to be and he deserves better than her,” I said starting to feel sympathy for him.

“Seriously?!” I nodded and took a sip of my tea. Subtly, I looked back at Edward and he looked deep in thought. I thought of Bella and Jacob kissing again and saw him cringe.

He glared at me, but I gave him a small smile. It hurts me too, I said inside my head. His eye softened a bit, but he looked away from me and back to his family. Maybe he isn’t so bad.

“Hey, is this seat taken?” Dillon asked standing above me. Before I could answer, he was already sitting down. I noticed he didn’t have a lunch, but then remembered that he didn’t need one because he was a vampire and all.

“What were you guys talking about?” he asked. I gave my friends a look that said don’t tell him and they ended up covering for me.

“Just how stupid Mr. Burns project is going to be. Nobody wants to do it,” Tyler grumbled telling the truth and he finished my apple.

“Is Jacob picking you up today?” Angela asked eating her salad.

“Yeah, he doesn’t trust any of the guys that go here besides Nick,” I laughed. They all smiled and for once Dillon’s smile wasn’t all that creepy.

“Who’s Nick?” he asked.

“He’s my younger brother by a year.” I ate my sandwich and got up to throw my trash away. I said goodbye to all of them and walked out into the hall to relax before next period started.

“You should stay away from that guy,” Edward said next to me. I jumped slightly and calmed my heart rate.

“I know. Jacob already told me about him, but he keeps talking to me,” I said.

“My family is still trying to figure out what clan he is from and why he is here, but it’s not that easy,” he was confusing me so much right now.

“Why are you helping me? I thought you hated me because Bella and I didn’t get along,” Edward sighed and leaned against the wall next to me.

“I guess this is my way of saying sorry for what Bella did to you and Jacob. I’ll make sure you’re safe here, okay?” I gave Edward a small smile.

“Thanks, you’re not that bad after all,” he chuckled and nodded his head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait! School is killing me and I don't have any free time now /:
Leave a comment and tell me to get the updates out faster! (: