Status: Finished. :]

Like We Used To

Fourteen

Two Months Later
“What the hell happened last night?” I mumbled to myself as I rubbed my forehead. After tour had ended, Savana went with me to get my stuff in Massachusetts and made me move in with her. Apparently, she came from money and had a HUGE house, five cars, and her own private lake; but I didn’t find that out until she showed me my room that could easily fit two king-sized beds.

I knew that Savana and John had a party and I protested going, so they had it in the backyard. Savana made her specialty drink and probably switched my cup. Fucking great.

I groaned as I opened my eyes. I looked around the dark room; I was in some hotel. The water was running in the bathroom, and I assumed whoever was with me was taking a shower. I was insanely hung over. I pulled the blanket up over my face, but not before the huge diamond on my ring finger caught my attention. I let out a loud scream and frantically tried to remember what happened the night before.

The water turned off and I heard footsteps. “What’s wrong?!” Garrett asked. I let out a sigh of relief—I wasn’t at some random hotel with some stranger.

“What happened last night?” I asked, my voice squeaking. He pulled the blanket down and kissed me.

“Do you really not remember?” I shook my head and he started telling me everything that happened.

The sun was setting and almost everybody was swimming in the lake—except for Garrett and me. I could barely walk in a straight line and I knew that I wouldn’t remember anything later. Garrett’s warm arm was around my waist and I was resting my head in the crook of his neck.

I hadn’t felt this safe and secure since we’d gotten home. Every once in a while, he would kiss my cheek or forehead or tell me that he loved me.

I was still in my yellow plaid bathing suit. I shivered lightly when the wind blew. “Let’s get you changed into something else,” he said softly, picking me up as he stood. He carried me into the house and to my bedroom. He laid me in the middle of my bed and kissed my lips gently before he went to my dresser and got some clothes out for me. “I’ll leave so you can change.”

“No!” I protested, grabbing his hand and pulling him on the bed next to me. He chuckled as I curled into his side. We lay there for what seemed like hours, but what were really only minutes.


“You took advantage of me, didn’t you!?” I said, my voice hysterical. He caressed my cheek.

“Would you let me finish?” he asked, shaking his head.

I sighed. “Fine.”

I studied his expression in silence. “Garrett,” I whispered. He smiled and his facial features changed entirely.

“Yeah?”

“Do you love me?” I asked skeptically.

He chuckled. “You know I do.”

“How much?” I asked, running my fingers through his hair.

“A lot.” He sensed my next question. “More than anyone else. So much more than you’ll ever know.” He kissed me and I blushed.

I tried to think of another question, but the alcohol in my system was making it hard to concentrate. “I should probably wait till morning to ask you this,” he mumbled. I wasn’t sure if he was talking to himself.

“Garrett, will you marry me?”


“You did take advantage of me!” I yelled, getting out of bed. I ran my fingers through my hair as I stomped around the hotel room. “How could you fucking do that to me, Garrett?”

“You asked me!” he retorted.

“But you said yes! You knew I was drunk! You knew and you married me anyway! What the hell is wrong with you?”

He came over to where I was, picked me up bridal style, and kissed me. “I love you. I was going to wait until you were sober. You just beat me to it. We could make it more official and have a huge ceremony with everyone we know if you’d like…” he trailed off.

I considered it as I admired the diamond engagement ring and matching wedding band on my finger. I finally smiled. “As long as I’m with you, I don’t really care.”
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END