Status: This story is under revisions (grammatically).

Living on Perfectly Remembered Memories

Rekindled Love

Matt

I didn't have the guts to call and ask her to come over. I forced Amy to do it. After all, she loves Amy. I knew she couldn't be angry with my little sister.

I ran around my room in crazy circles, trying to clean everything. When was the last time I cleaned this place? Almost everything I owned was on the floor, on my bed, or on my desk. I need to get all of this stuff cleaned! I threw everything into my closet, not caring if anything broke. I can replace those things later on.

Amy hopped into my room, wrapping her arms around my legs. "She's coming! You owe me all your candy on Halloween!"

I chuckled. I turned around and knelt down to her eye level. "Thanks kid. I'll give you all my candy next Halloween. Cross my heart."

"Good! Now get ready! She's coming! She's coming!"

I slammed my closet door shut, hoping it wouldn't open with all my junk flying out. So far, so good. But what is that smell? I sniffed around my room, tracing the smell back to me. I just took a shower, why do I smell disgusting?

I lifted the sleeve of my arm to my nose, inhaling the scent. Okay, that's disgusting. My shirt smells like death. I hurriedly tore the shirt from my body, flinging it underneath my bed. I went to my dresser, trying to find a shirt but a knock on the door interrupted me.

I looked to the open door. Franchesa came. She came! I stood on my toes, taking in the fact that she does still care. She didn't listen to what Rafael said. If she did, she wouldn't have come here. Or, she only came because Amy asked her to. If I were the one who asked, would she come?

Even from the distance between us, I noticed her eyes changed to a glossy film. I would be an asshole if I just let her crying go unnoticed. I paraded over to her, giving her a warm embrace. If I could, I would punch myself in the face right now. What was the point of staying away from her for so long if I'm just going to come crawling back? She doesn't need someone like me as a best friend. She needs a best friend who is just a best friend.

I felt her soft touch scurry over my chest scars. It stopped hurting a week after the stitches came off but it felt strange knowing they were there and they wouldn't go away.

"You're so stupid! What if you died?" she screeched, slapping my shoulder blade. I guess she still thought it would hurt my chest.

"I know," I murmured. "I didn't though. Isn't that what matters?"

She sighed. "Yeah."

She touched my scars again, following the pattern with her fingertips. This time, I shuddered. It was the kind that made my whole body tingle and shake. "I'm gonna put on a shirt," I said involuntarily, tearing myself away from her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know you probably aren't in the mood to read because I'm sure as hell not but yeah, I have a few chapters already typed so I'll post those and after that, I think I'm going to be on a mini hiatus. I just have to take in the fact that he's gone you know? And it's going to be difficult to write this story since he is included in it at some points, even if they are minimal. I think it's going to be difficult either way when I read a Jimmy story or when I mention him in one of my stories. He really didn't deserve to go so early, leaving his best friends behind, and his wife. I'll leave you with these last words, the people who don't deserve to go are always the first.

Rest in peace Mr. James Owen Sullivan, one of the greatest drummers to ever live.