Status: This story is under revisions (grammatically).

Living on Perfectly Remembered Memories

Like The Animals They Are

Rafael asked me to go to his soccer practice, and I agreed. Matt wouldn't know and he has football practice so there's no harm. I asked my friends to come along too but only Zacky and Jessica could. Once we reached the soccer field, Rafael smiled at me. I smiled back waving.

"Fran! I didn't know you'd be here. That's a nice surprise." I turned around, seeing Matt in his football armor, minus the helmet. I groaned in my mind. How could I forget that football and soccer share the same field?

I gave him a weak smile, dodged my way out of a hug, and ran up the bleachers with Zacky and Jessica hot on my tail.

Jessica squealed in delight at the soccer players practicing. If it wasn't obvious enough, soccer is her favorite sport.

"Franchesa, you know it's time you choose someone," Zacky said nonchalantly as I pulled out my camera and Jessica made herself comfortable on the steel benches.

"What are you talking about?" I muttered, looking straight ahead to the field.

"I know you like both Matt and Rafael. It's time to pick one."

I scoffed, ignoring his comment. He's only a freshman, how would he know what's happening between the sophomores? It doesn't matter that he hangs out with us a lot, I never admitted if I like both of those athletes in the field below us.

It turned out that when you ignore Zacky, he doesn't stop talking. He keeps going on and on. Sucks for him that I'm a beast at ignoring people.

I was going mad, snapping pictures at the football players and then the soccer players. I popped numerous skittles into my mouth; the ones I stole from Zacky. One of the soccer players was setting up for a very nice angled kick into the goal, but a loud whistle stopped everyone's moves.

I grumbled angrily, asking Zacky and Jessica what happened.

"You are so wrapped up with your picture-taking," laughed Jessica. She earned a cold hard stare from me before moving her eyes back to the field. "Matt and Rafael have been going at it for the past 45 minutes. They keep attacking each other by hitting each other with a soccer ball or a football. I think their coaches have had enough, apologizing to each other for their crazy players."

"And, have you noticed how cocky Matt has been? He's tackling people he isn't supposed to tackle left and right and every time he scores a touchdown, he'll do a black flip," Zacky chimed in.

I shook my head. "So?"

"I think he's acting like that because someone is here."

"Yeah, whatever," I huffed.

The sun was on its slow descent of falling into the horizon. That meant practice would be over soon and I'll be home free! Watching Rafael and Matt play their desired sports was fun, but Zacky’s constant whispers into my ear about my crazy feelings for the both of them killed my mood.

Some time through lazily watching the teams play their last round, I fell asleep on Jessica's shoulder. She might have protested but I didn't hear her.

All I heard when I woke up was a loud "Whoa!" and I was flat against the floor of the bleachers. Zacky and Jessica's feet were a few feet away from me. What just happened?

I sat up, holding my head. A soccer ball conveniently sat next to my left. I held it in my arms and stood up high. "WHO DID THAT?!" I spat at everyone.

They all stopped and stared at me. Well if they were just going to look at me the whole day...

Rafael ran to the bleachers, a nervous smile on his face. "Sorry," he apologized.

I rolled my eyes, shook my head, and sighed all in one action. "Yeah, yeah," I mumbled walking down the seats so I could hand him the ball. He held his hand out for the ball. I smiled, pushing him back so he landed on his butt. The soccer ball I threw as far as I could to the coach.

"What was that for?" he asked, pouting.

"Waking me up from my slumber," I huffed. The whistle blew from both sides of the field, indicating practice was over for the day. By this time, Jessica and Zacky were by my side and Matt ran to stand next to Rafael.

Matt tore his helmet off his head and crinkled his eyebrows. "Are you okay Fran?" I nodded, giving him a smile.

Rafael acted as though Matt didn't talk to me. "I am terribly sorry I woke you up from sleeping. To make it up to you, may I take you out for dinner?"

Matt's hand touched Rafael's shoulder. I had a vague idea that he was trying to hurt him. "Uh, no. Fran and I walk home after my practices."

"Matt, I need your help with my guitar. I can't tune the strings the right way," interjected Zacky. He's such a little liar! I've seen him fix his guitar strings countless times; he wouldn't ever need Matt's help. His eyes met mine for a second and he winked at me. I smiled back sheepishly.

Matt threw his helmet on the ground. "Fine."

"Well let us go Franchesa," Rafael offered, placing his hand out for me.

"With pleasure!" I squealed, throwing my tote bag over my shoulder and grabbing his hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
*If you remember from a previous chapter, one of the chapter titles was "Tackle Vs. Kick". This chapter explains exactly why! =D Matt is a football player and Rafael is a soccer player. Everything is good and dandy?