Status: This story is under revisions (grammatically).

Living on Perfectly Remembered Memories

Camping Day Three

Matt

I don't think it's right I've only been able to see Franchesa once throughout this whole camping thing. Even when I was with her, she left me to go hang out with her boyfriend. How wrong is that? I was hoping this trip would help us get close like we used to be. That plan ultimately fails.

"Matt, you going swimming with us?" Jimmy asked, hitting my shoulder. He took his shirt off and threw it next to a tree where everyone's clothes were.

I nodded eagerly, reaching for the hem of my shirt to take it off and throw it like Jimmy did, but I noticed something by the end of the lake. Rafael was sitting on a tree branch on a tree while Franchesa was standing firmly on the ground, arms across her chest. People swimming and playing around in the lake were loud but my hearing zoned in on Rafael and Franchesa.

"Belleza come up here! You can see everything!"

"Rafael, no. Can we go do something else?"

"Come on, it is not that bad."

"I don't want to."

"Come on."

I looked back at my friends who were already in the water, splashing around and laughing obnoxiously. I could splash water and laugh obnoxiously too. I looked back at Franchesa. She looked so uncomfortable with Rafael. I can save her or have fun with my best friends.

I choose her.

My fingers slipped their grasp on my shirt as I walked over to them, my basketball shorts making that swishing noise when they rubbed together. I couldn't dive headfirst angry, no that would only make it all worse. I'll have to go in slow and work my way up.

He was still trying to make her climb up the tree with him even after I walked up to them. I almost cursed at him when he made the accusation that she couldn't climb up the tree. No means no. Why doesn't he understand that?

"Hey, what the fuck are you doing?" I tried asking nicely. I failed badly. I don't think it mattered though because there was no chance I would be nice to him after he tried to degrade her.

Rafael looked down. "Getting her to climb up here with me."

"Why? You're such an asshole. Don't you know that would give her bad memories?"

"Matt no-" I put my hand up to silence her. She was not going to try to defend him right now.

Rafael licked his lips. "What are you talking about?" he questioned dumbly.

"Her brother broke his left leg climbing a tree. How could you be so careless?"

"I did not, I..." The guilty look on his face was priceless. I wish Fran brought her camera so I could've taken it!

I smiled smugly and looked over to her, saving her from having to relive her 16th birthday. I didn't expect her to cry though. There weren't any tears but she looked she was on the verge. Sighing, I pulled her away from her asshole boyfriend.

"Come on, sweetie. I'll take care of you," I said gently, kissing the top of her head as I glared at Rafael.

We were off by the other far side of the lake where no one else was. I didn't want anyone to bother her while she was in a vulnerable state. Besides that, I wanted the privacy with her.

She rubbed her eyes and punched my arm. "Why did you do that?" she glared.

"What?" I asked innocently.

"You were so evil to him," she whispered, closing her eyes. She cradled her hands against her chest, turning away from me. I stepped around her so I was facing her face. Maybe it was because of the sun shining on her face, but she looked so serene, so beautiful, and so angelic. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to kiss her right now.

I unlatched her hands from each other and held them in my mine. I could never get over how small her hands seemed to mine. "He deserved it," I said softly so I wouldn't provoke her. "You told him about Ken and he's supposed to remember it."

Her eyes opened, that bright green color staring at me. "People forget sometimes," she mumbled, her breath hitting my nose. I smelled strawberry. I wanted to taste her so badly.

"I don't know why you're defending him. It's his fault, not yours."

"Yeah I know..."

Without hesitation and with shaking hands, I took her face into my hands, staring deeply into her green eyes. I knew she saw the love and want swirling in my eyes. I didn't have to look in a mirror to know that's exactly what my eyes were saying.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and kissed her forehead, then both of her cheeks, letting my hands slide down her shoulder blades, to her soft skinned arms, and finally around her waist. I could've sworn I heard her sigh in happiness when she let me pull her closer to my body so she leant against my chest.

"Matt! Matt? Oh..."

My eyes shot open and heart began to beat so hard it started to hurt. This would start trouble with the boyfriend.

Franchesa turned her head. The both of us met Angel in a dazed stare. She nodded her head. "We were...looking for you," she said before walking away.

My secret would be safe with Angel.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's a secret I want to tell you but I can't! It's so hard not to say it, but I can't say a single thing. =[