Status: This story is under revisions (grammatically).

Living on Perfectly Remembered Memories

"Sorry!"

Today felt like a good day. I don't know but it just does. I went through the entire day of school without any homework, even from American History. I can't wait to get home and get some sleep in.

Currently, Matt was messing with my good mood. The end of the day bell rang long ago and I still am not home. Where is he? He left five minutes before class ended to get whatever he needed done. Ugh, this is making me angry.

I looked at the clock on the wall; feeling a hand touching my shoulder. I snapped my head to the hand, finding Matt smiling at me with his dimples. Oh, of course. He's going to apologize to me for something.

"Fran, I'm sorry but I can't walk you home today. I have football stuff to do. Do you mind walking by yourself?" By now, his smile grew even more.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Yeah I'll walk home by myself. See you later." I then left without a hug or kiss on the cheek or anything from Matt. It wouldn't have killed him to tell me he was going to be busy while we were in class. Instead, I had to wait 15 minutes for him to beautify himself and then he told me he had plans today.

What was up with that anyways? He was wearing a regular black t-shirt and jeans before. When he came back with different clothes on, he had on a muscle shirt, extremely ripped jeans, and these weird armbands on both his wrists. Oh well I guess.

I walked halfway out the doors before my name was called, practically screamed. I turned my heel, watching Rafael run to me in disbelief. I swear he spied on us to know exactly when to talk to me. Right now, I'm glad he's here.

"Hi," I smiled.

Rafael's cheeks flushed a slight pink through his tanned skin. "Hello. Matt is not walking you home today?"

I frowned. "No, he's busy."

"Oh." He kept quiet afterwards, most likely feeling that I didn't want to talk about Matt anymore.

Just like that, we were standing in front of my door. I didn't want to be alone today. I was probably getting my time of the month soon. I did surprise myself when I asked Rafael if he wanted to come inside and have a soda. He was surprised too but he accepted the offer.

Once we were in the house, I heard fast footsteps descending the stairs.

"Izzy!" Kenny screamed and jumped into my arms.

I grinned, giving him a sisterly hug. "Franchesa? Do you mind playing with Kenneth? He's been running around the house waiting for you to come home for over an hour," mom pretty much ordered.

I placed Kenny on his feet and whispered in his ear to go get a board game for us to play. I gave Rafael an apologetic smile but he shook his head, not bothered. I took him into the kitchen where mom was washing dishes.

"Mom?" I asked nervous.

"Yes?" she replied with a question.

"This is my friend Rafael. He's a foreign exchange student from Spain."

"Oh," she gave him a once over, "hello! If you're hungry, please don't hesitate to tell me. I'll gladly fix something for you to eat."

"Thank you very much ma'am but if you do not mind, may I please have something to drink?" he answered, his accent profound. I think he just won her over.

"Sure help yourself."

I poked his shoulder, pointing to the living room. I walked into the living room with three Cokes in my hands and brownies in my hands.

I spent the whole afternoon with Rafael and Kenny. He decided to pick Sorry! as his game of choice. You can't really play that game with a game plan. You just had to hope you got all the good cards.

It was funny watching Rafael play it though. He was helplessly confused with it. He couldn't understand the fact that his pieces had to move across the board once before he could try to get his pieces into 'Home'. He also couldn't understand that if he was on 'Start' and he flipped to get a 'Move Back 4 Spaces' card, he couldn't go to 'Home' the next time he drew a card. Hold on, this game is confusing!

It was close to ten o'clock and time for Kenny to go to sleep. He jumped into his bed and crawled under the covers. I tucked him in and ruffled his hair.

"Izzy if you want to ask me something, ask already!" Kenny laughed. How did he know?

"Okay since you say I can. Ken, do you like Rafael?"

He scratched his chin as though he had stubble growing there before saying 'Ah!' "Yeah. He's almost as cool as Matt."

Only almost? I sighed, kissing my little brother's forehead. He told me a good night before I left the room. Silently, I retreated to mine and lay under the covers.

I hadn't realized this until now, but I always make my male friends hang out with my brother. If they like my brother, they're good. However, the real trouble was Kenny liking my friends in return. He's hard to please when it comes to people he thinks are "cool enough" to hang out with me. It's adorable my eight year old brother is already so protective of me. He might just grow up one day to be just like Matt. That isn't supposed to scare me, but it does.
♠ ♠ ♠
*The reason why I titled chapter 10 Tackle Vs. Kick is going to be explained in the next chapter

By the way, are you interested in reading a Synyster Gates romance? Please do it for me? =] It's a new story from a new author. It's only on its first chapter but it's a good beginning! Please check it out.
Worlds Apart