Status: So, about this story. I haven't been on this site for months, because my Grandfather passed away and he was like a Father to me, I got sick and depressed, and tried to kill myself. I gave up on writing.

They Both Loved Grace

The First Date

It was one of those hot afternoons, at Pine Hallows. The sun shined down upon, me as I begun my journey from School to home. Usually, I would take the bus ride home, however, I thought the exercise of walking, would do me good. I walked out off the large School doors, and out onto the pathway, now beginning to walk home. In the distance, I swore I head my named being yelled, yet I paid no attention an continued walking.

“Joey” Yelled, the voice again, this time it seemed to be closer, then before. I turned around, and from a distance, I saw the beauty of her, Grace.

“Hey, Grace” I said, in a nervous tone, I had always been nervous when it came to Girls.

“Hi, Joey. I saw you walking out of school, and I just wanted to thank you for letting me sit next you earlier today at lunch” She says.

“Oh need to thank me” I reply.

“Well, I’m still thanking you, you made me feel like I fitted in, it’s hard being the new girl at School, I know from past experiences. My family, they travel a lot,” She explains.

I do not how this happened; yet, somehow it did. We, stood silent for a moment, with the only sounds the barking of the dogs in nearby houses, somehow I came out and said, with out even thinking: “Hey, Grace. Would you like to go out for Coffee sometime, maybe I could show you around town?”

My face, turned red, I begun to blush. She, noticed this, and smiled. Before saying: “I would love that, what time and what day?”

“How about this Friday, 6 PM?” I asked.

“It’s a date,” She says, before smiling again and then walking off down the road.
--

I never walked home that day; I skipped home. Skipped in Joy, joy that I was technically, going on a date with Grace. This was my dream come true for me, although I only met her today. However, I felt something, a connection, of sorts towards Grace, well maybe this was just my hormones speaking, nevertheless, Grave and I were going out for Coffee. Only if I had known what the outcome was going to be.

I walked through the front of the house, and into the kitchen, were mother was getting dinner ready. My mother had been through many battles, not only did she survive Cancer, she somehow managed to stay under control when, Dad died. My sister Jessica and I thought she was going to hang herself at times, ever since Dad died in that tragic car accident a few years ago, but she us for her inspiration, we kept her alive, although we never talked about it, “Hi Joey” said mom.

“Hi” I said, in a cheerfully mood.
“What are you so happy about?” She asked, for a moment she smiled.

“Oh, nothing” I said.

“You’re seeing a Girl” She came out with, how did she know, a mother instinct, I guess.

“Well if it is, its none of your business” I said, before smiling. And heading out of the kitchen, and up the staircase, to my room. I slammed the door, closed, before crashing onto my bed, and looking up at the ceiling fan. My mind was rattling, with the events that had transpired, almost an hour ago, just like that, I now had a date with Grace, was I luckiest person alive? If not I was close to, be the luckiest. I thought about, what my Father would have said, at this time. I can still remember the day, Dad died in the car accident, he was a salesman and would travel all over the states, one day on way home, he would suddenly, have an heart attack, causing him to lose, control of the car. The car would then collide with a tree, killing him in an instant. My mother, fell to her knees, when she received the call, my sister burst out into tears, however, I stood silent and still never said a word or expressed a feeling. At the time, I thought it was strange, why did I never shed one tear for my Father’s death? I do not like thinking about this, so I changed my thoughts back onto Grace. However, my mind was still thinking about my Father. I felt wrong, I never showed any sympathy at his funeral, I felt hallow inside with no feelings towards him. Was this normal? Was there a reason, I never knew? Mom had thought it would be for the best, if me; her and my sister would start seeing a Counselor, to help us through the difficult times, back then. At first, I though this was a stupid idea, I never need to see, any Counselor, I was fine. Nevertheless, I did it for mom, I did not want to hurt her feelings, so I went through with it, and I am glad I did. Over the next few months, I started to talk to the counselor, and it helped a lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I have not added anything else to the story, I have been sick and depressed and I'm currently in Hospital.