Choose Your Own Family

I should have stayed home again

After Paul said that my heart skipped a beat. What did he mean a surprise for Michael and me?

“What do you mean by that? Where is my brother!” I shouted at him with an angry voice. But I wasn’t angry at all. I was terrified.

“Relax Princess, were not going to do anything to your brother or you. Were not going to hurt either of you, in fact were doing the opposite, were helping you. “Paul said with a smile. It wasn’t one of his too happy smiles but it was still freaky.

“Unlike you, Michael …isn’t going to willing talk to us.” Marko said.

“What do you mean? I ask clueless

“Well you came here and stayed for no reason. Michael won't do that, in fact he wants nothing to do with us. All he wants is Star, or so we know.” Explained Marko.

“So when your brother comes here and realizes that she isn’t here, he’s going to have to find us so we could “tell” him were Star is.” Said Paul stressing the word tells making it obvious that they weren’t going to tell him.

“So were is Star and Laddie?” I ask.

“We would tell you but we can’t. David told us not too.” Replied Paul

“We were all surprised that we saw you here when we woke up. Especially after you found out what we really were.” Said Marko.

“Well I was kind of mad at my brother.” I said looking down at the floor.

“What for?” asks Paul very interested.

“He told me not to hang out with you guys. And I was mad because I wanted to hang out with you guys. So I came here to stay away from my brother and to see Laddie to cheer me up. But he was sleeping and I didn’t want to wake up. So before I went to sleep I talked to Star.” I said with complete honesty.

“And what did she say.” Said Marko with a serious and harshness voice. It kind of scared me because Marko isn’t one for being harsh.

“She just told me how she and Laddie became a half vampire.” I said looking at him hoping he would drop it.

“That’s all Princess?” said Paul with a serious voice as well.

“Yeah that’s all.” I said. I think they knew I was lying. I didn’t want to tell them that Star told me David use to like her. I felt Star did something horrible talking to me. But why didn’t they have these mood swings when I was talking to her last time.

After I said that to Paul I felt a hand touch my shoulder and held me in place so I wouldn’t be able to turn around. It was obvious that I was shocked because I tensed up.

“You sure that’s all?” whispered David.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter was very short and has an evil cliff hanger but they will get longer...eventually.