Status: This story is under revisions (grammatically).

Living on Perfectly Remembered Memories

Make The Group Complete

Matt

We were all at Lunch eating food and talking when Mr. Gaitano walked into the cafeteria with a bullhorn in his hands. I smacked Franchesa's shoulder. She glared at me, rubbing the spot I just hit. Shoot, I forgot she isn't a boy and that would hurt.

Everyone was silent once we noticed. Gai pressed the bullhorn close to his face, and started talking into it. "Are all the sophomores here?"

We all said 'yes.'

"Okay, good. Now that you are upperclassmen, the sophomore advisors, including myself, have decided that we should have a school dance. It's a semiformal and all sophomores are welcome to come with a fee of $15.00.

"You are allowed to bring a date and they can be any one in our school or from another high school. They just need to bring their ID the day of the dance. Any person that is going to the semiformal and is not, I repeat, is not a sophomore in our school or even a student in our school must pay a fee of $25.00.

"In addition, a sophomore from our school must invite the person they choose to bring with him or her to the semiformal. You cannot attend the dance just because you are from this school. A sophomore must invite you.

"Finally, the dance is scheduled to be here in the cafeteria. The date of the dance has yet to be announced. Be sure to check your sophomore bulletin board for additional details. Have a good day."

Gai walked out of the cafeteria, probably back to his free period right before an outburst came from the entire room. Many girls squealed and many guys laughed at the thought of having a dance.

Franchesa looked un-amused. "You're not excited?" I almost screamed into her ear. Everyone was being too loud.

She shrugged. "It's not that exciting for me! I don't exactly dance!" she screamed over the people.

I couldn't take it anymore. I grabbed her arm and dragged her with me outside. I expected her to slap me already but she didn't. She followed obediently behind. We walked to my locker and sat on the floor.

I yawned, leaning over to my left to stretch without touching her. "You should go Fran."

"Why? I have to waste money on a dress and shoes and get my hair done and all of that. No thank you," she grumbled.

I laughed, poking at her stomach. She squirmed, scooting away from me. Her weakness is that she's extremely ticklish. I always use it against her.

"Matt if you keep doing that I'm going to rip out your lip ring!" she growled.

I gasped, biting the side of my lip with the piercing. "That's mean!"

A devilish smile grew on her face. "Your point?"

"Ugh fine. Seriously though, why don't you go?"

"I don't want to."

"I'm going."

"Really now? You don't dance Matthew."

I groaned at hearing my government name. As nice as the name is, I like people calling me Matt. In a very special case, only Franchesa can call me Matty.

The only reason I wanted to go was to see all the chicks in their dresses. I know some might dress like a whore and that would make it a fun night for me. I can't use that excuse with Fran though. She would smack me on the head and that wouldn't make her go anyways.

Idea! "You should go cause all of us are and it's no fun if the group isn't complete. I already know that Jessica, Josh, Jimmy, and Leana are going. Zacky might be able to go too if he can get a sophomore in time. Come on, please?"

I nudged her shoulder a few times with my fist and smiled my future moneymaker.

Fran looked at me and rolled her eyes. "I'll think about it."

"Awesome!" I stood up, wiping away the dirt off my jeans. "You're going!"

Fran pushed herself up off the floor and leaned against one of the lockers. "I didn't say I'm going. I said I'll think about it."

"Same thing!" I sang, just as the bell rang.
♠ ♠ ♠
For some odd reason, I really like writing in Matt's point of view.