Status: comments make me giggle like i'm on crack, yo.

Boy Toy

sebastian.

When Marshall slides into the cool leather booth, he lets his head fall onto his neatly folded arms on the sticky table. He’s watching the boy with the brilliant eyes up behind the counter intently, trying to figure out what it is that’s happening with his head, and kind of his heart.

The boy’s eyes glance up from the soda machine and lock with Marshall’s own. There’s a grin on his face, lopsided and cute, kind of like a third grader’s would be. It’s adorable, to say the least and Marshall can’t help but smile back.

As he does this, his heart twinges a little bit because let’s face it, two weeks isn’t hardly enough time for him to be totally over Nathan. He’s blushing and looking away like an awkward twelve year old girl when the café stranger‘s eyes begin sparkling with mischief. Marshall wants to just sit and talk with this stunning boy for the rest of eternity.

Because the coffee shop is almost completely vacant, except for one wheezy old lady in the
corner, who is watching the two boys with an almost disgusted look on her face, the stranger slides the Coke to Marshall then folds his arms and looks expectantly at Marshall.

“Don’t even say anything, Agnes,” the boy spoke, not even bothering to turn his face and look at the frumpy old lady still glaring at the two boys.

Marshall let out a laugh and took a small sip of his Coke, feeling awkward and too hot under the gaze of the model-like person across from him.

“I’m Sebastian and you’re cute,” he says with a grin, laughing quietly when Marshall’s cheeks go four times redder than they previously were. Marshall lets his eyes slide over to Agnes again and finds her staring again. When their eyes lock, the eighty-some year old woman holds up a hand and waves her middle finger in the air proudly.

Marshall’s jaw drops and he looks to Sebastian to find him flipping her off just as arrogantly.
When the green eyed boy turns back around and meets Marshall’s wide brown eyes, he’s laughing really hard.

“I’m pretty sure that Agnes is related to me somehow or something. The woman acts like an elderly and female me,” he says quietly and Marshall almost doesn’t hear the words because he’s practically drowning in the color that is Sebastian’s eyes. Then they register and he laughs, cursing the blush that he can feel covering his face.

“I’m Marshall,” he says quietly and lets his eyes dance around the cozy little place. The clock reads 10:02 and he knows that he has to be home in all of four hours to make sure that he’s there before his mom. He’s determined not to be late this time because he’s determined not to cry over Nathan again, and he’s pretty sure without tears, he will be grounded for eternity.

“What’re you doing out on a Monday morning, Marshall?” Sebastian asks him, his gorgeous jade eyes searching Marshall’s face.

Marshall lightly winces and mutters a, “Suspension,” without looking up from his Coke.
Sebastian laughs, the loud and deep noise filling up the empty shop.

“A troublemaker, then?” he asks, leaning forward to put his head in his hands as well.

“Not usually. But I guess lately, you could say that,” he says with his voice awfully quiet, knowing already where the conversation is heading.

It’s not that he doesn’t want to tell Sebastian, because he really just wants to tell Sebastian absolutely everything about him, he just really doesn’t want to talk about it, period. He knows he will in the end, though, because Sebastian doesn’t seem like the kind of boy that takes no for an answer.

“What’s happened lately?” comes the question that Marshall knew would and he slides his Coke aside, twists sideways in the booth to get comfortable and starts talking, spilling absolutely everything.

He’s talking about what he felt for Nathan, how he gave him everything, how he was the perfect boyfriend. He talks about how he didn’t get pissed off even when Nathan forgot to call him back, tell him that night’s plans, or was caught grinding or kissing with someone while drunk. Marshall had always assumed that it was just Nathan and that he was drunk and that he didn’t mean it, of course.

He talks about how it happened, what happened, how he figured out, everything he can think of. His voice isn’t so shy and awkward anymore and Sebastian is almost droning out his more confident voice with his own thoughts about how cute the young looking, brown haired, honey eyed boy across from him is.

Before he even gets to the good part, the part where he knocked Nathan’s head off and severely bruised his knuckles, the lunch crowd is rushing into the café and Sebastian gives him sad eyes before darting off behind the counter.

People file in and out like clockwork. There’re all of five people that actually come in, order and sit. Most of them just yell for their coffee or toasted sandwich and then they’re gone. Marshall watches Sebastian float around the space at the speed of light, yelling at the guy behind the window, making espressos and coffees like mad. Marshall watches the small percentage of tattoos glitter in the pale lighting of the Steinhouse Café and he can’t help but softly smile at how just plain cute the guy is. Somewhere in the mess of people, Agnes manages to sneak out without Marshall catching it.

It’s one o’clock before Sebastian returns to the table and he’s got five different types of liquids stained on his shirt and he seems to be trapped in his apron. Marshall laughs at him before getting up and untying the double knot on the back. After Sebastian pulls his head out of the offending piece of fabric and finishes cussing at it, the two of them lock eyes for what seems like an eternity. Eventually, Marshall blinks and looks away awkwardly and kind of smiles when Sebastian starts laughing.

“You’re too cute, Marshall,” he says and then ushers him back into the booth. “So, I think you were getting ready to tell me about this whole suspension thing.”

Of course, Marshall tells him all about the suspension thing, and then about the party, and then about Mattie. And as he’s spilling his entire life story and Sebastian is fighting to focus on his words and not the way his mouth is moving and his angelic face, Marshall is losing track of time. By the time he finishes with the, “And here I am now,” line, it’s 2:30 and his mom is due home at 2:45.

His eyes get wide and he stands up abruptly, leaving Sebastian sitting kind of confused. “My mom’s home in fifteen minutes, I have no clue how to get home, I’ll be back tomorrow!” he shouts and speed walks to the door, before darting back and placing a spur of the moment kiss on Sebastian’s cheek and mumbling a thank you.
♠ ♠ ♠
forty comments, plz.
you guys're amazing.
(: i love you, commenters!
SEBASTIAAAAAAAAAAAN!