Scalpels and Switchblades

Chapter 1

Running up the final flight of stairs she scanned the rooftop for some kind of exit, an escape route, anything.
Her throat burned every time she inhaled and her chest felt tight as she tried to steady her breathing.
Her black hair clung to her face, wet with sweat, tears and blood. Her dark eye make-up was half way down her face, staining her white surgeons mask that hung loosely over her mouth and nose.
She couldn't get caught now, no…

“End of the line Surgeon.” Growled that low gravelly voice she had grown to hate so much.

…getting caught was not an option.

“Piss off bat!” she screamed running to the edge of the building.

“If you jump who’s going to catch you?” he asked.

She looked over the edge of the roof to see a crowd of people congregating at the doors to the building, they knew where she was, and they wanted her. Not that she could blame them, she’d betrayed them. They had once trusted her, and she took advantage of that trust.

“I know they certainly won’t.” he scoffed, arrogance thick in his voice.

She backed further to the edge, the heels of her tattered combat boots hanging over. All it would take now is for her to lose balance.
There was only one person that could possibly save her now, but he was long gone by now.

“You know there’s no use in looking for him!” he spat. She shook her head.

“He’s had everything he needed from you, now he won’t think twice about letting you go, you’re useless to him now.”

“No, No! That’s not true! It can’t be” she whispered the last part, trying to hold back tears.
She couldn't cry, it would only show she was weak.

“Come away from the edge, I can help, help you get back to how it used to be, how you used to be” he shouted, sounding somewhat pleading.

“It can’t go back, things can never go back, it’s too late.” she cried

“Please, let me help you”

It was too late, she knew that. The things she had done, they could never be forgiven.

The bat was right; he wasn't coming back, not for her.

She slowly took a final step back, taking a deep breath she let herself fall.
♠ ♠ ♠
To readers of "A Madness Shared By Two" yeah like I said, not much change.. yet.
To my new readers (hopefully) give it a Chance? Comment? Subscribe?