Status: This story is under revisions (grammatically).

Living on Perfectly Remembered Memories

Moment To Shine

"Come on! Just one picture!" I whined, putting the camera to my right eye so I could take the picture.

Rafael rolled onto his stomach, effectively making me tumble on my too small bed.

"Why?" he grumbled, his voice muffled from my pillow.

"Because I want a picture of you in my portfolio."

He rolled over to his back, covering his face with his hands. "You have two parents, and a younger sibling."

"Don't be silly," I scolded, trying to pry his hands away. "I want you in my portfolio."

"I am very flattered but I really am not photogenic Franchesa."

"Oh well that sucks! Now just one simple picture! Please?"

"No!"

I rolled my eyes, my right leg swinging over his body. I sat comfortably on his stomach, my camera over my right eye once again.

"Rafael, your mother is on the phone," mom stated, walking past my bedroom. Rafael froze completely while I was still attempting to take the picture. Mom walked back into the room, her eyebrow raised. "And keep it PG-13!" she demanded.

After she left, Rafael sat up, chest to chest with me.

"I should talk to my mama," he said quietly, obviously uncomfortable with our current situation. His tanned face was very red and flushed. I climbed off his body and plopped onto my bed. I almost had the picture until mom so rudely interrupted.

He went over to the dresser and perched the phone against his ear. "Hello? Yes, mama-"

The rest of what he said was indecipherable. Times like these were when I wish I knew more Spanish besides 'Hola' and 'No habla Espanol.' He was angry, apparently. He was speaking too fast in Spanish, like when you're so angry you just spill out your feelings to anyone, even if they can't understand a word you're saying.

He slammed the phone down on my dresser, slapping his hand to his forehead. I jumped out of my bed and walked up to him.

"Is everything okay?" I questioned, poking his arm.

He made a mock wincing face before opening his eyes. "My mama wants me to go home, even though she knows that I am to take you out to dinner later on tonight!"

"Oh," I replied, feeling rejected and it wasn't even his fault. My eyes fell to the floor.

"Franchesa," he said softly, raising my face up to his, "do not feel bad. I wish I could say no to her but my uncle is here. I have to talk to him; he wants to know how my tennis is coming along. He is the main reason why I had to travel back to Spain this past summer."

"You don't have to go back do you?!" I shouted, tearing away from his hold on my chin.

He pulled his hand back as though I just burned him.

"No! I am not going back to Spain. I am staying here, here. It is just...my uncle wants to talk to me about my tennis career..."

"I'll come along!"

"You do not want to go. He is a very hard person to please."

"That sucks! I'm going!"

It took some persuasion and pouts, but I was finally inside Rafael's house. He persisted on making me turn back and head home even when we were at his house. When would he see that I'm too stubborn?

"Ah so you're a photographer?" Toni asked me. Toni is Rafael's uncle. Rafael is very uncomfortable sitting next to me. Toni is awesome!

"Yes," I answered, a polite smile on my face.

"Isn't that perfect? Rafael is a tennis player and you're a photographer. You can take pictures of him playing and make him rich and famous."

"That is not why I asked her to be my girlfriend," he sighed, irritated.

I wasn't so sure why, his uncle Toni isn't that bad. Sure, he might have money on the mind, but he has a personality.

"Oh now?" he inquired, raising his eyebrow.

"Yes. I really like her. We are not dating because she can benefit me later in the future."

"You know Rafa, you need to loosen up. Learn to take a joke, have some fun, stop talking like that. Talk like an American. Speaking in whatever tone you're speaking won't get you anywhere."

"Excuse me, I happen to like how Rafael talks. I don't think he should change a thing about himself. If he does, well he isn't Rafael anymore is he?"

"You might be right. Either way, he does need to grow a sense of humor."

"Oh sure, I am not in the room at all. I am just an invisible ghost."

"Aw, I'm sorry," I pouted, pinching his cheek.

"Honestly, you need some humor in your life! Franchesa can't hold all the fun for the two of you!" Toni laughed, slapping his knee. He was so American, it wasn't even funny. I could picture him sitting back and enjoying a beer with dad.

"Yes well it's getting late and I have to take Franchesa home. So much for a first date." The last part was supposed to be a murmur under his breath but he's horrible at that. Toni and I both heard what Rafael said.

I frowned, remembering he wanted our first date to be special. Toni gave me a sympathetic look, saying sorry with his eyes. I closed my eyes, forgiving the man. He didn't know that Rafael and I were going out tonight and he sure didn't know we were dating anyways, I can't be angry with him.

"Why didn't you tell me you were going to take her out tonight?" asked Toni in shock.

Rafael scoffed and shook his head, moving his shoulder length hair back and forth. "I told mama! She said that I had to cancel my plans, even if I was going to shake hands with the president of the United States."

"Whoa," gasped Toni, "that's some serious stuff. I don't know why she made it seem as though it's that important. I didn't have much to tell you. I was just going to tell you you're going to have a small part in the US Open in the summer, that's it..."

"Wait, the US Open?! Do you know how huge that is?!"

"Not really," Toni shrugged, a smile playing on his face.

"Why did you not tell me earlier?!"

"It's fun to mess with you."

"But!"

"No! Go take your girlfriend home. We'll talk business when you come back," Toni said firmly, waving his hand to dismiss us.

The walk back to my house was definitely friendlier and happier. I was usually the one dragging Rafael while I skipped or whichever due to my lasting good moods. Today, the tables turned.

Can you imagine a huge and muscular guy pulling a small girl behind him? It's actually a funny sight. I was almost flying off the ground by how fast Rafael was dragging me. He wasn't hurting me, no; he was just running extra hard.

We almost missed my house from the speed he was running. We made it back though and before I was able to tell him a good night, he kissed me right on the lips. I was surprised, yeah! We stood there for a few minutes engaging the kiss before he had to leave.

I walked into the house, slowly guiding my feather like body to my room. I had my first kiss with Rafael and it was the best I've ever had! I have to three-way with the girls!
♠ ♠ ♠
Personally, from how the story will continue from this point, I love it more than the previous events that occured.