I Fell in Love With My Adoption Mom's Son... Welcome to Hell.

Christmas

His breathing was even as he walked over towards me. I couldn't help but hug him close to my body, feeling his warm touch. Our breathing insinc and our love alive. It was like my world had fallen into place again, like I had finally put everything back to normal.

I went to kiss him, but he wasn't there anymore. His body was no longer touching my cold hands and the only breathing was my own. I looked around, but still there was no sight of him. There was just air, and snow and trees. Lots of trees, a whole forest of them.

I walked in the direction I thought he might have gone. I ended up at the gazebo, decorated with beautiful lights in all different colours. It had been light outside and now the sky was black. All traces of blue were gone. It wasn't even a dark dark blue, it was just black. Plain and simple.

Behind the blinding lights, in the middle of the gazebo was Croy. I ran up to him with open arms. I was almost able to reach out and touch him, but then he had disapeared again. I stood there scratching my head. And as if something occured to me, I started to cry.

It felt like my chest was exploding, and the pain wouldn't stop. The tears I was shedding were hot and salty. I thought of the ocean, and then I thought of his ocean blue eyes. They were my best memory of him, because I was always lost in them. Like they were a giant maze that I kept getting myself lost in.

"Merry Christmas," His voice said and then I screamed, so loud that my ears popped. He was talking, he said something to me. I thought I wouldn't ever see the day. His mouth opened again and he mouthed something to me. "I love you," I could hear the faint whisper of his words, haunting me forever.


"Lindsey, calm down," I heard Cindy say in a soft voice. She was sitting on my bed when I finally opened my eyes. I was so confused, why was she waking me up? Was I actually screaming from the presence of my dream?

"It was just a dream," I whispered. In my head I said "A very realistic one,"

"Whats up with all of these nightmares. Atleast once a week you wake up screaming." I shrugged and sat up crossing my legs underneath my blankets.

"I'm sorry, bad dreams are taking over my sleep period," I said and she got up and felt my forehead.

"Okay, but I'm here for you if you need to talk or anything," She said and I nodded.

"I'm fine," I said and then she turned to face the door and for a second I thought she might walk out but she didn't.

"Croy!" She said and loud fastly paced foot steps made their way over to my room. He never stepped into my room, not after everything that had happened. We never talked or even really aknowledge each other much. We were both hurt, but it was the way things had to be.

"Yes mom?" He said looking down at the ground below his feet.

"Can you get her to talk to you, she's been having nightmares," He nodded and she walked out of the room shouting a quick "thank you" over her shoulder.

"I'm eighteen," I huffed. "I'm fine," I said this more to myself then anyone else, but Croy was standing there and Croy heard.

"Lindsey," He said and I looked over at him shocked. His first words said to me in 2 weeks. I suddenly remembered that it was christmas and I felt sort of awkward about the holiday. It was my first christmas with the Wellingtons

"Oh shit, it's christmas," I nearly shouted as I sprang from my bed and started to pace around the room. "Where did I put it, where did I put it?" I repeated about a thousand times over and over again.

"Where did you put what?" Croy asked and again I was stunned, because I thought that he might have left already. I looked down at my slinky tank top and plaid pajama pants and then shrugged, feeling my messy ponytail.

"Um... I had um gifts... for Cindy and ... You," I said and then added, "I just forget where I put them," to make the conversation a little easier.

"Oh," He said and I looked at him confused.

"It's christmas," I said suddenly realizing where I had hid the gifts. I had gotten Croy something, but decided not to give it to him and it was unreturnable. It was more of a relationship gift. So I got him another gift which consisted of 2 shirts and some belts that I had overheard him telling Cindy about. Cindy knew that I had gotten them for him though, so she didn't bother.

I ran into my closet and pulled out the five wrapped gifts sitting in the bottom of my closet underneath a bunch of clothes. I placed one of them back and then with the four presents I walked out of the closet.

"You didn't have to -"

"It's Christmas," I said cutting him off and then looking down at the presents that I had wrapped nicely and had bought for Croy, Cindy and yes Monsieur Frank and Lydia as well. I placed them on my bed and then quickly put on a sweater. I shivered right after and with the corner of my eye I watched as Croy was about to walk over and then remembered he couldn't warm me up anymore.

"It's Christmas," I said again, and then I smiled. Maybe everything with this family will be okay because its a family holiday.
♠ ♠ ♠
christmas aha, =]
comment, subscribe, love you guys <3