Status: Chapter 12 is Here

Everyone, I'm a Vampire.

College. Wow College.

Dartmouth folds out in front of me, and honestly I’m scared. The early fall colors are magnificent, the yellows, greens, and reds catch my eye. The tall building looked menacing, much more menacing than Forks High School. I just stopped and stared, wide eyed. What if this is a mistake? I know how in control I am, but still, what if I lose control, all these innocent students. I shudder.

“Bella, come on, love. What’s there to be afraid of? Monsters?” Edward’s laughter brings me out of my fear-induced trance. “We’re the only monsters here, love.” He smiles his heartbreaking half smile. He pulls me in closer to his chest, kissing my forehead, still smiling.

“Edward, I can’t do this. What if I lose control?” I whisper into his stone chest.

“Bella, I’ll always protect you. I won’t let you do anything you’ll regret.” His hands are rubbing circles on my back. I pull away and smile at him.

“I believe you. Let’s go.” I take his hand and we walk toward the school. All my fears are in the back of my mind now.

* * *

Our new house is beautiful. It is a large, white, four-bedroom colonial. Esme helped me decorate it. We decided, Edward, Esme and I, that we wanted it to be just like the cottage. And just like the cottage, a large fireplace is centered in the living room, in a beautiful, eclectic stone. We shopped in antique stores to find all the furniture. My favorite room is the master bedroom, even though we don’t sleep; a dark mahogany wood, king size bed sits in the middle of the room. The walls are painted in different hues of blue, gold and purple stripes. In true Cullen style, Edward and Esme put glass windows through the whole back of the house. Dark purple curtains frame the windows in our bedroom. Renesme’s room is purple, her favorite color. A daybed sits inside a bay window framed in lace curtains. We absolutely love our new house. We walk everywhere.

The homework from my first college class is overwhelming. Edward and I are sitting at our kitchen table. Renesme is asleep upstairs. He holds my hand with one of his and writes with the other. I do the same. My shield is like a bubble around him, letting him into my mind.

“I love it now that I can hear your thoughts. They are lovely, love.” He smiles at me and squeezes my hand. “If you need help, Bella, I can help you.” He says and takes the paper out from under me all because I thought that it is hard, that college is going to be hard. How does he do this so many times?

He looks at my paper seriously. “You’ll get used to this, Bella. You’ll see.”

“Um, Maybe. But I don’t think so Edward.” I say to him, rolling my eyes. He laughs. I growl and my now gold eyes narrow. “I think maybe we should just forget homework and go debate something.”

“Oh, Bella, you are just so sexy when you’re like this. I also think that we should forget all this learning nonsense and get on with the debating.” His smile is mocking, and undoubtedly, sexy.

In a single lightening fast motion, that my eyes can now see, I’m in his arms and we’re moving upstairs. He’s kissing up my neck and then up to my lips.

* * *
It’s close to dawn now, and it’s now time to face all that college homework. Edward is running his fingers through my hair and smiling. “What you thinking about love?”

“About that homework downstairs waiting for me.” Just then my mothering senses kicked in, making think of Renesme for the first time. Wow, I can’t believe I forgot in all the chaos of last night, “and Nessie.” I still hate Jacob’s little nickname for my daughter but it has grown on me.

“Well, she won’t be up for awhile, Bella. And we don’t have class again until next Monday, so the homework is not our first priority. We can always have Nessie stay with Alice and Jasper for a few days. She would like that.” Alice and Jasper have an apartment not too far from here. They are going to Dartmouth, too. She would love to give us some alone time to enjoy our new house. “ Alice could take Nessie shopping.”

Edward phone rings. It makes me jump. “Hello, Alice.” Edward says into the receiver.

‘Edward I just had a vision that Nessie was over and we went shopping. Is that what you are discussing right now. I would love to take Nessie off your hands for a few days so you and Bella can be completely alone.’ Alice says into the phone, all excited like a child on their birthday.

“Yes Alice, you can baby sit.”

‘Bye, Edward. Thank you.’ Alice all but screamed into the phone.

“Goodbye, Alice.”

“That went well.” I say kissing his smiling lips.