I Fell in Love With My Adoption Mom's Son... Welcome to Hell.

Avoidence

If you thought it wasn't possible to avoid someone when you both live in the same house, you were wrong. If you thought that things would actually work out with Croy and I, you were wrong ... again.

Maybe it was because I was a bad kisser, or maybe it was because it felt wrong, but ever since Croy and I kissed, we haven't said a word to each other. Three weeks, stuffed in my room with Cindy in her study, no one but Teena to hangout with and all the electronics I need to keep me happy, and not one word said to me by Croy.

Teena has been busy with homework every night, or so she says. Geof and her were probably hanging out, because I overheard him wording it the same way Teena did to Croy when I picked up the phone to use it before. I hung up quickly of course, but I wasn't stupid, I knew there was something going on with the two of them.

Whatever was wrong with Croy, I was going to find out. I was not going to have him ignore me forever. He would have to talk to me eventually. I guess I should have been expecting it, I mean how could we have possibly worked out?

I left my room and slammed my door, which I noticed I did a lot lately. I think I was a little mad about things and I think that anger showed. I walked over to Croy's room but didn't knock or open the door.

I heard his guitar playing and pressed my ear to the door. I was guessing the song he was playing was an original, because it didn't sound like anything I had ever heard before. Then again it could have been a very old song. Either way, he sang and played it beautifully.

"Avoidence is my best friend,
Avoidence is my key.

So don't be scared, but do not follow,
For the world is full of misery,
And I cannot let it see,
The things that I care about,
In the end it'll all come crashing down,
Her final breath will be the last thing I hear.
Don't be scared, I'm gone my dear."


I knocked on the door and waited for an answer. I felt his foot steps moving around his room, but I wasn't sure if he didn't want me to come in or if he was about to walk over and open the door any minute.

"I'm busy," He said answering my question for me.

"Me too," I said opening the door and walking in anyways. Croy's eyes looked over at me and then he sat down on his bed with his guitar ignoring me. I kept thinking he was going to say something, but he never did.

"I'm busy wondering what I did wrong, and not getting the chance to ever ask you, because you're too busy ignoring me." I said raising my voice. He still didn't say anything and I waited a while just incase he did, but again he didn't.

"I understand if you though that kiss was a mistake, and I'm sorry I had to be around to put you through it, but you could have told me you didn't want me around or that you didn't want to talk to me. You didn't have to avoid me and hurt me and pretend like you did nothing wrong," He finally looked up at me and I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

"I'm sorry," He said getting up and walking towards me and putting his hand on my cheek.

"I'm sure you are," I said pushing his hand away from me and wiping away my tears.

"I am, I thought everything would be easier if we didn't talk. I thought that we wouldn't have to put ourselves through so much happiness when in the end we both knew it would just be all pain."

"There didn't have to be an end. We aren't related and I wasn't aware that I would be coming to live with you and your mom until the last minute. I saw you at the skate park almost everytime I went there, and maybe that means nothing, but you always had this look on your face, like you knew something. Maybe it was all in my head, but it felt sort of like you knew we'd get to know each other one day,"

"I remember," He said. "And I know we aren't related, but we both know it would have ended eventually,"

"I don't think it would have," I said, "I just think you were scared, and afraid of what people would think. It doesn't make any sense though, we are not related and we will never be related and I will never think of you as my brother,"

He sort of looked hurt at that last statement I made, but it quickly dissapeared from his face.

"I'm sorry," He said and I nodded my head knowing that this time he actually meant it, and that they weren't just words coming out of his mouth. "I am scared,"

"Don't be,"

"How do you know this will work?"

"If you want to keep it a secret from Cindy, then we can." I said feeling my heart beat quicken.

He nodded and then I felt his lips touch mine lightly and then they were gone.

"I can't promise you a happy ending,"

"I can't promise you one either, but I can promise you that everything will be okay," I hugged him close to me and breathed in his scent. I knew that he was probably right about the happy ending, but I didn't exactly care enough to think about it.

All I cared about was his arms around me, and the moment we were sharing. He was mine and it all seemed to be happening quickly but slowly. Maybe this was how things were mean't to be for us. Maybe I was adopted for a reason.
♠ ♠ ♠
lyris in this were originals, by me.
They could be cheesy, but oh well. ahaha,
anyways comment, subscribe, let me know what you think.
Love You guys. <3