Status: This story is under revisions (grammatically).

Living on Perfectly Remembered Memories

Charmin Ultra Self Absorbent

We were on our second week of school, seniors, and we were already given a field trip to go on. It was more so of a weekend type of thing. Our advisors told us we were going to go camping on Thursday and return home Sunday afternoon. I haven't gone camping in a long time, so hey, it sounds like fun.

The only thing I didn't like about this trip was the fact Zacky wouldn't be able to go. He's sadly just a junior this year. Well who told him to be younger than us?!

Aside from that fact, the good news is that we all have the same period lunch again. The group was back once again!

"You know maybe it was a bad idea for us to eat outside," Matt said nonchalantly.

"Why do you say that?" Leana asked out of pure curiosity.

"Fran keeps zoning out," he snickered.

I nodded along with him before I realized he made fun of me. I punched his arm—that grew to three times its original size—as hard as I could. He didn't even flinch.

"That's not nice!" I whined.

He grinned crookedly at me, but that smile soon went away the instant it arrived. I pouted, wondering why his smile went away so quickly. Everyone around the table quieted down too.

I snapped my fingers at them all. "Is there something wrong?"

"Why is your promise ring on your ring finger?" questioned Jessica.

I looked down at my hand and blushed. I forgot I put it on the wrong finger. I quickly took the ring off and placed it on my index finger.

"Everyone happy now?" I asked, waving my hand to them.

"Aren't we too young for promise rings and shit like that?" Zacky asked, scratching his arm.

"No, we aren't. They've been together for over a year, it's perfectly normal," Angel explained for me.

"Oh..."

That uncomfortable silence came round again. Why did that happen so much all of a sudden? I hate it. It makes me feel like our friendships are slowly dying. Is it just my friendship with everyone?

"Is something I'm doing wrong?" I asked.

Leana gave an immediate answer. "What are you talking about?"

"I feel like I'm losing all of you guys as friends. Did I do something to make that happen?"

"Sweetie, you're not doing anything wrong. It's just that-"

"Hello everyone. Belleza." Rafael sat down next to me with a cheeseburger and water on his tray. We all smiled tight-lipped at him. He didn't notice. Bless his oblivious soul.

"Self-absorbed much?" I heard Matt mutter. I hit his arm and gave him a look, telling him to be nice. He shrugged, sipping on his Pepsi.

"Are we all ready for the camping trip?" Rafael smiled after taking a bite of his lunch.

Zacky frowned. "Not me," he sighed.

Rafael tilted his head. "And why is that?"

Zacky gave him a weird stare. "I'm a junior dude."

"Really?" Rafael stared blankly at Zacky. "I thought you were a senior as we are."

"No, I'm not. I don't have any classes with you. Didn't you realize that?"

"Well, yes, but I do not have classes with several seniors."

"Yeah, well, I'm a junior."

"Self-absorbed," Matt repeated lowly to me.

I didn't smack him that time. I was stuck on how clueless Rafael could be. We always make fun of Zacky for being a year younger than we are. He always whined about not having classes with any of us besides Lunch. How could Rafael not know Zacky is a junior? It wouldn't kill him to pay more attention.

Josh cleared his throat. "So, camping tomorrow eh?"

"What? Oh, yeah! Bears and twigs and shit!" Jimmy agreed, opting to change the sudden awkwardness.

Camping, yeah, I couldn't wait for that. It's been a few good years since I've been anywhere close to it. Maybe I could get mom and dad to take Kenny and me camping again. I'm sure he'd enjoy that.

Now, camping with a bunch of teenagers, I can't wait for all the mayhem.