Status: Working on it...

Life's Just a Game

Chapter One

"Natalie, would you like to answer the problem on the board?"

Great..my math teacher, Ms. Kushner, caught me spacing out again. And now I have to complete a very, very long problem in front of everyone to pay for it. Did I mention that I suck at math? Or that I'm failing? Or maybe the fact that every one of my teachers seem to hate me? No? Well, now I have, which really doesn't help me what-so-ever, considering I still have to do that math equation. But what choice do I have? So I walk up to the board, while reminding myself to quit daydreaming, and attempt to even make sense of the maybe fifty freakin numbers, and twenty different subtraction, addition, multiplication, and division signs. God, if you exist, now would be a great time to help me out a little. Maybe perform one of those miracles you're known for, since me solving any type of equation would surprise pretty much anyone. Unfortunately, no matter how hard I prayed and stared at the numbers, hoping something, anything, would happen, nothing did. So I gave up on faith, and tried my luck, at, well, luck. Which means I guessed. And being me, I guessed wrong. And since the teacher hates me, for probably just being me, she counted this as some sort of graded assignment, which I failed. Just another usual 1st period...how am I supposed to survive the next six?

♥ ♥ ♥

Managing to make it through french and science without daydreaming or being called up to the board was pretty much a success. Not once did either of the teachers even noticed when I almost fell asleep on the boring movie in french, or how I started to doodle my way through science class. So, besides for first period, my day actually might have started out ok. That is, it was ok until Lauren came rushing over with some majorly exciting news (at least for her that is).

"Nat, you'll never believe who asked me out!" Lauren shouted excitedly.

And, her being Lauren and all, I never would have guessed, not on my life.

"Who?", I managed to squeeze in through her excited chatter.

"Matt!"

Oh god help me. My heart fell like a stone, almost too heavy to bare. I just couldn't believe Lauren would do that to me. I mean, I liked Matt since, well, forever! Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating just a little here, but sixth grade does seem like forever ago. If only Lauren knew....which, of course, she didn't. I never told a soul, which was seeming to be more and more stupid on my part, since things like this were bound to happen sooner or later.

"OMG!! That's great!", I squealed, trying to sound as enthusiastic as I could. I mean, it's not everyday you're told that your BFF is now officially dating the guy of your dreams. Just another sick twist life decided to throw at me. And of course, the fun wasn't over yet! Matt decided to just walk right on over here. I think I fainted because of it all.

♥ ♥ ♥

Okay, I know I'm a dramaqueen and all, but did I seriously have to black out infront of the hottest guy in school? And since I did, now I'm stuck in the freakin nurses office...talk about fun. At least I missed that boring lecture we were supposed to get in social studies. I think it was about...about what?? Great, and I'll bet there's going to be a quiz on this amazing lecture I happened to miss....for a good reason, of course. Not like Mr. Evans would even come close to considering the fact that I fainted in the middle of the hallway a good enough though. Just another assignment I get to fail...the usual.

I watched the hands on the clock move ever so slowly for the next hour or so. It wasn't too difficult to trick the nurse into thinking I was still unconious. After all, I had a lot on my mind and my gaze didn't seem to leave the clock, which was opposite the nurse's desk, so she couldn't see my face. And since she was a school nurse and all, she didn't really give a damn whether I was okay or not, so she never checked on me or anything. Not that I wanted her too. No, I rather sit there and sulk about my best friend, Lauren, dating my should-be boyfriend, Matt. Which is exactly what I did, that is, until I sneezed and was sent back to class.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not the best writer ever, I know that, but I wanted to try =] Hope you liked it!