Status: This story is under revisions (grammatically).

Living on Perfectly Remembered Memories

Run It Over And Screw It Sideways

Franchesa

I'm surprised the wedding went as well as it did, for now. I didn't want anything bad to happen, but I had a feeling something was going to fuck up the day.

I pushed the thought out of my head as I rested my cheek against Rafael's chest. He sighed and held onto my waist.

Lights flashed all around us as we moved back and forth along the moderately waxed floor. I could tell some guests were itching to dance along us, but they would have to wait. I wanted my moment to shine.

After we danced, my dad shooed everyone to their seats so the speech could begin. This wedding was very unconventional. I didn't see why my mom stressed that I had to plan my wedding when she was the one that planned out everything. Some would call her bossy, but I didn't care. I'm good at making a portfolio, not setting up a wedding.

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

The entire room was deathly quiet. It was so noiseless, I could hear my heartbeat pounding against my eardrums. It felt like I ran two miles in ten minutes. My breathing was constricted and my heart was pounding against my ribcage so roughly, it hurt.

A touch of his memories did not mean revolving all of them around me! It doesn't matter if his story has me as his main character. He said he was going to tell us all what happened after Rafael and I met. That shouldn't imply he should throw his emotions and feelings in there.

I had never known Matt had those thoughts of me. It seems to me that EVERYONE but me saw it. Matt let us all invade into his personal feelings and, well...he loves me. No...I'm wrong, he doesn't. He doesn't love-

"...I've been in love with you ever since high school."

Fuck my life!

Madness went into full swing as soon as everyone else realized what Matt announced. Matt threw the microphone onto the floor, jumped off the stage, and ran towards the door. I stood up and went towards his direction, but Rafael firmly grabbed my arm and shook his head. I couldn't tell what he was feeling because for once, he was concealing his emotions. That scared me.

Still, I sat back down and watched around me as so many people raced around, trying to calm others down. I watched in slow motion at the one table where no one sat. That table was for my best friends. They were Matt's best friends too. Of course, they went after Matt to check on him. They knew, they all knew, and no one told me.

I jumped when I felt a hand touch my shoulder. Ken gave me a sad smile as he sat down at the seat Rafael previously held. I smiled at my kid brother. He grew up from the last time I remember him. He's 17, practically an adult. He had that side-swept choppy hairdo that a majority of skaters seemed to have. His skin was sun-kissed from California. I bet a lot of girls had crushes on him. Wow, I guess Ken isn't a kid anymore.

He let out a breath through his teeth and rubbed both of my cold shoulders. "Everything's going to be okay sis."

Everything was going wrong and while everyone was trying to settle down Matt, Ken was the only one who cared about me. Even my own parents weren't sitting by my side, calming me. No one was on my side here, no one except my brother.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's one more chapter left, but I'll let you in on a little secret. There's a sequel.