Scalpels and Switchblades

Chapter 3

Tracey’s POV

“Right this way Miss Roberts.” called the nurse as two guards dragged me to my new home.
If you could call it a home, that is. From the moment you walk through the front gates, you leave the real world behind, there’s no noise, no day-light penetrates the thick concrete walls, and the only lights are dull, a stark contrast to the white wash walls, the only word I could find to describe the feeling in a place like this is sterile, it’s enough to drive anyone crazy As we approached the cell block it became more like a zoo then an asylum, you could see into to every cell as there was only a sound proof piece of glass separating the corridor from the area in which the inmate was allowed to roam.
As we walked passed some of the cells I looked in to see people pacing back and forth, just like wild animals and others who would come right up to the window pressing their faces on them, staring. Hell! I was normal compared to all these people, one guy was licking his window for Christ sakes, I mean who does that?

“Here we are.” said the nurse stopping in front of my new prison. She pulled out a key card and swiped it opening the door.
The guards roughly pushed me in.

“Sheesh watch it! Do you know who I am?” I asked flicking my hair from my face. Their replies were nothing more than grunt.

“I suggest you get some sleep miss Roberts, you’ve had quite a long day.”

“You don’t say.” I mumbled, and with that the nurse and two guards scuttled off down the corridor.

I turned to look at my new home, it was very… plain. A desk, a wall light and a bunk.

“Well this is cozy.” I sighed climbing on to the bunk.

I felt a great relief getting the weight of my feet, boy did they hurt. I’d been running around all day nearly, carrying out a raid on some shops, getting the gear, then finally the carnival. If only J would have thought it all out, maybe I wouldn’t be here now, maybe we’d in some new hideout, laughing at Batsies failed attempt to stop us. But he got me, and what does J do to stop him? Nothing, that’s what!
Maybe the bat brain is right, maybe he doesn’t care, and maybe I was just stupid enough to fall for someone who could never love.
I felt so angry, so frustrated.
I clenched my fist, and screamed, I screamed it all out. It felt as if I could scream my lungs out, and it didn’t matter, no one could hear me.
My screaming soon turned into cussing and sobbing until I couldn’t hold it in anymore. I just cried.
Tears ran down my face, creating little wet patches on my uniform wife beater.
I cried until my cheeks started to sting from the salty tears. My breath started becoming hitched and I hiccuped. I hadn’t cried in so long, J always used to say , never let them see your tears, it makes you look weak, but right now I couldn't care less, I need to let it out.

I soon became tired and I could feel my eyelids growing heavier. I lay down in my bunk and wrapped the blankets over my head.
Tomorrow was a new day, who knows, J may even be planning to break me out now. I’ll just have to sit this one out and be patient, like a good mental...patient.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and all that .