Hung From a Halo

Suicide Plan For Thee

Half of whoever was living in the palace is gone now. Including most of the Guardians. One week. One fucking silly little week since the Royal’s Dinner. One week full of meetings, angry sputters, and war talk. Rebels have made there own force, apparently, outside the kingdom. Talk has gone around about the Rebels are using dark magic against us. Against them….I’ve had orders from Saul and Botis to stay in my room with Beth, until they tell me otherwise. I guess the option to hand over Beth is becoming more urgent, but still, Kirra hasn’t killed any non-Fallen yet. The army of Shayelinday has moved into the palace; to support Master Ligdin’s choice. I’m living once again in military headquarters, and by this rate I’m never going to get out of this kind of situation. It is 2:46 am. I’m sitting in my bed watching the moon glide across the night sky. I hate living here.

You are a very confusing person.

What? No I’m not.

I think so. Anyways, you bored bitch?

Yes.

Wanna go on an adventure?

Anything to get me out of this uncomfortable bed.

Alright then, lets go.

I flipped the covers over me softly and stretched my legs out in front of me. I tucked the remaining blankets around Beth and tip-toed to the door. My hand wrapped around the ancient knob and turned it, but the door didn’t swing open. Again, I tried, but still not a budge. I could barely make out a hand pressing the door closed.

“What the fuck?”

“Get your skinny little butt back into that bed.”

“Why don’t you make me?”

“Alright then.”

I peered through the darkness but couldn’t see the shadow of his body, but I guess he was close since in a matter of two seconds I was being whipped up and over his shoulder.

“Put me down!” I whispered harshly.

“You kind of gave me permission.” He plopped me back down onto the bed in a rude manner.

“Shut up Saul. Don’t you have a princess to go impregnate?”

Yeah, he didn’t say anything. Stumped him motha fucka! Haha!

What the hell is he doing in here?

Beats me.

I got under the covers and turned my back to him. He never left. I didn’t hear him walk away. I stroked Beth’s black curly hair and admired her pouting lips. If only she could stay this young; not age with this world’s anger and ongoing hatred. I felt the foot of my bed sink a little. He has made himself at least somewhat at home.

I sat up abruptly and glared at Saul.

“What are you looking at, Aaliyah?”

“I’m looking at the coward who has made himself at ease.”

The moonlight glimmered on his face, showing every emotion that he probably wished I wouldn’t have seen, “A coward? Is that what you think I am?”

My lips parted to answer him, but they closed and betrayed me. Now, it is I who looked like a coward from holding my tongue.

Ew, make him leave.

First, we should see what the rodent wants.

That’s my girl.

“What? Why are you so quiet, Aaliyah?”

“I don’t know what to say to you without waking up Beth.”

He sighed and shifted an inch closer to me, “Well, I know what I want to say. So, maybe I can talk to and you can sit back and gather what you would like to say. Is that okay? Do you understand?”

“I’m not a child, so stop talking to me like I am one.”

He put his hands up in defense, “Alright, calm down and stop talking through your teeth with anger.”

My lips pursed and I lifted an eyebrow leaning my back up against the bed frame, waiting for him to say what he has to say.

He took his sweet time. Looking at the little girl lying beside me. His eyes trailed to the window and lingered for a long time. Minutes passed, and I slowly started to relax. I wasn’t so alarmed and mad that he was in my room without my permission; I’m just kind of mellow about it. He has something to say, and then I will wait for him to come out with it. My eyes never left his face.

I bet he’s telling you he’s gay

No, he’s fucking Princess Bitch when he leaves.

Hmm, or another Guardian

Stop talking; he’s not gay.

He inhaled sharply, almost like a child’s sniffle.

My head cocked to the side slightly in confusion.

He exhaled, almost like a shivering child.

My eyebrows furrowed, “Saul?” my voice was softer.

His gaze switched to mine, and his expression broke my heart. The pain slid through my body and yanked on every nerve I had from my chest to my toes.

He bit his bottom lip and barely shook his head, “I want this.”

“Want what?”

“Please…” the moon gave away that his eyes were watery, his nose was turning pink, and his forehead was brought down.

My voice grew heavier with compassion, “I don’t know what you mean.”

“Please don’t rip yourself away from me. I can’t live with that.”

Sit back my dear, your wrath is boiling.

He can’t live with this! Ha! Apparently he can if he is finding joy in another woman!

You will wake Beth and push Saul so far away that he will become your enemy.

“You can’t have this, Saul. I’m sorry.”

He shut his eyes tight and let his head fall back looking at the ceiling, “Why not?”

“I can’t believe you are asking that. You know why. I don’t like a man who can’t keep a promise.”

“I haven’t broken it yet. When I die without marrying you, then you can say I haven’t kept a promise.”

“Plus the fact that you are flirting around with some bitchy…uh…bitch. Who’s a snob and doesn’t care about anything but her image in place of me.”

He was sitting straight up never taking his eyes off my face, “She hasn’t taken your place. She never will.”

“Yeah, say that at the alter.”

“My girl I don’t want anything to change with us.”

“Don’t…don’t start. I’m not going to focus on my relationship problems when I have a little girl who is going to be sacrificed. Saul, I have bigger things on my mind right now, and you damn well aren’t one of them.”

Liar liar pant’s on fire.

“I just wanted you to know.”

“Well, now I do.”

He rolled his eyes and moved in closer, “I just wanted you to know that I still want to marry you, kiss you, and give you a child. I know that this isn’t important right now, but things are gonna get worse here. I’m leaving. With whoever is against Master Ligdin. You’re coming with me. You and Beth. You’ll be safe. The rumors about the rebel’s witchcraft is true, and it’s good, it’s delaying the troops here from focusing on giving up Beth. I need you to cooperate with me. I’m protecting Beth, and so are you, so we need to get along.”

“And telling me you still love me will help?” I scoffed crossing my arms.

He nodded, “It’ll help. Even if you don’t think it will. Now you know that my heart is with you, and the decisions I make will come from thinking of you in mind.”

Okay, I have to admit, he’s now got you stumped. He’s got a point.

“What will happen?”

He ran his fingers through his hair and paused to process his own thoughts. This was when I noticed that he was only in a pair of black jeans. His chest was bare along with his scars. I wonder if he’s still inked, or if his rebirth deleted my artwork.

“I’m going to talk to Daniel,” he responded, “I’m going to talk to Kirra.”

“And you are officially crazy.”

He chuckled, “It’s called smart war strategy.”

“They once tried to kill you.”

“True, but this is a three ring circus. Daniel and I have always agreed on one thing; this government has to fall. The Masters, they need to be erased from this world. They say they care for their people, but they don’t. Take this situation for example, they want to sacrifice a 5 year old girl. The rebels, we plan on taking The Masters down.”

“But Kirra still wants Beth.”

He nodded, “But without The Masters’ orders to give Beth up, it’ll take Kirra longer to get a hold of her. We need to keep Kirra from getting to Beth.”

“No fucking duh.”

“No listen,” his stern look turned into a small smile, “When Death hasn’t eaten, it will turn to non-Fallen. When Death eats the non-Fallen it kills her more then revives her, because she has sworn only to feed on The Fallen. And Death needs to eat. Do you understand?”

It clicked, “We’re going to wait until she kills herself?”

“Exactly.”