I Won't Give Up On You

Like I Got a Noose Around My Neck

Image

Finally after so long, Oli got a good nights sleep in the fancy hotel that they were staying in. Oliver rolled over in the huge bed, looking at the alarm clock. It read 3:00 p.m. He rolled over again, reaching for his phone that laid on the nightstand. He was still in his clothes from the show, guessing that Matt had carried him inside.

Once he finally rolled out of bed, he spotted Tom on the couch in the next room. He really felt that Tom was trying to reach out and pull him back to the way he use to be. In a way, it wouldn't be that bad to go back. But to be without her.. He didn't know what to do.

He passed through the living room to get to the kitchen, and get something to soothe his throat. After drinking three glasses of water, he returned to his room for fresh clothes and a shower. His hair was sticking up and slicked down, bed head at its greatest. He shook his own image from his mind and turned the shower on. Hot water poured out, making a steam cloud hover above the hot running water. The water relaxed him instantly, pushing all his troubled thoughts out once the steaming water washed over his new cuts.

Tom turned over on the couch, hearing the water running through the walls. He sat up slowly, hoping he wasn't hung over. Luckily, he stayed just under his limits the night before. He stumbled into the kitchen, filling a glass with cold water. He saw the glass from Oli in the sink, and concluded that he had needed something for his throat. He reached for his phone in his pocket, and looked for the time. Almost four? He questioned, slipping it back into his pocket. Well, it was a day off for the band. Soon enough, Oliver came from his room fully dressed. "Where are you going Oliver?" He asked, guessing that he was probably going to look at the up scale stores that were across the street.

"I'll be back later, maybe we can go out for dinner?" Oliver asked, not sure where he was off to.

Tom nodded, "Yeah, I'm going to play Halo with Matt, you can join if you'd like." He said with a smile, half hoping Oli wouldn't go.

"Maybe later." He nodded again, grabbing his key card off of the table. He closed the door behind him, leaving the room for Tom to use freely. The elevator was his escape; he needed to get out of the hotel for a while, and get some fresh air.

In the lobby, he met up with their manager that was at the bar. "A little early for that don't you think?" He asked, a smile appearing on his face.

* * *

Oliver found himself in the city park, walking around freely. He was resting; his voice not being strained by having to talk to anyone. He pulled a pack of cigarettes from his pocket, lighting one quickly. The release of smoke from his mouth relaxed him, an instant mellowness washing over him. Oli watched people pass by him, and he hopped that no one recognized him. Not that he hated attention, just that he didn't want to talk to anyone at the moment. His phone rang in his pocket, and he answered it not caring to look who it was. Little did he know, the phone call would change his life.

"Hello Oliver?" The voice asked, and Oli nodded not sure what exactly he should say. The voice sounded like Curtis's mom. She sounded disturbed, distant, and unsure.

"Yes, is this Dianne?" He asked, wondering why she was calling.

Dianne's voice started to tremble, "Curtis.. past away." She got out finally.

Oliver could hear her tears falling. He stopped in his tracks, finding the nearest seat. His knee's grew weak, how could he do this to me? He asked himself, tears starting to drench his face and shirt. After everything they'd been through together, how could he take his own life and leave me here? "Dianne, I'm so sorry." Oliver said finally, choking on his own words.

"Me too," Dianne said sadly, looking down at the phone reciever. "I'll call you back when I know the details about the funeral. Take care love." She said, and with that, hung up the phone.

Oliver was too stunned to move, or even call anyone else and tell them. When he finally got around, he knew where he wanted to go and what he wanted.

* * *

Oli slipped into his hotel room unnoticed, and went straight to his bedroom. This was the end, no turning back from what he was about to do. He cocked the gun, and put it to his chest, hoping it was the right choice. If he was supposed to live, it wouldn't kill him. But god, he wanted to die. Samantha, now Curtis. They both betrayed him. He wished that at least once of them would have told him that they were going, a good last goodbye. Because the both of them, only left his name on the fucking suicide note. He didn't know if Curtis left one or not, but he sure as hell knew he was involved.

Matt told Tom to go check if Oli was back yet, so they could go to eat. He stepped into the hotel room, seeing the door was closed. Must be taking a nap. He thought, deciding that he'd step out for a cigarette. Once on the balcony he lit one, feeling the instant relaxation. A gunshot rang through the air, and Tom dropped the cigarette from the high up balcony. He ran inside, in shock hoping it didn't come from Oli's room. "Oliver!" He yelled, opening the door quickly, to see Oli laying on the floor the gun dropped beside his body. He was in pain, holding his chest where the bullet had entered. "Oli..." He said quietly, tears falling down his cheeks. He ran to the phone dialing 911, and telling them his exact location. "Hurry, he's dying! Please, just hurry.." He begged, putting the phone back on the reciever and rushing over to Oliver. "Why Oliver, why?.." He asked, his tears falling onto Oli's body. Tom wanted to scream, do something because he couldn't let Oli die, not like this. Matt came in, wondering why Tom was taking so long to see Oli and Tom in the bedroom.

He ran over to the both, seeing Oliver on the floor. "What.. fuck Oliver." He whispered under his breath, looking down at Oli's trembling body. "Hang in there, please." He said quietly, hoping he'd just hold on long enough for the paramedics to get there.
♠ ♠ ♠
really unsure about this. tell me if you like / dislike.