Scalpels and Switchblades

Chapter 7

Joker’s POV

I slammed the newspaper on the desk.

Oh dear, oh dear this is not good. Not good at all. Arkham! She’s in Arkham.
This has to be the bat. There’s no way Gordon and his men could have caught her. No way. I just hope she can hold on to her...insanity, whilst she’s there.

Damn that bat. He’s stolen my Tracey, she’s mine! I made her into what she is today, and they think they can cure her? She doesn’t need curing, oh no, no. How dare that, that flying rodent steal from me, would I ever steal from him?

I felt the corners of my mouth twitch with rage, how dare he!
I picked up the article on Tracey’s arrest and started to rip it. I ripped the pieces smaller and smaller until they fell from my hands like confetti.

Think, damn it. Think. Think. Think... how will I get her out of that god forsaken place. Think. Think. Thi-

“Boss, we know where she is!” exclaimed the clown known as Murray.

“Yes, Arkham.” I stated, rather annoyed at the sudden interruption from my mind.

“Now, don’t bother me again!” I shouted firing the gun at his feet, making him dance to avoid the bullets. Soon getting bored I fired one last bullet at his head. His body made a satisfying thud sound as it dropped to the floor.

“Clean up on isle five.” I called out and stepped over the body.

Now. Think. Think. Think. I need to get her out of there. But, how? Sure I could go in all guns blazing and take her, but that’d be exactly what they want, and quite frankly, I’m not one to play by their predictable game. If I go straight in, they’ll think I wanted her back, that I needed her, which isn’t true. No.

That’s it! I’ll make them think, that she’s worthless to me now, they have nothing, nothing on me.
But what if... what if she takes it the wrong way? And decides to...reveal our secrets.
I need someone in there. To watch her. Yes. That’s it, I need someone to look after my Surgeon whilst she’s out of the game.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, it's short, ever so sorry, but it's an update none-the-less, not really keen myself though, feel the same? tell me I may re-write