Status: finished

Nothing You Confess, Could Make Me Love You Less

It's Tempting Sometimes

(Check out Dillon's character info)

“I admit that I can be a cocky arrogant asshole, but I have a power that can help me easily connect with other people. Well it can help me empathize with them,” he said staring intently at my floor.

“What is it?” The room was quiet and Dillon brought his gaze up to meet mine. His red eyes sent chills down my spine, but if saw that he didn’t do anything about it.

“I have the power to see important events in a person’s past,” he said.

“What?” I asked. He let out a sigh.

“Whenever I’m around someone I can almost relive what they have gone through… I’ve seen your past multiple times,” I shifted uncomfortably under his gaze.

“What did you see?” I asked in a whisper.

“I saw the accident and how cruel your old boyfriend was to you afterwards. I saw your parents’ divorce and all the fighting that went on. And I saw you distancing yourself from everyone else back in California. You’ve really changed now that you’re in Forks,” he said.

“Why are you telling me this?” I asked feeling all the old memories come crashing into my mind.

“Once I see someone’s past, I feel like I have to stick around them and make sure that they’re okay. But I can see that I’ve made both the dogs and vampires around you anxious.” He chuckled.

“Yeah, Jacob was about ready to come at you a few times,” I said with light humor. Dillon relaxed a little.

“Then why are your eyes red. If you feel sympathy toward others, why do you continue you drink their blood when you can easily live off of animals?” I asked.

“I do both. I feed off of animals when I feel like it. I only feed off of humans when I come across scum that shouldn’t be here. I have met some very horrible people throughout the years that I have been …partially alive. If they have done something to deserve death, then I give it to them, but it has to be something equally as bad as dying.”

Things clicked together and I now saw why Dillon was always trying to talk to me and was always around.

“So you were just looking out for me?”

“In a way, yeah. But It didn’t help that your blood smells so good…” he closed his eyes in frustration and moved away from me a little. I reached my hand out, but he stopped me.

“Give me a second. You’re too close and I haven’t fed today,” he hissed out the warning. I froze, but finally managed to edge back until we were several feet away from each other. When Dillon opened his eyes again they were pitch black.

“Don’t look at me like that. Like I’m some kind of monster! I never asked to be this way!” he clenched his fists until his knuckles were white.

“Dillon, calm down,” my voice shook. Jacob couldn’t come help me because he was patrolling and didn’t even know Dillon was here. It was just me and him for now. Dillon relaxed his hands and closed his eyes.

“I’m sorry, Emma,” he whispered. We were quiet for a while before he spoke again.

“Now that I see that you’ll be okay with the people around you, I’ll be leaving Forks soon.” He said.

“Why, I thought you didn’t like being alone. What about all the friends you’ve made here?” I asked.

“I told you. I can't get too close to others because of my power and the fact that I still drink human blood. It’s tempting sometimes. Besides I’m like a nomad. I’m used to moving around a lot,” he tried to make light of the situation.

“If you ever do get lonely, you can come back here.” I told him. He gave me a sincere smile and stood up.

“Thanks, Emma. That means a lot, but I do need to go before I leave my scent all over your room,” I nodded and watched him leave out of my window again. I left it open in hopes of airing out my room.

I took a shower to help clear my thoughts. I never would have thought that Dillon was going to be a nice guy. The hot water ran over my back, but I was too lost in my memories. He was right though. I have changed so much since I moved here.

When we found out that my dad had been cheating on my mom with Nora, I felt like my world was going to fall apart. I had just found out that I could never play the piano like I used to be able to and then my dad was unfaithful. My life was so hectic in California.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around me. Forks is calm and it keeps me calm as well, but I do want to move when I can. Hopefully Jacob will want to move with me too.

I got dressed in my PJs and tried to finish the rest of my project. I was putting the finishing touches on it when my mom called me downstairs.

“Yeah mom?”

“You got mail, I forgot to give it to you,” she said. I grabbed the white envelope and tore it open. I read the beautiful card and saw that it was a wedding invitation from my dad and Nora. It’s amazing that I forgave them so easily for what they had done to my mom, Nick, and me. There was another small piece of paper written by my dad.


Hey Baby girl.

I sent this to you because if I sent it to your mom, she would have thrown it away without opening it and Nick would have been too irresponsible to do this. I was hoping you would come to my wedding and convince your brother too come as well. I know he got along with Nora and Jesse, but marrying another woman is a hard thing for kids to see their dad do. You can ask your mom as well, but I don’t expect her to come. It would be nice of her to, but I don’t want to hurt her anymore. If you could do this for me, I would be very happy.

Love, Dad <3


I took the invitation up to my room and tacked it to my bulletin board so I wouldn’t forget to talk to Nick and Mom about it later. I looked over at the clock and saw that it was almost 11. Nick is probably home by now, but the wedding thing can wait until tomorrow. I crawled into bed and shut my lights off.

I hope Dillon can find someone he can be happy with. I think he deserves it for all he’s done for people. He can just come off a little weird at first. (:
♠ ♠ ♠
I know some of you wanted there to be a big fight with Dillon and you wanted him to die, but I've been planning for this part to happen for a while and I hope I didn't disappoint you guys too bad(:

This story will be over soon. Just a couple of chapters left and yes in one of those will be the rated R stuff that I warned you about in the summary. Keep reading and leave me wonderful comments!! (: <3