Status: This story is under revisions (grammatically).

Living on Perfectly Remembered Memories

All The Noticeable Clues

Matt

"You like her!" Amy poked my butt and laughed.

My expression in front of the full-length mirror was pissed off and irritated. "Oh my god, shut u-"

"Matthew! Don't you dare!" mom screamed at me. She has ears of a freaking hawk.

I sighed, finishing with the buttons on my shirt. After I finished, I let my arms drop to my sides. I groaned in disgust. The shirt was too damn big. I tried a medium but the sleeves were too small for my arms. Damn these huge and godly biceps.

I knew I couldn't do anything to save myself from looking stupid with this huge shirt. The best I could do was pull the shirt down in hopes it would straighten out. It worked, sort of.

Making sure I looked presentable for mom, I walked out my room, and out to the front door. Dad was waiting in the car and mom was across the street talking to Fran's mom.

I walked up to them, taking a deep breath. Both moms stood aside so I could ring the doorbell. Once I did, the door swung open. I expected to see Franchesa but Ken beat her to it. He smiled at me and gave me a high five before running off to the living room.

I laughed, who didn't love that kid? My laughing ceased as soon as she walked down the stairs. I couldn't think, I couldn't say anything, I couldn't move, I was breathless. She looked so different, it scared me. It's not that Franchesa is a tomboy, but she wasn't the type of girl to try to look really good for anything formal either.

Clearing my throat, I threw my right arm behind my back and offered my left hand out to her. Maybe I was acting like that prince in Cinderella. In my defense, Amy made me watch that movie with her. That's the only reason why I know to do this.

She allowed me to walk her to my dad's car and we were on our way to the dance. Dad would look at me through his rear view mirror every time he stopped at a red light and hummed very quietly so only I could hear, the wedding march. I rolled my eyes, wishing he would shut up. Parents don't get that Franchesa and I are only best friends.

Once we reached school, I helped Franchesa out the car and waved a bye to my dad. He winked and drove off before I could say anything to him.

We flashed the teacher standing at the door our tickets and walked along this red carpet thing into the cafeteria. At the very last minute, she grasped my hand and continued walking.

I sighed. I've known that my best friend likes me. I just know her too well. She's been giving me the signs that she always gives to guys that she has a crush on. It's the way she's been acting around me; play punching me and the little things like resting her head on my shoulder and holding onto my arm whenever we walked together in school. Eh, like all her crushes, I'm going to pass and then she's going to act like my best friend again.

Zacky called out my name, catching my attention. Fran and I walked over to the crazy people we declared our friends. I went to go sit down at the table where Jimmy, Josh, and Zacky were. Fran was with the girls.

Attack of Leana and Jessica: they were scarier than all horror movies combined when it came to getting all girly. Right now, they were most likely drowning Franchesa in their screams and compliments.

"Do you like Angel Zack?" Josh asked, slapping Zacky's shoulder.

The three of us smirked at him. He was staring at her. I rolled my eyes to Angel, seeing her talk to Fran. They both looked pretty. I should tell Fran she looks beautiful later on. Mom kept reminding me to, telling me that's all a girl wants to hear. I could lie and tell her she looks beautiful but it would only be the truth.

I sighed, rubbing my forehead. If I asked another girl earlier, I would be able to get some after the dance tonight.

Stupid minded Zacky told me to have fun with Fran tonight. With my Franchesa. He does not understand the whole best friend deal. We aren't best friends just so we can talk for a little and then have alone time later on.

The music started a little bit later, in which case I was dragged into it. I'm really not a dancer and I hate it because I look stupid trying to dance but I was forced on my own free will. Every time I tried to go back to my seat, someone pulled my arm back to the group. I gave up eventually.

Songs passed until the person in charge of the music announced it was time for the slow songs. I coughed, watching every boy and girl pair up and sway back and forth to the music.

I was nervous; I will admit that. I wanted to dance with Franchesa but it would feel so weird. In a weird way, we eventually got to the point of the position we were supposed to be in for dancing. I was surprised the both of us were doing fine. Our toes were un-stepped on!

I noticed a lot of guys looking at me while Franchesa and I were dancing. They looked jealous as hell. I smiled and flipped each one that eyed me the wrong way off.

How Do I Live ended. I was ready to let go and go back to the table. It was a weird coincidence that song was the one that played and that she wanted to dance with it. I say that only because it's a love song, but I need Franchesa for another reason. I need her like a sister. Too much weird today.

My hands slipped from her waist but her arms held on to my neck tighter and her head rested against my chest. Fuck with a capital F.

"Hey Fran?" I whispered, looping a strand of her hair between my fingers. I stopped and put my hand back on her waist once I realized I did it.

"Yes Matty?" she whispered back.

"You look beautiful tonight." There mom, are you happy?

"Oh..." she muttered, turning pink. I smiled; she looks cute when she blushes.

Holy shit. A sudden flashback played around in my mind. I just remembered I almost kissed her on the lips once. Oh my god. Oh my god. That's why she's acting like this! Why did I do that? Wait, I didn't mean to anyways. She moved too quickly and I almost caught her lips when it was supposed to be her cheek. Oh damn, I'm screwed.

"Matt." I felt tug on my shirt. I looked down to see Fran's fists clench themselves around my shirt.

"What?" I hope that she's going to distract me from this.

"Your shirt is too big. Look how much space there still is and I'm pinching most of it!"

I rolled my eyes, thanking the heavens in my mind. "Whatever, that's just your excuse to feel my muscles."

My best friend scoffed. "Yeah that's what it is. I dream about you at night. I dream about your ghostly white skin."

I opened my mouth to say something but I had nothing. She got me good. Instead, I scoffed and pushed her away from me. She almost looked hurt for a second before regaining her composure, walking back to her seat complaining that she was hungry.

I sighed in relief. This crush is going to stop. If I have to, I'll make her hate me.