Status: updating along with my other jacob stoy. check em out :D

Liplocked Lullabies

o10

Later turned out to be sooner than I thought.

It was the beginning of June now, and La Push was starting to get hot. When I mean hot, I mean hot. Surprisingly, the rain had stopped for a few hours, so the weather was more humid than wet.

For the first half of the next night, I had on long pajama pants and a tank top, but as I woke up at around three a.m., sweating and panting, I realized that I needed to change.

I had stumbled towards my drawer, groping around in the dark for the light switch, before looking to find shorter pants. Realizing I had none, I located a short baby-doll pajama dress set from Victoria's Secret that my Aunt Lucille got for me for my fifteenth birthday.

I changed quickly and immediately felt cold air circulating around my legs.

How good it felt. Crawling back to bed, I fell asleep almost immediately.

I had woken up at around ten the next morning. I hadn't closed the blinds the night before, which meant the cracks provided a healthy amount of sunshine.

My eyes had fluttered open to sunshine, but that wasn't what had woken me. I glanced around the room, but nothing was out of the ordinary.

Nothing was stolen. Nothing misplaced.

I rested my head back on my pillow and closed my eyes taking a deep breath. I definitely needed more sleep. Unfortunately, this sleep didn't come.

Mere seconds after I closed my eyes, a sharp rapping noise was heard on my door. I mumbled something along the lines of 'come in, pancakes' and the door opened.

It was silent for a minute, and I assumed it was Embry. He had come in wanting to ask me something, but realized I was asleep and left, probably reminding himself to ask me later.

I tried to doze back to sleep, but I realized that my theory of Embry was way off.

He wasn't that polite, I thought.

He would have probably come into room and jumped on my bed, whether I was awake or asleep. I slowly opened one eye, but saw nothing. Deciding, to fully open my eyes, I got up and peered around the room.

Standing at the doorframe stood Jacob Black.

"Jacob?" I asked scratchily.

I cleared my throat noisily, but I didn't care.

"Hey," he smiled warmly, and I looked at him confused.

"Not so sound rude or anything," I looked down at my navy blue sheets, "but why are you in my bedroom?"

Jacob's cheeks turned the slightest shade of red.

"Well, er—Embry needed some help moving his stereo…"

"Oh-kay?"

"And he wanted me to tell you that you better come down for breakfast soon," he paused, and licked his lips nervously, "otherwise, we'll eat it all. You know, our big appetites."

He laughed awkwardly.

"Yup. Big appetites," I smiled, wondering why I was feeling so awkward. "big, big appetites."

We fell into an awkward silence, while just looking at each other.

"So…I should probably get up now, huh?" I asked jokingly, realizing that my food would have been scarfed down by Embry if I didn't get up soon.

"If you want breakfast, anyways." Jacob smiled his warm smile before waiting patiently. I realized that he was waiting for me.

I pushed the covers back and swung my legs over, so they were hanging off the bed. Cold air hit my legs immediately and a shiver pulsed through my body involuntarily. I felt Jacob's eyes on me, but I ignored it.

I got up and sauntered towards the door, before Jacob cleared his throat. I turned around with my eyebrows raised.

"Yessssssssss?" I drawled out, noticing my stomach was rumbling loudly and making all sorts of weird noises.

"A-are you going d-down like t-that?"

"Of course," I laughed, wondering what was so bad about pajama pants and a tank top, "Why would I—"

There was an extremely awkward silence as I realized what I was wearing. There was nothing I could do. I just stood there, out in the open, practically half naked.

Jacob shifted uncomfortably, trying his hardest to look everywhere but at me. His eyes were drawn to my legs though, and I noticed his eyes slowly make his way upward to more…northern regions.

He was a male, after all.

I felt this odd sensation rising on my cheeks, and it took me a few minutes to realize that I was blushing. I was actually blushing!

"I-I-think I should go…"

Jacob tore his eyes away from my body, before stumbling towards my door. He lost his balance slightly, still slightly enthralled by my body, so much that he had to grab the door frame for support. Muttering something about height, Jacob disappeared down the hall.

I immediately let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Closing the door behind him, I almost flew to the dresser, searching for clothes.

Covering up in sweatpants and a long t-shirt (I didn't want to risk giving Jacob a heart-attack if I showed up in a tank top), I made my way downstairs.

Quil, Jacob and Embry sat at the table, a pile of almost-empty plates in front of them. Quil and Embry were talking animatedly, while Jacob—looking a little flustered—nibbled on a bagel. Embry was the first one to see me.

"Hey!" he smiled happily, "you're up!"

"I'm up!" I responded with equal enthusiasm.

I snuck a glance at Jacob, but he was quietly looking at the floor. Apparently, our wood floor was very interesting. Obviously, he hadn't told my brother or Quil anything yet.

"What are your plans for today, Jay?" Embry asked, inhaling another plate of scrambled eggs.

I picked up a bagel before leaning against the wall.

"Um…nothing much," I glanced at Jacob once again, though this time he met my gaze. I gulped. "I was planning on maybe going to Port Angeles to get some t-shirts."

"Don't you have enough of those already?" Embry joked, and Quil laughed.

"Don't hate on my babies." I smiled slightly.

"Well," Embry paused for dramatic effect, no doubt about to launch into a spiel about what he and his friends were going to do for the day, "Embry, Jake and I were going to First Beach. You wanna come?"

My eyebrows shot up in surprise. I had never been invited anywhere, to do anything. Surprisingly though, this proposal didn't cause as much excitement as I thought it would. In fact, it seemed as though Embry was asking me out of pity.

"Nah," I sighed, raking a hand through my hair, "I think I'm going to head to Port Angeles."

"Suit yourself." Embry shrugged.

"Actually…" Jacob said loudly, startling all of us. This was his first word since I had reached. "I need to get some new pants. So…I could take Journey if you like."

Many emotions washed over me at once. Surprise. Guilt. Hope. More surprise.

"Are you sure, man?" Embry looked skeptical, and kept glancing between Jake and I.

"Of course," Jacob looked determined now, "actually, I'm a little too tired to go cliff-diving today. I'm just not up to it, you know?"

Embry looked a little surprised, but Quil shared a look with Jacob. They had a secret. Quil nodded understandingly, before Embry shrugged.

"Alright then," he paused, looking at each of us, "so Jake and Jay are going to Port Angeles, and Quil and I are going to the cliffs."

"Yup." I nodded.

I was starting to get giddy. A whole day with Jacob!

Don't get too excited, girl! He's your brother's best friend, he doesn't even know you exist.

"Are you ready to go, Journey?" Jacob asked, startling me out of my train of thought.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

He took a deep breath before getting his keys out of his pocket.

"Port Angeles, here we come."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update! I've been going to x-mas parties all weekend!
So...please please please comment!
I'll try update everyday of the holiday except maybe christmas and new years and stufff.... (i have two weeks)!
7 comments=1 update!

journey's pjs

:)