Status: Finished. :]

Like We Used To

Seven

I took a few slow steps forward, trying to prepare myself for whatever might happen. I looked into the open door and didn’t see him, so I continued to the kitchen. “Is somebody here?” I heard Garrett ask. I looked around then opened a cupboard by the fridge and crawled in, leaving it slightly open so I could see out.

He was a few feet away. “Hello?” he asked as he turned. He looked at the open cupboard door and cocked his head to the side as he came over. He slowly opened it and grinned. “Hi, Merrick.”

“Savana told me that I had to talk to you,” I said, deciding that I should just get it out.

“Why are you in the cupboard?”

“I couldn’t find anywhere else to hide,” I answered as I crawled out. He sat on the floor next to me.

“Why are you wearing footie pajamas?” he chuckled.

I grinned. “They’re fun.” I realized, then, that Garrett was only wearing a pair of boxer-briefs and blushed. “Why are you almost naked?” I poked his bare chest, making him laugh.

“Well I was going to take a shower when I thought I heard somebody sneaking around.” He poked my shoulder as he smiled. “But that’s beside the point… Why did you need to talk to me?”

The subject I’d been dreading. I didn’t want to talk to him about this. I decided I would make up some story about how Nick and I were fighting and I needed advice. “I still love you!” I blurted out, slapping my hands over my mouth seconds after those four words escaped my lips. Well, I tried to shut up.

He blushed. He fucking BLUSHED! “Anything else?” I slowly shook my head. I scooted back against the cupboard door and crossed my arms over my chest. What the hell happened to lying? “That just made this night so much more interesting.” He grinned.

I got up and dusted myself off. “Do you have any movies that we could watch?” I asked. “I couldn’t sleep.”

He nodded and got up. “If you don’t mind, I think I’ll put some clothing on, first,” he laughed. I walked over to the couch and halfway wondered if this was considered a date. I shook the thought from my mind and giggled when Garrett came out wearing red plaid footie pajamas.

“Footies!!” I squealed. He laughed and nodded.

“I thought you’d approve.” He put a disc in the DVD player and grabbed a control before lying on the couch. “Savana got them for John’s birthday and he refused to wear them. So she gave them to me.”

“Garrett,” I whined. “You’re a couch hog!”

“Come here,” he demanded. I stepped closer to him; he grabbed my hips and pulled me down. He struggled to get his hand free, and when he did, he wrapped it around my shoulders.

Then I realized something. “You picked a scary movie!” I accused.

The Mist is not scary,” he retorted.

“I hate this movie,” I whimpered, burying my face in his chest.

“Don’t worry,” he whispered. “I won’t let anything hurt you.”

Somehow, during the first twenty minutes of the movie, my hand ended up in Garrett’s. I had to admit, it was rather comforting.

“Wake up,” Garrett whispered.

“MERRICK ZANE BRADLEY! WAKE UP!” Savana shouted. I lifted my head and glared at Savana.

“What?” I mumbled.

“I gotta get you back to Nick!” she said as Garrett got up.

“I’ll carry her,” he offered before picking me up. My eyes slid closed as the elevator hummed.

“How are you getting me back into that room?” I asked.

“I got a key,” Savana said in a duh tone.

“Don’t ask,” Garrett sighed, shaking his head. I looked over just as Savana swung the door open. Garrett put me down and waited for me to steady myself. I hugged Savana and pecked Garrett’s cheek before I walked into the hotel room. I made a quick detour to the potty before climbing in bed next to Nick again.

I found myself singing “Better Be Prepared” by Valencia when I couldn’t sleep. Before I knew it, the alarm clock was going off. Nick yawned and reached to turn it off. “Morning, Nick!” I beamed as I jumped out from under the covers.

“Are you really awake before me? Am I dreaming?” Nick asked as he climbed out of bed. I bounced up and down, waiting for him to get ready and leave so I could spend my day doing nothing.

I pecked his lips before skipping out to watch some cartoons. My phone buzzed on the table a minute later. I picked it up and answered. “Hello?”

“Good! You’re awake! When is Nick leaving? I can come get you five minutes after he’s gone,” Savana said.

“God, are you always so hyper or something?”

“No,” she said slowly. “I’m just excited to spend the day with my best friend!”

“Best friend? When did this happen?”

“Yesterday,” she answered. I could just see her smiling already…

“How about I come up when I’m good and ready?” I asked. Nick came out and started the coffee.

“When’s that?” she asked.

“When I’m ready. I have to go. Bye.” I hung up then put my phone back on the table. “Nick, where are we going later tonight?” I asked, hoping to distract him from asking who I’d been talking to.

“I think we’re going to hang out with some of the guys from The Maine and go get dinner.” He grinned and I hoped Garrett wasn’t one of the people he wanted to hang out with.

“Like… Which ones?” I asked shakily.

“You seem nervous. Are you secretly a fan of theirs or something?” he chuckled.

“Well… Yeah. I mean, they’re all really cute,” I said, hoping that he would get jealous and cancel.

He rolled his eyes. “John’s girlfriend seems to want a friend… Maybe you could go hang out with her while we’re at rehearsals,” he suggested. Great… Now I have an excuse…. Psh!
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't really know what to say. So comment and subscribe and make me happy. :D

Sincerely,
Lizz