Status: This story is under revisions (grammatically).

Living on Perfectly Remembered Memories

A Temper Worse Than Matt's

I walked home that day with Rafael. I was hoping Matt would walk me home instead, but then I remembered his girlfriend. She was probably drilling him on what happened today with me sixth period.

I giggled maliciously. He was never going to tell her what was wrong with him today. That makes me feel special. If she thinks she's replacing me as his best friend, she is dead wrong. I'm the number one best friend and she's going to have to accept that. I'm irreplaceable.

Rafael gave me a peck on the lips before leaving me. I walked into the house, hearing mom and dad talk from somewhere in the house. I could hear Kenny distantly make airplane noises up in his room. He was probably playing Aviator today.

"Franchesa Isabella Heras!" dad's voice boomed. I cringed, dropping my tote bag to the ground.

I walked into the living room, seeing both of my parents giving me a stern look. A lonely chair sat in front of them. I walked over to it, sitting down.

Why is dad here? He's supposed to be at the hardware store. He owns one with Matt's dad. What's going to happen when Mr. Sanders and Mrs. Sanders divorce? What's going to happen to the store? Dad isn't going to be able to look after it on his own. Are they going to have to close it down? What's going to happen now?

They eyed me down, for what reason, I wasn't sure. I'm stubborn though, and if they want to have a staring contest with me, I wasn't one to back down.

Mom sighed, knowing I wasn't going to speak first. "What did you do last night? You weren't home till past curfew," she grilled, already accusing me.

It's great to know that my parents trust me so much. "I was with Matt," I said simply. They're going to assume even more, just watch.

Dad swallowed. "Did you two have sex?"

"NO!" I roared, jumping out of my seat. Of all the disgusting things he could think I could do with Matt-

"-What did you do last night then?" mom eyed suspiciously.

I sat back in my seat, clawing at my kneecaps. "Matt wanted to talk so we met at the skate park," I growled.

"Talk about what?"

Must you be so nosy? Maybe something bad happened to me and it's personal! "His parents are separating," I whispered.

"What?! You're not lying?" dad screamed, pushing the sleeve of his shirt to his elbows. Why the hell would he wear a long sleeved shirt on a warm day like today?

I shook my head and licked my lips. "No. Matt was crying last night and then in school, I was."

"Sweetie," mom sighed. She put her hands outward so I could walk into her waiting arms.

I gave her a look of bitterness. "Don't touch me. It's really nice to know that my own parents trust me so fucking much." She gasped loudly. "Yeah, I just cursed. Gasp all you want, I don't care."

Picking up my bag from the floor, I walked out the house, fuming. Not once have I ever lied to them. I gave them every reason to trust me. Hell, I even gained their trust! I let them meet all my friends and my friends' parents too.

When have they questioned why I was with Matt? We're best friends for goodness sakes! I don't even think of him in that way! Okay, so maybe I drool over his body sometimes, but he shows it off! It isn't my fault he isn't scrawny or pasty.

"Franchesa, is that you?"

I raised my head at the sound of my name. I looked around my surroundings, finding no one there. I shrugged; I was probably hearing things.

"Ignoring me doesn't make me give up sweetheart."

Brian. I looked around again, finding him leaning against a car. I rolled my eyes, waiting for him to walk towards me. He did so after smirking and bending down to kiss my cheek.

"What's up?" he asked, taking the walk with me.

"Not much. I'm pissed at my parents," I replied.

"Ah, me too."

"How come?"

"They found out I have a tattoo."

"You have a tattoo?"

"Yeah, look."

He shoved his hand in front of my face. I looked back at him, an eyebrow raised. He pushed his hand back to my face, insisting I look. I looked back at it, seeing a very small number "1" on his thumb. He pulled his hand back, smirking.

"Are you serious? You got a tattoo and you decided on a crappy one like that?" I asked in disbelief.

"Shut up! It's not a bad one!" he whined.

"Sure it isn't," I snickered.

"You're mean."

"Thanks!"

"I want ice cream now."

"That's good for you."

"You're coming with me."

"I am not!"

"Too bad." Before I could turn the other way, Brian picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. I sighed, closing my tote bag so my things wouldn't fall out.

"Is this necessary?" I asked over his shoulder.

"Absolutely," he laughed. "I like the view here anyways."

I narrowed my eyes, slapping the back of his head. He only laughed more. Well, I guess I'm eating ice cream.