Status: This story is under revisions (grammatically).

Living on Perfectly Remembered Memories

Some…Uh, Malfunctions

I was currently standing in front of the door of my parents' bedroom. They were inside the closet, trying to pull out our artificial Christmas tree.

I already told them about the pool party and they already said yes, but I had to ask one more time so they could remember.

"Mom, dad, can I go to a pool party today?" I asked, running my fingers through my hair. I took a shower just an hour before. I don't know why I did it when I'll come home bathed in chlorine.

I heard dad's muffled grunting. From him, that meant a yes. Mom wasn't so easy to convince though. "Is Matthew going?"

"Yeah."

"Okay!"

"How come I can go only if Matt is coming?"

"Because he can protect you from all those boys with hormones."

I laughed and walked out the room. I didn't want to hear it anymore. If I let them keep talking, they'd eventually ask me why Matt and I aren't together. After having to hear it since 8th grade, I just learned to dodge the subject completely.

Matt and I met in front of my house after I had my forest green bikini on underneath my black tank top and jean shorts. My towel rested securely over my shoulders.

We walked about three blocks until we saw Zacky sitting on the hood of some car. He saw us approaching and gave Matt one of those guy handshakes and I received a hug. He led us to the back of his friend's house to where the party was. There weren't many people, around 20 sitting by the pool or in it. I found Leana, Angel, and Jessica sitting in the lawn chairs. We smiled at each other.

I turned around trying to find an empty spot to put my things. Lucky for me, Matt found two empty chairs. I walked over and put my towel on it. Matt already took his shirt off. I couldn't help but to stare.

The last time I saw his body, he toned it but didn't add the muscle. But damn, today, he was irresistible. I must have had a really stupid grin on my face. It took me two minutes to realize I was being rude by staring. My cheeks flushed red and I turned my back to him.

As quickly as I could, I pulled the tank top over my head and unbuttoned the shorts so I could shimmy out of them. I threw my clothes next to my towel and left my flip-flops by my chair as well.

I turned back, facing Matt to find him smiling at me. "You look pretty in your bikini."

If it was any other guy, I would've taken the compliment and flirted, but this is Matt. My best friend. My stupid best friend I like. I threw my head back slightly and laughed. "Matty, it's only a bathing suit. Nothing dazzling about it."

He shrugged and walked with me to our friends. I didn't see Jimmy, Josh, or Zacky around. I asked the girls where those three were and they said it's a secret.

I was trying to decode the "secret" before I felt myself in the air and tickled to death.

"NO!" I screamed, thrashing around.

"But you need to get wet!" Jimmy screamed, still holding onto my waist and dodging all my kicks.

"Wet in what way?" I heard Josh laugh. I didn't know where he was but I showed him my middle finger proudly.

"Please don't!" I pleaded as he inched closer and closer to the pool.

I found myself in Matt's arms. He held my waist like Jimmy did but I was facing him. I sighed in relief. "Thanks Matty."

"You're welcome," he smiled and pinched my cheek.

Uh oh. I don't like this idea. Before I could grab onto any part of him, my helpless body collided with the cold water. There's going to be hell to pay!

I reached the surface of the water, seeing all my friends laugh at me. I sighed, shaking my wet hair away from my face. The hyenas were still laughing over there by the time I reached to the side of the pool.

I lifted myself up when I felt something snap from around my neck. My eyes went wide and I dove underwater. Feeling the sting of the chlorine, I looked down and saw my bikini top was untied, revealing my breasts.

I swam up panicking. "Shit!" I muttered. Doing the best I could, I wrapped my right arm around my chest, with the bikini top covering me.

A large tanned hand appeared in front of my face. "Do you need help Franchesa?"

I followed the hand, to the arm, to the person's face. Rafael. Oh sure he shows up when I made a fool of myself. I took his hand anyways and in a matter of seconds, I was back on the poolside.

Like Matt, Rafael has some muscle packed on. Damn it, what is up with all the muscular guys? Matt walked over to me, smiling and then he saw Rafael. That smile was wiped off his face.

"What happened?" Matt questioned in a low voice. Protective much? He wrapped his arms around my body, pulling me close to him.

I stood on my tippy toes, reaching his ear. "Matt my bikini top snapped! I need to fix it!"

The angry expression on his face flickered and his cheeks turned pink. "I'll get you my shirt then," he said.

"Actually, she can borrow my shirt," Rafael cut in and gave me his white t-shirt. I thanked him and headed inside the house. One of the guys inside showed me the bathroom and then insisted he should help me with my wardrobe malfunction. I raised my hand to slap him into next Friday but Matt punched him in the gut.

"She's not some whore. A whore wouldn't fuck you," he sneered. I laughed inside.

I walked into the bathroom and flicked on the light. It was big and white. I really couldn't care to look at the details seeing as how I needed to fix myself right now.

I closed the door behind me. It never slammed. I looked over my shoulder to see Matt in the way. "Do you need help?" he asked in an innocent voice. Innocent my ass.

"No thanks. I'm a big girl. Get out." He didn't budge. I rolled my eyes, reaching for something hard on the bathroom sink. I flung it at the door just when he closed it. He's lucky for today.

After I double knotted the strings to my bikini top, I realized I couldn’t take any more chances. Remembering I came in here with Rafael's shirt, I pulled it over my head and pulled at the ends to see how far it would fit. It barely covered my butt. Oh well.

I walked back out, seeing Matt wait by the door. I smiled at him to show I was done. He nodded at me, no smile in return. I walked along side him, reaching for his hand. He held mine back after a few minutes of me holding his fist.

"Is there something wrong?"

"No, nothing."

But I could tell he was lying. His jaw clenched and he wasn't smiling. What did I do now?
♠ ♠ ♠
The original plan was for me to get this chapter up by Thursday but somehow I wrote it in less than an hour and I figured "Sure let's update." And here it is. =]