Status: Finished. :]

Like We Used To

Three

My hands were shaking and my heart was pounding. I wasn’t ready to meet new people yet. Nick was the exception. I drew in a deep breath and he casually wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we walked towards the hotel. “Y-you don’t have to do this, you know,” I squeaked out, still nervous.

“I want to,” he said, grinning. “Honestly, if you don’t have anywhere to be, you can stay with us as long as you need to… I mean, we’re on tour right now but after tour you can stick around…” I tightly crossed my arms over my chest to hide the fact that my hands were still shaking. I looked up to see his cheeks fading from red back to his normal pale complexion.

“I’ll feel like I’m just taking up space,” I muttered. “Really, I’ll be fine!”

“And where will you stay?” he asked, knowing he’d won. I frowned and let out a small huff. Once inside the building, we went straight to the elevator and he pressed the button for the sixth floor.

“You seem nervous,” Nick commented as the elevator stopped and two teenage girls stepped in. “What floor?” He looked at the girl that seemed slightly older.

“First.” She seemed uninterested. He pressed the button. The elevator quickly got to the floor that he was staying on and we got out.

“Relax,” Nick said as he led me down the hallway. “They’ll like you, I promise.” He smiled as he reached into his pocket and got out the key. He opened the door and walked in with his arm still around my shoulders.

“Are you sure?” I whispered. He smiled and nodded.

“Guys! Come here!” Nick called as we walked into the main room.

“What is it?” somebody asked. I froze where I was standing.

“Who’s the short chick?”

“Guys, this is Zane,” Nick said as the three boys stood in front of us. “She’s coming on tour with us.”

“Why?” the first one asked.

“She’s having trouble with her living situation right now. She’s coming whether you like it or not, Andrew.”

“I have no problems with it,” Andrew said, shrugging lightly.

“Me either,” the third one said.

“What about you, man?” Andrew asked the boy that called me short. He raised an eyebrow as he stared at me.

“Nick,” I squeaked.

“Huh?” he looked down at me.

“I don’t think he likes me,” I mumbled.

“Halvo is just… Different. Don’t worry about him,” Nick offered. I felt them all staring at me and blushed. He had been carrying my bag. “Justin?”

The third boy, Justin, turned his focus from me to Nick. “Yeah?”

“Can you take Zane’s bag to my room?” he asked, holding out the bag. Justin nodded and grabbed my bag before disappearing. He stepped away from me and told the two remaining boys something. They both nodded then looked at me again before walking away.

“What… was…?” I trailed off, completely confused.

“Just changing sleeping arrangements so you can have your own bed,” he told me.

“But! You can’t! I mean… I don’t want to take anyone’s bed! I’ll sleep on the floor!” I complained.

“Zane, you’re
my guest. You can use my bed. It’s okay,” Nick said softly. I started to shake my head, but I froze when I looked in his eyes again. “Now before you start protesting about anything else, I’m taking you shopping.”

“But!” I interjected.

“Do you have clothes?” he asked, with a knowing look. I shook my head. “Then we’re going to get some for you.” I frowned, knowing he’d won again.


“Are you done packing?” Justin whined. “We’re loading and somehow you the last one finished!” I glared at the closed suitcase as my phone buzzed in my pocket.

“Yeah,” I muttered. “Here’s the last one.”

“Cheer up! You like Boys Like Girls, remember?” he laughed as he took my suitcase out. I walked slowly behind him as I read the text from John. Warn us when you’re getting close to the hotel. I hated sneaking around, but I really missed them…

I climbed into the back next to Nick after shoving my phone into my pocket. “I can’t believe we’re driving there,” I muttered.

“No sex in the backseat!” Justin shouted as he climbed in the driver’s seat and stared at us through the rearview mirror. My cheeks turned pink and I fell over on Nick’s lap.

“Sleeptime,” I mumbled.

“You just woke up,” Nick laughed.

“I only slept three hours,” I whined. “Sleeptime!”

“Merrick Zane Bradley, wake up! You slept through the past three times we stopped!” Nick said as he tried to wake me up. I mumbled something, then shifted in the seat. “Zane!”

“Potty,” I mumbled, still completely out of it.

“Justin, a little help, please,” Nick chuckled. I was vaguely aware of the fact that I was being picked up and carried around.

Justin groaned as the carried me across the parking lot. “Nick,” I mumbled. “Put me down.” Justin dropped my feet and Nick wrapped his arm around me, supporting most of my weight. I unintentionally dragged my feet as he walked me into the gas station.

“Can I trust you to not curl up on the floor in there and sleep?” he asked. I nodded as I finally started to come to my senses. I walked in and the first thing I did was splash my face with cold water. I quickly did my business, washed my hands, and ran back out.

“Nick, I want a cookie,” I said grinning.

He laughed. “That’s more like you!” I grabbed his hand and he intertwined our fingers as we walked through the aisles of the store.

“I want these ones,” I said, picking up the package.

“Anything else?”

“ROCKSTAR!” I squealed, dragging him towards one of the glass doors. He laughed as I picked the biggest one. “I’m happy.” I smiled and pecked his lips. He led me towards the register and paid before we went back outside.

“Nick, your turn to drive,” Andrew told him. Nick nodded and turned to smile at me.

“Shotgun,” I called.

“You can have it. It’s my turn to sleep,” Justin said before climbing in the back.

“Halvo?” I asked.

“Yes, Zane?”

“I’m not short.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So basically, even though I'll threaten to not post if I don't get comments, most of the time I'll post whatever I write minutes after I finish it.... But you should comment because you love me. ;]
Or because you love the story. Whatever works. :]

And good news is that I'm almost finished with US History! (It takes up way too much time...)

Comment. Subscribe. <3

Sincerely,
Lizz