The School of Drama Queens, Stoners, and Scaredy Cats

Chapter 1

“Treasure! Natasha! Joshua! Everybody up! Time for school!” My mom yelled, pounding on Josh’s door.
I heard Natasha groan from her bed on the other side of the room. Our house wasn't’t too big so Natasha and I had to share a room. What a great sister bonding time, right? Let’s just say she’s a Junior this year and she’s one of the teenagers I’m afraid of.
“Dibs on bathroom first.” I muttered, knowing nobody really cared about dibs anymore.
I got to the bathroom and, suddenly, Natasha was awake. She flew past me, shoving me down and slamming the door. What a surprise.
Mom had already left for work, so I fixed us some breakfast.
“Cereal. What a meal.” Josh said, grabbing a bowl.
“Just because you’re going into middle school doesn’t mean you can suddenly become a brat. Oh, wait, you already are one.” I heard Natasha yell from the bathroom. I would be worried if I didn’t hear her. The whole neighborhood probably could and since she was constantly talking, if you didn’t hear her, she was either dead or you were deaf.
I grabbed my bowl and retreated outside. A couple of years ago, when my dad had been visiting, he had built us a tree house. Josh hated the outdoors and Natasha was afraid of breaking a nail, so it was all mine.
“Hey, kitty.” I said as Starfish peeked out from the tree house. Hey, don’t judge me because I still go in the tree house. It’s more of my room. It was all my posters and decorations that Natasha wouldn't’t allow in our room. And I was smart enough after she ripped up a few that I had put up, to take them all down and stash them here. It has stairs surrounding this really big tree until you get about 10 feet or so up where the tree house is.
I plopped down on a small couch we had lugged up there and set my bowl on a little table. I would’ve moved in here if mom wasn’t so against it.
I turned on my stereo and danced over to Starfish’s food. “You hungry, kitty?” I I asked in a crooning voice and poured her some food. She purred happily as I petted her silky white fur.
I quickly got ready and then laid down on the couch.
“Meow.” Starfish stated, jumping onto the couch with me.
“No, I will not be fine, Starfish. Look, I’m already shaking!” I held up my hand as proof.
“Are you ready!?” I heard Natasha screaming.
I sighed. “Goodbye, Starfish.” I tucked my will in her kitty house, just in case. OK, so maybe I was being a little over dramatic, but it helped my nerves. Sort of. Not really, but I wasn't taking any precautions. Teenagers could be deadly.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, so it's a little slow, but it'll speed up! I swear!