Status: It is currently under construction...lol

Love to Madness

Home

When I entered the house, I immediately got to work. I finished my homework, washed the dishes, studied and did a few loads of laundry before my brother would arrive from work at the doctor’s office. Of course he was the main doctor there at the hospital. He owned a little office near the hospital so whenever needed; he would go to the hospital a mile away.
Obviously, I had no parents and even more evidently my brother was very intelligent. It was really quiet today especially without my brother, but of course I should’ve gotten used to that by now because he had been working ever since my first day of high school…three years ago. I, personally, was planning to go to Princeton or somewhere far and looked upon as a great university like Oxford. It would be so awesome if I actually got into Oxford…But my brother couldn’t possibly mend for himself.
I sat down; ignoring what was going through my head and started to relax. I picked up the remote and turned on the flat screen TV. Some romantic comedy was on from last year. I rearranged my hair into a neat, tight bun and then switched off the TV after a half hour. I felt like cleaning, again. So I tidied up the whole house, mopped the floors, swept the dust away, dusted any piece of furniture I laid eyes on and just fixed everything up. I breathed in a huge bucket of air and then put everything back where they belonged. Then I heard a key insert into the door knob a couple of feet away.
“I’m coming, Austin!” I yelled as I ran to the door. It was open already with Austin standing there with a bouquet of sunflowers.
“Oh! They’re just beautiful!” I marveled as I hugged Austin and then set the flowers down into a transparent vase on the dining room table.
“How was your day?” I asked him trying to avoid any other questions, he might ask about mine as I kept on staring at the radiantly glorious flowers.
“Pretty well. Some patients were coughing all over my new jacket!” He recalled, frowning. “I bet it was from the new cologne I was wearing.” He just smiled at that.
“Anyways, how was yours?” He asked changing topics while tuning back in for a moment after his little moment.
“I was hoping you wouldn’t ask,” I grumbled, waking into the kitchen to reheat the leftovers from yesterday. I immediately went to the fridge to grab the lasagna as he followed me in and asked me again, so I finally answered.
“It was alright,” I decided as I put the food into the microwave. I dragged myself into the living room and sat down leaving Austin just dumbfounded in the kitchen.
“Get the lasagna for your self,” I growled as I flipped through the channels blindly, not caring about what was on and what wasn’t. He backed away, as usual, and took the reheated food out. Then he started chewing away. In the middle of some random commercial break, he finally spoke.
“Did you eat?” He started. I knew he wanted to hear more than the regular crap I gave him, but I don’t know…
“Yeah,” I lied, smoothly. Finally, he got up and dropped his dish and glass of water into the polished silver sink, knowing how I liked things. I felt strong, loving arms embrace me.
“What’s wrong?” he asked as he turned to sit next to me.
“A boy…”
“Really?” he replied, sarcastically of course. He scooted over next to me. “Who? I might know him.” A 25 year old and an 18 year old sitting on an armchair. How comfortable would that be? Not really comfortable at all.
“Everette,” I smiled, hearing his name sent butterflies to my already bubbly stomach.
“Who’s? Doug’s son?” He guessed as he slid his hand over mine to click off the ignored TV.
“No,” I concluded by trying to get up, but he held me there and then turned to look at me. I just stared at him and then he let go off me.
“Thanks,” I whispered, hesitantly as I droned up the stairs by humming, “You Found Me” by The Fray. Before heading to the bathroom, I checked my email and saw 50 unread messages. Oh brother…
I grabbed my clothes and entered the bathroom just to the left of my room when you get out of it. I automatically brushed my teeth, combed my long brown hair and then changed into my jammies. Yawning, I turned off the lights and went to my room. I threw my clothes in the hamper before leaving the bathroom and then turned to my laptop. Most of the emails were of school announcements and some were just junk and the rest were from old friends from a while ago. Now, everyone was just jealous and envious of me because I was the most popular person and the smartest person in the whole school. I didn’t really are because they were just selfish girls because they thought nothing, but of themselves. Replying to all of the mails, I thought of Everette. I expected him to evade my thoughts, but he didn’t evade…he just trickled in.
I stared at the time which read, 9:13 pm. Wow, time definitely did fly. When I was done typing replies, I shut the computer off and then hid myself underneath my covers with a huge yawn.
“Goodnight, Austin!” I hollered as my eyes taped shut.
“Love you, too,” He echoed. Images immediately started to paint into my mid of Everette and his way clear gray eyes. Suddenly, that image came to life as he leaned over to my face. I was actually brave enough to start the kissing, but then…
♠ ♠ ♠
READ, ENJOY, FIX AND SUBSCRIBE!!! :)