Status: This story is under revisions (grammatically).

Living on Perfectly Remembered Memories

The Same Old Silent Treatment

Rafael walked me home after school that day. Matt didn't. He walked his girlfriend home. I had a feeling he wouldn't talk to me but it still hurt nonetheless.

My boyfriend, boyfriend; that sounds weird to me. I haven't dated anyone since freshman year and all of a sudden as soon as I'm a junior, POP! Only one day of school passed and I'm already someone's girlfriend.

So many things changed in just one day. I almost regretted it when we reached my house. I faced Rafael, biting my lip. Why was I shy around him now? I was never shy to him.

I raised some courage in myself and looked back into his eyes. He looked like he wanted to kiss me, and if he did, I don't know if I would smack him or let him kiss me. My emotions were all over the place today.

Instead, he kissed my forehead. "May I call you tonight?"

"You don't have to ask permission to call me," I giggled.

"Ah, well, I feel I must," he replied, smiling sheepishly and rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well then you may."

"That sounds perfect to me."

I walked inside the house and went straight up to my room, forgetting to close the door. That was a bad mistake. Kenny walked into the room, hugging me.

"Izzy, you're crying. Did someone take your crayons?" he frowned, wiping my tears away.

I couldn't help but to smile. He was just too cute. "No, but I feel sad," I sighed. "I'll be okay."

"I don't want you sad though! Sad Izzy isn't fun!"

"Hey Kenneth." We both turned around, surprised to see Jimmy, Angel, Jessica, and Leana in front of my door. "How about Leana makes you chocolate milk? If you drink it all, we promise Izzy is going to be happy," Angel offered, hip-bumping Leana.

"Okay, but if she isn't happy when I finish my coco milk, I'm going to have to escort you out of our house."

"We promise cadet!" Jimmy saluted, watching Kenny walk out hand-in-hand with Leana.

I changed my position, my back leaning against the side of my bed. Jimmy took a seat next to me while Jessica and Angel sat across from me. When Leana came back, she sat on the other side of me.

"So tell us what happened," Jessica urged. I sighed, re-telling them the course of events today and admitting my feelings for Matt. It was a lot to say and I was crying in-between my story, but they still listened patiently like the awesome friends they are.

Angel raised her hand after I finished. I laughed, saying her name.

"Well, not to be mean or anything," she began, playing with a loose thread at the end of her shirt, "but it sounds like you only said yes to Rafael to make Matt jealous, even though I know you like him! It's just...I don't know."

I nodded my head, she was right. "You're right actually. That's why I said yes at first, but then the rest of the day went by and...I just felt so adored by him it was insane. He really likes me. I can't deny my feelings for him.

"I just miss Matt. He was so angry at Lunch today. He wasn't even finished talking and I walked away from him. Do you think that's why he didn't walk me home today?"

Jimmy shrugged his shoulders. "It could be."

"I think you should talk to him about it," Jessica sighed, running her fingers through her hair.

"But talk about what exactly?" I asked.

"I don't know woman! I can't think of everything for you!"

I went with Jessica's idea and made a plan to talk to Matt the next day at Lunch.

"Matt?" I asked, staring at him.

Lisa tapped on his arm to tell him I called him. He looked to the end of the table, meeting Josh. Josh pointed in my direction. Matt looked again, only he met Zacky who was right next to me. Zacky pointed his head in my direction. Matt shook his head and began kissing Lisa.

My lip quivered, I was on the verge of tears. What is this, the second time he's ignoring me on purpose? Why is our friendship so broken? It used to be so much easier and more fun when I didn't develop any feelings for him.

"Do you miss him?" Rafael whispered, tucking my hair behind my left ear.

"Yeah, and it's only been a day," I replied, lacing our hands together.

"Franchesa," he cooed, rubbing my back, "he needs some time to collect himself. After that, I am sure he will be your Matt again."

"I hope so, I miss my best friend."