Status: This story is under revisions (grammatically).

Living on Perfectly Remembered Memories

Paranoid Aren't You?

Matt

A few more days of staying at home, mom allowed me to go back to school. I practically begged her while I sat on my knees and pulled at her shirt. She was so shocked that I wanted to go back to school that she told me to go if that'd stop me from bugging her.

Usually, I walk with Franchesa to school, but I decided not to today. I figured that she needed time to think things over and she still possibly hates me. I walked into school and there she was, leaning against my locker. I trekked over there, confused why she wasn't at hers or talking to Jessica. Those two are so buddy-buddy it's cute.

"Hey?" I asked and said at the same time if that's possible.

"Hi Matty," she said lowly.

I nodded, beginning to walk to the other side of the building. That alone would take me five minutes and I didn't want to be late to class my first day back after a month or so. She followed me, staying quiet.

I didn't know what to say. 'Thank you for acknowledging me even though you said we aren't friends anymore.' That doesn't even sound right in my mind. Maybe I should pretend that nothing bad ever happened.

My thoughts alone couldn't stop me from glancing around at everyone. No one looked at me weird or funny. The people I knew just smiled at me when they saw me.

I tugged on Franchesa's shirt. She looked up to me with her green eyes. "Fran, why aren't people asking?"

I halted my steps. She copied me and tapped at her chin. Oh my god they all know! I mean, I know the teachers know because my mom reenacted the scene at school in front of me when I woke up from the surgery. That led to the principal knowing. Since he knew, he called all the students to an emergency assembly, announcing that I was in the hospital for fighting a drunk at a party.

That means that everyone in school knows but pretend they don't. They're talking about me behind my back, most likely whispering I'm a dumb ass for drinking. Oh my god, coach probably knows! He's going to kick me off the team! NO!

"I didn't tell anyone," she finally said.

It took her two minutes to tell me that no one knew?! I almost had a melt down and she took her dear sweet time to tell me that my secret is safe?! Gosh what the hell!

Visibly, my almost break down showed and then I simmered down. "Thank you," I sighed.

I closed my eyes, relaxing some at the fact that no one else knew. Only some friends on the football team and Franchesa knew I fight a lot. I didn't need anyone else to know. Keeping this down to a minimum is important. A sharp pain started at the back of my right hand and traveled up my arm. She pinched me! She pinched me hard! That actually hurt!

"Now that I have your attention you doofus, duh, why did you think I would tell people?"

"Uh, I don't know."

"That kinda hurts you know. I'm your best friend."

Best friend? Best friend?! She didn't even claim me as her friend, but her best friend! That's freaking fantastic!

"I'm sorry. I'm just paranoid. I don't want people to know," I answered in a hurry, too caught up on her giving me back my title.

"I understand."

"I love you."

Her eyes widened. What did I say? Holy crap. Holy shit! Why did I let that slip? I should've never said that.

"I love you," she said back with meaning and hugged me. I hugged her back, instinct told me to. I was quiet on the outside, but on the inside, I was screaming. I need to talk to someone about this.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a new year. Yay. Here's to hoping it'll be a good year. *raises invisible glass* And thank you for making this story 10 stars! 10! TEN! Diez! Shi! (that's Mandarin) Yeah...I'm happy for that.