Status: This story is under revisions (grammatically).

Living on Perfectly Remembered Memories

Possession Throw

I walked out of the girls' locker room, re-adjusting the purple tank top I borrowed from Amelia. My stupid self forgot to bring my Gym clothes with me this morning when I rushed out the house half asleep. My alarm didn't wake me up so I was 15 minutes late.

This stupid tank top is way too small. Why does she wear an extra small when it comes to tank tops? The size doesn't really matter! I guess I'm lucky I found my sweats in my locker at Lunch or I'd have to wear those Daisy Duke shorts of Amelia's. Even thinking about them made a shiver roll down my spine.

I shook my head while walking towards the supply room. Matt and Rafael jogged next to me, shock on their faces.

"Shut up," I demanded. I felt exposed with this stupid shirt; I didn't need them to make any more comments.

"Anyways," Matt coughed, "next week, I have a football game everyday-"

"Really? I have a game everyday for soccer as well next week," Rafael said, cutting Matt off.

"You should come to my games!" Matt smiled.

"No, I believe that you should attend mine," Rafael countered.

I opened my mouth to give an answer but I couldn't even get a breath out since the two started arguing. I sighed, walking into the supply room, took a basketball, and walked back out. The two of them were glaring at each other.

Matt huffed, "I asked her first!"

"We did at the same time Albert Einstein." Did I sense some American humor in Rafael’s speech?

"She should go to all my games!"

"She is my girlfriend!"

"She's my best friend!"

It was funny how they followed me to the only empty basketball court left even through their heated war. I bounced the ball a few times for good measure and attempted a lay-up. The ball didn't land in the net. I sighed and jogged to retrieve it before it rolled too far away.

"She is my good luck charm."

"I've known her longer."

I tried another lay-up, succeeding this time. I should be okay for the basketball test tomorrow on those. I just needed to get the three-pointers.

The argument went on for a few more minutes with the same statements repeated over and over again. If they both expect to win, being repetitive does not give you that victory.

"She's watching football!"

"No she is not! Soccer!"

"I'll alternate days! Stop arguing!" I screamed, catching the attention of a group of people around us.

"Why didn't we think of that?"

"Because we are dumb?"

"Definitely," I muttered to myself. I bent my knees and rolled the ball off my fingers as I pushed my knees back up. The ball bounced against the hoop and landed into the net. Swish.