Status: This story is under revisions (grammatically).

Living on Perfectly Remembered Memories

It's The BEST Day Ever!

Matt

Coach gave me a congratulatory slap on the back when I walked over to the sidelines. We just beat Lodi, meaning we would face Oceanview in another week for the county championships. I can't wait to tackle some assholes and break some ribs.

Fran waited for me by the bench some of the other people on the team were sitting on. A grin formed on my face as I walked up to her and put my arm lazily around her shoulder. I took my helmet off and left it next to the grass.

"You did good," she complimented.

"Thanks," I sighed and kissed her cheek.

We walked out of the football field where things were quieter and less hectic. I stared back at the field, seeing how happy coach was. If only he knew how happy I was feeling.

I played one of my best games today and I knew I wasn't the only one who noticed. Some friends in the crowd screamed out my name every time I took a member on the other team down. Now, I had nothing against the Lodi team, but I was really rough to them out of my happiness.

This morning before I left for school to Lisa's house, mom and dad sat me down and told me that they wouldn't separate anymore. They talked about it long and hard and lost a night of sleep over it, but they were going to couples therapy to figure out their problems.

I know that there was a chance they wouldn't solve their problems but I just had a gut feeling that everything was going to work out.

That was one thing that kept me going that extra mile for today's game. The other thing that made my performance so much better was the fact Fran actually came to game. She never failed to show up with the other games, but I was worried she wouldn't appear for this one. I don't know, whenever I'm really anticipating for something important to happen, it never happens. I'm not lucky.

I kissed Fran's cheek again as we passed the fence.

"Oh look, isn't that cute?" A kid roughly my height appeared by beside the team's school bus.

The second I recognized who he was, I growled, baring my teeth. Fran's arm around my waist tightened. "Terrance," I seethed.

He rolled his eyes. "Sanders."

"What are you doing here?" Not that I cared why he was here anyways. I only cared to punch him in the face.

Terrance shrugged, kicking one of the bus' tires. "Wanted to see how good you've gotten. Too bad you just got worse."

"Go the fuck away."

"It's a free country. Besides, I wanted to tell you to quit. You're never gonna amount to anything."

A faint ringing developed in my ears as I remembered that night at the party. He told me the exact same thing. We collided into each other's fists, fighting drunkenly. I was drunk but I remembered that one specific scene so perfectly.

The scar on my chest stopped hurting months ago but the thought of that night made it burn again. I growled again, more animalistic than before, and charged towards him.

"No! You'll get hurt AND in trouble!" Franchesa screamed, pulling my arm back.

I sighed, my shoulders drooping. Why did he have to come today?

"Cute how your girlfriend is holding you back," the shitface laughed. How dare he laugh at me? The only reason why he isn't in a wheelchair is cause he was a coward and stabbed me when I wasn't looking.

Her face contorted at his words. The hate in her voice shined through surely as she screamed, "Mother fucker, if he didn't have a game next week, I'd let him tear you to shreds and after you're knocked on the ground, I'll tear your balls off with a monkey wrench!"

Terrance shuddered, turning to walk in the opposite direction.

I stared at Fran in awe. "What?" she grumbled, her grip on my waist slackened.

"Have I ever told you how awesome you are?" I asked sincerely.

"Actually, I don't think you did," she said, looking straight ahead at the traffic.

Wow, that killed the conversation. I swallowed the saliva building up in my mouth and kissed her cheek yet again. She can’t hate me now!
♠ ♠ ♠
So happy Valentines Day OR happy Single Appreciation Day! <--coined by Jurassitol

*Title credit goes to Spongebob Squarepants-Best Day Ever [Yeah, I know. xD]