I Fell in Love With My Adoption Mom's Son... Welcome to Hell.

Coach Bag, Photos and A Friendship Necklace

"You really shouldn't have gotten me anything, you've already given me way, way more then you should have," I said taking the coach bag into my hand, and touching the rough expensive fabric. It felt so different to be spending my birthday with strangers, except for Teena who sat on the chair next to me smiling.

"It's fine really," Cindy said getting up from her own chair. "I have a lot to do anyways and I'll be in my office," I nodded, I kind of figured that this was the way my new life was going to be. Cindy would shower me with gifts to make me happy, but never actually spend any time with me. I figured it was probably better that way though, without having to be uncomfortable all the time.

As Cindy left Teena and I stood up from the table, plates already cleared off by Lydia. It was so easy to guess everybodies roles in this place. The maid Lydia cleaned, and Monsiuer Frank cooked and helped carry things that were too heavy, and really was just there.

"Lets go out back," I said and we both started to walk into the direction of the backyard. I didn't really think it counted as a backyard though. I hadn't been there yet but from what I've seen through my window upstairs was a huge peice of land with a pool, and a garden and a forest. The forest was all part of Cindy's land so nobody except us would be in there.

Once Teena and I were outside, everything seemed bigger and brighter and beautiful. I didn't care about the pool or the hot tub I noticed sitting in the corner beside it, or the way the pretty augest flowers glittered with the sun. What I was really focusing on was the forest.

"Wow," Teena said going over to the pool and dipping her feet in. I followed her and shivered when the cool, but heated water touched my skin.

"It sure is different," I said leaning back on my palms.

"We're still going to be able to hangout like before, you know the skate park and everything?" I could hear the saddness leak through her words and I understood that she was still scared that things would change between us, even though she was happy that I had finally been given a good life. I wasn't really sure that it was true.

"Always," I said and then she handed me a box from her back pocket. I took and opened it. Inside lay a beautiful necklace and a picture of the two of us as kids. Our goofy smiles so wide that our eyes scrunched up. I smiled at the picture and then examined the necklace.

It was a heart engraved on the back with, To my best friend Lindsey. Love Teena. The front of the necklace had a tiny diamond on the top left side. It was so simple and pretty that I smiled and hugged my best friend. I felt tears prickle behind my eyelashes.

"It's beautiful Teena," I said putting on the necklace and looking again at the picture infront of me.

"When everything was simplier," She said moving her feet in the water.

"Yeah," I said taking my feet out and looking up at a window that wasn't to my room. I noticed Croy looking out at us, but I didn't show him that I saw. Instead I just looked back down at the water and thought about everything that had happened since last night when I first arrived.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment subscribe
let me know your ideas,
love you guyss <3