Status: Finished. :]

Like We Used To

Thirteen

Nick glared at me as I talked to Justin, making me feel awkward and out of place even though Garrett was right there with me. “I’m gonna go find Savana so we can, uhh…” I trailed off.

“Do girly stuff?” Justin asked.

I nodded frantically, then kissed Garrett’s cheek before I ran out of the room. I ran down the hallway and turned a corner before I managed to trip over my foot and fall. “That looked fun. Were the police after you?” I looked up at Savana, who was smiling from ear to ear.

“I stole an alien baby and they’re coming for me!” Her eyes widened and she grabbed my hand.

“I’ll help you make an escape!” She pulled me into a small room and turned off the lights. “Now we stay in here until the show is over, make an escape to the bus, and we can hide in my bunk!” She nodded proud of her plan.

“Or we could go to the bus right now and play with Daniel and Cornelius,” I suggested.

“Oh! I have an idea!” Savana exclaimed. She grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room, running through the building, down the street, and into a store.

I looked around. “Savana, if we bring anything else on the bus, they’re gonna kill us!” She pointed at one of the cages in the pet store.

“I want that one!” She pointed at the small, tailless Dachshund. She turned and looked back at me. “Please! I don’t care if they kick me off the bus! She reminds me of home!” I small sigh passed my lips and I nodded before she ran to get someone that worked there to get the puppy for her.

I wandered aimlessly around the store, sticking my finger into cages to pet some of the kittens or puppies. Savana came up and stood beside me, cradling the small puppy. “Hi, Miss Merrick.” She smiled. “This is Boo-boo.”

“John’s gonna have a cow,” I grinned.

She nodded. “I think he’ll forgive me.” She kissed Boo-boo. “And if he doesn’t, I’ll just… Well, I’m not quite sure yet, but if I’m on sleeping pills, I might do anything.” She shrugged. “Anything you want?” I shook my head and she handed me a bag.

“Please tell me you didn’t steal a kitten…”

“No! That’s all stuff for my Boo!”

I laughed, “Let me guess, now we hid in the bus?” She nodded and we left the store. I pulled out my phone to look at the time and figured that they would be busy until they got back on the bus later tonight.

We walked back to the bus in silence—she was probably trying to think of an excuse to justify getting a puppy, and I was trying to think of ways to avoid Nick for the rest of tour.

I was almost asleep in my bunk when they finally came back on the bus. “WHOA! What’s that?” I shook my head. Of course John would be the first to notice.

Savana giggled. “That’s my Boo-boo!”

“Where’d she come from?” I pulled my blanket over my head as somebody pulled the curtain open.

“Go away,” I mumbled, trying to tune out Savana and John’s conversation.

“Merrick,” Garrett murmured. I turned on my side and pulled the blanket down so it didn’t cover my eyes.

“What do you want?” I asked playfully.

He smiled. “You.”

I pulled the blanket back over my head and flipped him off. “Tough luck. I’m asleep.”

“If you were asleep, you wouldn’t be talking,” he pointed out. I crawled out of my bunk and stood.

“What did you want?” I mumbled as he picked me up. He carried me to the front lounge and sat with me on his lap.

He kissed my forehead. “Nothing more than to be with you,” he whispered. I blushed and rested my head against him.

I tried to think of something to say, but nothing sounded right. “Garrett, I’m yours. If I didn’t love you, I wouldn’t be with you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm horrible at updating. I'm a horrible person. I love you for waiting so long for an update.
I've started a John Ohhh story (that also really needs to be updated and I'm working on it) called Two Kids, One Love.

Thank you for reading. Please comment.
XOX
Lizz

PS. I think I'm going to go ahead and finish this story in the next couple of chapters. I haven't decided if there will be a sequel or not, but don't count on it.