Status: This story is under revisions (grammatically).

Living on Perfectly Remembered Memories

All I Do Is Wait And Wait

I drove by her house again, hoping she would sense my presence and run out the front door with a smile on her face while screaming, "Matty! Matty!" Having ineffectual hopes isn't a bad thing. It keeps me from being sad.

Maybe it'd be a good thing to explain why I'm driving past her house hoping she'll see me. Here's how it went: after she returned home to sunny California, I spent a day with her (with me acting depressed most of the time). Then, Rafael came back, the engaged pair invited all of us to a dinner and announced their engagement, then her mother and Rafael's mother demanded no one see Franchesa unless they were going to take part in helping her plan her wedding. As you guessed, I'm not a helper. The only man that can see Franchesa is her stupid fiancé. I shudder at that word. I honestly don't think the women are letting Fran's father see her. They're over exaggerating this to the extreme.

I parked nearby, turning the engine off. Maybe I should test my luck. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, went through my address book, and found her name. I quickly sent her a text message, asking if she could come outside for a few minutes.

I got out of my truck, pulled the back lid of the Ford down, and sat on the truck. My phone never told me I received a phone call or message back. I guess I can sit for a little bit and enjoy the warm weather.

My back began to tingle for no reason. I looked around and saw her looking down the street for any cars. When the road was clear of cars, she ran towards my truck and hopped on.

Tying her hair into a messy bun, she sneaked an innocent glance at me and smiled. "Why do you look so surprised?"

I shook my head. "Didn't think you'd come," I mumbled pathetically.

"I pulled a ninja," she sighed, fitting her hands between the space in her thighs and swung her legs in a child-like manner. "You gave no idea how hard I've tried to escape from those women. I told them they could plan my wedding if they wanted but they screamed saying it's my wedding so I have to do it."

"Sounds difficult."

"It is," she huffed, "and annoying. So why did you want me to come out?"

I shrugged. There were many reasons why I wanted her to get out of the house. "I miss you," I said, unable to look at her.

"Matty that's adorable!" she cooed and pinched my cheek. I winced and smiled weakly.

We didn't talk after that. I wanted to keep the conversation going so I could soak up my time with her. I wasn't sure of what to say though.

"When's your wedding happening again?" was the only thing that came to my mind.

"Four months. Thanks for reminding me! Can you do me a huge favor at the reception?"

She stared into my eyes full of hope. I hadn't noticed she was wearing make-up. There wasn't much on her face; there was only eye shadow and eyeliner. Either way, it elevated the color of her eyes and made her eyes look bigger.

I wish I could've stopped looking at her. If I stopped, I could keep my feelings in check. As it is, the more time I spend with her, the more I fall for her. That's also when my senses go into overdrive and I begin to notice every little thing about her.

I tried playing it off by turning my upper half to my left so I was leaning against the side of my truck. "Sure I guess."

"Thank you!" she squeaked and hugged my side. I sighed as my tough guy armor melted away. I faced her and returned the hug.

"What do you need?"

"Be my Master of the Ceremony."

"Whoa, what!"

She smiled, snuggling closer to my chest.

"Come on, please! It's not that bad. You just have to give a speech and then my dad will take over."

"You do know that's more like a maid of honor thing right?"

"Well...yes. But I don't want to call you that since it sounds girly even though you are my maid of honor."

"Why thank you! It's nice to know I've beaten all the other girls for the title."

"Oh shut up you big idiot. But, yeah, can you do it?"

"Yeah."

This gives me four months to think of something. That should be more than enough time.
♠ ♠ ♠
I get my stitches off tomorrow! That will hurt like a m#%$^* f&$#@+!

*Title credit goes to The All-American Rejects-The Wind Blows