Status: This story is under revisions (grammatically).

Living on Perfectly Remembered Memories

Get It Into Your Too Small Brain

Franchesa

Amelia and I moved some pictures around, trying to find the perfect arrangement. Mr. Patten assigned the whole class into pairs to complete a spring portfolio. So far, Amelia and I were able to take pictures of a rainbow after it rained, the vibrant color of trees, and children playing among themselves at the park. We took awesome pictures. We were just having trouble figuring out how to align them correctly.

I almost, almost had it all figured out but Mr. Patten so rudely called my name. I groaned loudly, kicking the chair. He knew I didn't like to be bothered when I'm working on anything in his class. He gave me a sympathetic look before writing a pass and giving it to me. I waved the pass around, hoping he would tell me why he gave it to me. He shook his head and pointed to the door.

I raised an eyebrow at him before walking to...the main office, the note said. Once I reached the doors, I found my parents and Matt's with a few teachers standing with them. The door behind me slammed, signaling they should glue their eyes to me. I smiled nervously.

Why are both of our mothers crying their eyes out? Why are both of our fathers sighing with defeated expressions? "What's wrong?" I asked, uncertain if I wanted to know the answer.

Mom and Mrs. Sanders approached me with blood shot eyes.

Mom began. "Matt's in the hospital."

"Stabbed in chest. Beer bottle," Mrs. Sanders continued incoherently.

I gasped, wailing the next second. He isn't dead. My best friend isn't dead. He isn't!

After the teachers had to calm me down, Matt's parents drove us all to the hospital. In the car, we were all quiet. The only noises throughout the car were mine, mom's, and Mrs. Sanders' cries.

Dad and Mr. Sanders didn't make a sound. They were trying to be strong for us. It was a sweet act, but they could cry. It wouldn't change things. No matter what they did, they can't change the fact that someone stabbed Matt.

The moment the car stopped, I pushed the door open and ran into the sterilized place. The nurse asked my reason for barging in. I tried to tell her Matt's last name before failing. She made me write his name down.

I rushed down the hallway, searching for 15b. It took that stupid lady 15 minutes to find his room. Yeah right. She just didn't want me bothering her. I touched the doorknob and pushed the door the same time a doctor did. He gasped in surprise. "Are you Franchesa?" he asked tiredly.

"I am," I answered.

"Good. He's been asking for you since he woke up. Go on inside."

Gladly.

The doctor left the room, leaving me alone with Matt. An IV strip and a heart monitor attached to his arm and finger. I don't think he noticed I was there since he was talking to himself. I knocked on the wall, catching his attention.

He opened his eyes to greet me. Matt smiled but then frowned and turned away. What is his deal? I want to know if he's all right and he wants to keep this act up? I'm sorry that I'm not his best friend anymore but I can still care whether he likes it or not.

I felt a chair by my leg. I grabbed it and dragged it next to Matt's bed. I dropped down to it, waiting for Matt to lose interest to the white wall in the room. Finally, he did. His hazel-green eyes met mine. I missed them. But those stupid eyes crushed me. Tears of hate swiveled in my eyes.

"What did you do?!" I demanded, standing up, and kicking the chair back. So much for the use of that.

He tried crossing his arms over his chest before wincing. That's where his scar is then. My anger faltered until I told myself why I had to stay angry with him. "Went to party. Got in a fight."

"God, Matt! Why did you fight?"

"He said I'll grow up to be nothing."

"And you listened?! Are you kidding?"

"Please stop crying and screaming at me."

"Why? You don't care. We aren't best friends anymore. I can do whatever the hell I want without your concern."

I stormed out the room, wiping my heavily falling tears away. My parents met my eyes, thinking my tears were because of Matt's condition. I scoffed, getting out of the hospital.

He thinks that because he ended up in the hospital that things are going to go back to being the same? He thinks that I can forgive just like the other times? Well he needs a wake up call! I can't forgive him when he never wanted to be my friend in the first place. I'm not going to forgive him since our friendship was just "stupidity." I hate him.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's not my fault I find random pictures that relate to the story! Don't judge me!

Image