I Love Him.

Will you ever love me?

Image

He's been ignoring me. Not that I blame him. It's Social Studies again. I skipped yesterday. I walk in, and sit in my desk. He looks up at me, glares slightly, and looks away. The teacher tells us to work in partners. I sigh, he shoots me a look, but sits by me anyway. We work silently, with as little eye contact as possible. I start doodling, as he draws on our poster board. I rip it out, and walk to throw it away. I feel his eyes on mine, they're a beautifully shining golden green flecks bouncing off me, leaving sizzling craters in the back of my head. His eyes fly back onto the paper, and it seems that it's on fire, and that the ink should be slowly melting off of it, like the clocks in The Persistence of Memory by Salvador Dali. I began to get irritated and emotional. I don't blame him for ignoring me at all, but it still hurts to know I've ruined all chances I had. I scribble fiercly on my paper, and rip out that page too, and they're slowly stacking up. Tears form in my eyes, and before they drip out, and grab my stuff, the paper I doodled on, and storm out. I was in such a huff, I didn't notice one paper float slowly onto the tile. I didn't notice him lean over and pick it up off the floor. I didn't notice him slowly unfolding it. I didn't notice him reading the note I never intended him to see. I didn't notice the flashes of shock, anger, happiness, or sadness that flicked in his eyes in order. And, I didn't notice his mouth slowly forming the words I wrote silently.

'Will you ever love me?'