Status: updating along with my other jacob stoy. check em out :D

Liplocked Lullabies

oo7

I wasn't always afraid of the forest.

Growing up in La Push, you couldn't be afraid of the forest.

La Push was the forest.

Yet the thought of going near a forest would send chills down my spine.

It all started when I was thirteen.

That year, Breanne Coleman was the 'it' girl. Along with her sidekicks Jane and Brooke, Breanne ruled the school. For my entire middle school years, I wished to be like Breanne.

She had long glossy black hair, and big brown doe eyes. All the boys wanted to get with her, and all the girls wanted to be her.

Especially me.

I wanted to be Breanne Coleman.

One of the main reasons for wanting to be Breanne, besides the endless invitations to parties and a spot on the cheerleading team, was the fact that Jacob paid attention to her.

My crush had been on full throttle then, and I used to watch Jacob for days.

I was like his mini-stalker.

I had noticed that Jacob spent many of his hours at football games, and even went to the cheerleading practices. Embry had usually gone with him, which gave me an excuse to tag along. And every time, I noticed him smiling and laughing with Breanne Coleman.

As I said before, I would do anything to be with Breanne. Of course, I had friends back then, but we were on a much lower scale on the social map.

So, I followed Breanne like a puppy dog. I did her homework, I got her lunch, and once, I even wrote a note to our gym teacher and forged Mrs. Coleman's signature, just so Breanne could get out of gym class.

All my hard work paid off though, and I was slowly accepted into her group. I had one final initiation test though.

"We'll drop you in the forest. And all you have to do is find your way back into La Push." Breanne smiled that sugar sweet smile of hers. "And then you'll be one of us."

I had eagerly accepted the challenge, since I practically knew the forest inside out. Breanne had her brother Michael drop me off.

As we drove further into the woods, my heart began beating faster. Something didn't feel right. I realized that I hadn't been in this part of the woods before, as this was nowhere near the borderline of La Push.

Michael dropped me off in a clearing and waved goodbye. "Good luck, kid." He had snorted, before driving away.

The forest seemed even darker than it had while we were in the car. I walked around, looking at the unfamiliar surroundings.

Once you knew one part of the woods, you knew all, right?

I was wrong.

I walked around, lost, but determined to find my way out. The trees towered over me, and a strange feeling of worry filled my body. I stumbled around; the moss-covered trees my only indication of direction.

And then you'll be one of us.

Breanne's voice echoed throughout my head. I would be on of them.

I pushed forward, though I was beginning to get cold.

An unknown creature skittered across the forest floor.

The birds chirped above, as though nothing was wrong.

I knew I had gone deeper in the forest, and I was even more confused as I had been before.

And then you'll be one of us.

Breanne's voice echoed in my head again, though this time I realized how sickly sweet it sounded. Her smile had been a toothy one, one that she only gave when she was lying. I felt betrayed.

I noticed a few tracks. It looked like a big paw print. Probably from a bear. I was going to get eaten. If I didn't get eaten, I would die of dehydration. There was no way out of this labyrinth.

And then you'll be one of us.

Her voice was cold, and harsh now, like stone. Breanne was a liar, and thought this was all a big joke.

I didn't want to be like Breanne Coleman.

Breanne Coleman was a bitch.

I collapsed to the floor, shaking slightly.

The forest was my tombstone. I would die, and nobody would ever find me. I laid down, all of my hope gone.

And then a warm pair of hands grabbed me, and brought me to safety.

_____________________________________

But now I stood in the forest again, two years later. I never had found my savior.

I didn’t know why I had acted on impulse and bolted into the forest, but I knew it involved Jacob. Maybe I could find my way around.

"J-Jacob?" I called out.

No response.

I inhaled a shaky breath, and looked around. The trees were still the same dark monsters that loomed above me. The birds still sang their melodies of doom. The moss still clung to the trees. I knew I had made a mistake.

I ventured deeper into the forest. Hadn't Embry and Jacob gone the opposite direction?

"Jacob?" I called out again.

I was met with silence.

Pushing branches aside, I climbed deeper. My breathing was getting faster, and I knew I would probably start hyperventilating soon.

"Ja—" And I was cut off.

Because in front of me was a paw print. But it wasn't from a bear. Because standing behind the paw print was a wolf.

It was as big as a horse, if not bigger. With russet fur and large chocolate eyes, it was one of the most beautiful creatures I had ever seen. Even if it was about to kill me.

But what was a wolf doing so close to the reservation? I thought that wolves ran around in the mountains, not right next to a reservation.

It stared at me. I stared at it. And for some reason, I found myself reaching out to pet it. Its fur was soft, and I stroked it gently.

I sat down, and it walked towards me. I stroked its fur again, and it made what seemed to be a soft purring noise. I laughed.

"Like that, huh?" I asked, rubbing behind its ears. It nodded. "You're such a cute wolf. Aren't you…"

I stopped short realizing I didn't know the gender of the dog. I peeked downwards and my eyes landed on the wolf's…lower region. It yelped in surprise, as if it knew what I was doing. It wasn't like I was going to rape it. I just wanted to see if it was a boy or a girl.

"Good boy." I laughed, my eyes wondering back to the wolf's face. I hugged my knees gently, and the wolf looked at me quizzically.

It was as though he was asking me why I was in his forest.

"You see, I was looking for my friend. Well, he's not really my friend…he's my brothers friend. Or used to be. I don't know…" I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "Anyway, Jacob and his girlfriend had a fight, and he ran off into the woods. So I thought I'd go look for him, but I can't find him. I'm kind of worried, you know. Stuff could happen to him out here. But it doesn't matter. You can't understand me anyway, and I probably should get back to looking for him."

The wolf shook his head, as though I shouldn't. What did he know?

"I'm deathly afraid of forests though. I really shouldn't be here. Why am I talking to you anyway?!"

My breaths started to quicken again, and I realized that the wolf had distracted me, and I hadn't even realized that I was still in the forest.

"You know, maybe Jacob knows his way around here. I should go back home and let Billy know."

The wolf seemed to nod his head yes.

"Do you know the way home?"

Another nod.

"Well, can you show me?"

Another nod.

"How am I supposed too..?"

And the next thing I know, I'm clinging onto this wolf's back for dear life, as he bounded through the forest. His paws were huge, and pushed back the dirt on the forest floor, causing a sort of dust tornado to form behind him. A few minutes later, I'm in La Push. And I'm astounded.

"Wow." I muttered, before coming to my senses. "I should tell Billy about this! Or my mother! That's outstanding. How wolves can understand us! All these years, and there has been no experiments or anything on you guys??? This could cause a scientific breakthrough."

The wolf let off a sound yelp, and it was similar to the sound of a puppy being slaughtered or nails on a chalkboard.

"You don't want me to tell, huh?"

The wolf nodded.

"Ok, I'll keep it a secret. But can you promise me that you'll come back and see me again?"

The wolf nodded. And I saw the corners of his mouth twitch up slightly, so I could see the faintest hint of a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Journey's outfit.

***This was her outfit for the last chapter as well***

Five comments equals an update <3
So please please comment because i do enjoy your feedback. And btw, sorry about the whole sentence error thing, because i write on microsoft and copy and paste it, so I format it different.

Anyway........
Thanks :)