To Make This Town Feel Okay

Wishing for an Endless Night

“I love you Shay, I’m sorry I ever got you into this mess.” She let a small sob out. “I’ll leave now, I shouldn’t have done that, sorry.” With a wave and a half choked down sob she was out the door, running to who knows where. Shay sat there on the ratty old couch shocked and confused, what just happened? He reached out for Chloe as if she was still sitting next to him. When his hand touched nothing but empty air a jolt of realization ran through him. He had just drove the pick into her cracked heart, splitting it wide open.

Shay dashed out of his house, not caring that he had left his door wide open in the bad side of town, just like he had her heart. He took off after Chloe, he hadn’t meant to do that to her, he was just too shocked to react; that was all. “Chloe, wait, please!” He called into the trees of the park he was sure she had run to. His distraught run slowed to a walk as he surveyed his surrounding in an attempt to find his little princess, his pill to make this shitty town feel okay.

“Chlo! Please come out; I didn’t mean it! Please Chloe?” He yelled into the darkness begging whatever greater forces there were to let her hear him and for her to be okay. He waited for what seemed like hours, before falling to his knees in the rain wet grass. “I’m so sorry Chlo, I’m sorry.” Now he could apologize, he could apologize to someone who wasn’t there to hear him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haven't touched this in a while so I hope it's still good.