Status: Working on

Behind every pretty face

Chapter Five (Grade Nine) What Will People Think?

When I got home that morning, the lights were still off and all was silent. I snuck upstairs, to find my father sitting on my bed and my mother staring out my window.

"Um..? Why are you in my room?" I asked, tossing my bag onto the floor beside my dresser.

"Where were you last night?" My father growled, standing up to tower over me.

I tried to step back, but he thrust a hand forward raising past my shoulder and slamming the door shut. He walked forced me to the door, as he held his ground.

"Tell me young lady."

"I-I was at a party, then I slept over at Adam's house with Saphire and Josh..."

My mother whirled around, her eyes filled with rage. "You slept with them! Now, Spelndora Figurita Amilaya Lynx! You slut, how could you! The ninth grade, my god. What will everyone think!?"

My jaw hung open in awe at my mother's assumption. How could she think that?

"No mother, I didn't-"

"No! Stop talking! Your a bitch. A slut! A whore, and you don't deserve to give an explanation!

I don't want to see your face. Go wash off your emo goth look. Go be a good girl!"

My mom blat past my father and I, leaving him stunned in shock. As was I.

Then he became more angry.

I remember crying, and coughing-and lots and lots of yelling until I was smiling. Then I woke up.