Status: Finished. :]

Like We Used To

Two

I wrapped a towel around myself as I stepped out of the shower. My phone buzzed against the counter for the fifteenth time in ten minutes. I rolled my eyes as I picked it up. I scrolled through my missed calls—most of them were from Kylie or Kennedy, along with all the texts I’d gotten… minus the one from Nick.

I still had at least ten minutes before Halvo got here. I dialed the familiar number and held the phone to my ear. I impatiently waited as it rang. “Hello?” I froze. This voice wasn’t the voice I’d been expecting. It wasn’t John’s voice—it was too feminine… too squeaky.

“Um, sorry… I think I have the wrong number. Is John there?” I asked as I tossed my dirty clothes in the hamper. I heard stuff being moved around in the background.

“Well,” the girl sighed. “He’s out cold right now… I can have him call you back.”

I chewed on my lip and let out a small sigh. “No thanks… It wasn’t that important anyway.”

“Okay. Bye!” I hung up and reluctantly left the bathroom to scurry into the bedroom. I found my favorite pair of cargo pants and tossed them on the bed, followed by a green shirt. I quickly pulled the clothes on and fluffed my hair with the towel before brushing my hair.

“That’s as good as its getting,” I muttered. I walked out just as I heard the doorbell ring.

I opened the door to see Nick’s best friend. “Hey,” Halvo said, smiling.

“Hi,” I muttered, closing the door in his face.

“Who was that?” Nick asked. I was still standing behind the door and was now looking through the peephole.

“Halvo.”

“Let him in,” Nick laughed.

I rolled my eyes and opened the door again. Halvo walked in, followed by Andrew and Justin. “Justin!” I squealed, throwing my arms around him.

“She closes the door in my face…” Halvo muttered. “Then hugs Justin. Your girl makes no sense, Nick.”

“I missed you, Justin!”

He laughed. “You just saw me yesterday!” He finally hugged me back.

“It’s been a long twelve hours,” I muttered, letting him go. I turned. “ANDREW!”

“ZANE!” Andrew laughed and hugged me.

“Am I the only one that doesn’t get the same treatment as everybody else?” Halvo asked.

“Yup,” Nick grinned.

“Pretty much,” Justin chuckled.

“NICK!” I squealed as I jumped out of Andrew’s arms. I stood on tiptoe and kissed his lips.

“Why do you hate me?” Eric asked.

I turned and glared at him. “Remember the day we met?” He nodded slowly. “You called me short!” I shouted.

“I’m sorry I called you short,” he offered.

“Really?” I grinned. He nodded. “HALVO!” I squealed, hugging him.

“It was fun while it lasted,” Nick sighed, laughing. I let go of Eric and skipped into the kitchen as my phone started buzzing in my pocket. I looked at the screen then looked at the boys. Surely they wouldn’t notice if I disappeared into another room for a few minutes.

“Kennedy?” I whispered as I watched them from behind the counter.

“I can’t talk long,” he whispered back. This was routine. Garrett wasn’t allowed to know that his friends talked to me behind his back, and mine weren’t allowed to know that I was sneaking phone calls. “But he’s moping again. He really misses you.”

“I have a boyfriend,” I whisper-shouted. I looked up and my eyes went wide when I didn’t see the four boys. “SHIT!”

“Who are you talking to?” Justin asked in a singsong voice.

“BYE!” I hung up and stuck the phone down my shirt, sticking my tongue out at Justin. “Ha!”

“Get her!” Nick shouted.

“Oh shit,” I cursed. I ran into the livingroom and out the front door. I risked a glance over my shoulder to see them chasing me so I ducked behind the neighbor’s fence and rose bushes, earning several cuts.

“Zane, we see you,” Nick laughed. “Come out.”

“Are you going to harass me about the fact that I was talking to… MY FOOT!” I slapped myself before I stood. “We often talk on the phone… It’s not long distance, I swear! I’m too short for it to be long distance…” I looked at my cut up arms and cringed before I came out from behind the bushes. “I need a bandaid…”

“You need like ten,” Justin amended.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is this longer? I think it is...
But please comment because writing this is taking up a lot of my time that I could use to do something else. If that doesn't matter to you, I don't have to write this.

I should mention that I already have like three stars because you guys are so amazing and about 20 people subscribed before the first chapter was even posted. Thank you so much.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go make lunch and take my puppy for a walk. (My puppy has a twitter. @GarrettZane For anybody that wants to stalk him, there's the link. I'm the first person following him or that he's following so if you want to stalk me... There ya go!)

Please comment.
And subscribe! <3

Sincerely,
Lizz