What's Not to Adore?

Part Two.

It wasn't as if I had never seen or even heard of her before, it was probably more the shock of it being up close that made me stutter.

"O-oh. Hey."

A small grin brightened her face as she stood up, dusting off her legs. I watched silently as she pulled a large knitted sweater off of a tree branch and slipped it on.

It took me a few moments to realize she was leaving.
So I panicked.

"Wait!" I called after her retreating figure. She was nearing the road now, though the grass still swayed by her ankles.

She turned curiously, never making a sound. Her brow was raised, questioning, prodding me to continue.

But I couldn't.
So, once again, I winged it.
"It's Adele, right?"

I grinned at her, proud of my first coherent sentence, and she returned the favour with a small nod. One that made her hair swish along with the rhythm of her head. It only made me grin some more.

Then, for a while, it was quiet.
But not an uncomfortable quiet. It was the kind of silence that could be only shared by two people, when words aren't needed.

It was only broken by a gasp and a vibration in her left pocket.
Her expression was apologetic as she used her thumb to point behind her.

"Well, that was my mother. I think.. I think I need to go," Her voice was barely above a whisper. She looked at me questioningly, playing with her fingers nervously in front of her.

And I wanted to answer, I really did, but I was too caught up in the slight sound of her voice.

She cleared her throat, tugging my attention towards the shy mess in front of me, "Well, goodbye.." her eye brows knitted together, "I'm sorry, I don't know your name."

Her smile reappeared as I spoke shakily, "It's Christofer, and it's nice to meet you."

"As to you.." she trailed off with a dreamy sparkle in her eye, "Christofer."
She giggled quietly and walked off. Pale hands were dug deep into her pockets.

The light burst out of the clouds just then, hitting her on an angle. She seemed to glow as her figure grew steadily smaller.

Feeling bold, I called quickly after her, hand next to my mouth and on the tips of my toes,
"Goodbye!"

She stopped in her tracks, and turned her head.
"Goodbye," her mouth formed a toothy grin.

And I watched until the bright red waterfall turned into a speck around a corner.
And I plopped dreamily into the tall brush where Adele was sitting only moments ago.
And I laid on the ground, smiling stupidly from that small exchange.
And I was there for a while, until a thought popped into my head, that only made me smile some more.

I'm in trouble, i'm an addict, i'm addicted to this girl.
She's got my heart tied in a knot and my stomach in a whirl
and even worse I can't stop calling her, she's all I want and more, I mean,

Damn, what's not to adore?
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry if it was a bit shaky.

probably won't win, but there's no harm in trying(:
i might edit this later, but hopefully you enjoyed,
crappy version or not.
good luck to everyone else who entered!(: