Sequel: Love against law
Status: completed, sequel ready now!

Love at First Class

Chemistry in the hospital

Chapter 15: Chemistry in the hospital:

So the days went on, and so did Anna, Sonea and Alex’s lives. All in all it had been a month, since Sonea had experienced, her very hectic two weeks. Alex had had some trouble, small girls don’t always keep their promises, but they had slowly stopped, and kept to the rules.
Sonea walked slowly on the physics hallway, she was once more very early. The bus-times seemed to be made to annoy her; she would be having chemistry in a while. She had texted Anna, asking if she could meet her before the class started. Sonea had gotten a nasty habit, of needing a little gossip every morning. Anna had not answered, but that was usual for the mornings. Anna had also had some hectic moments a few days ago, when she very unfortunately bragged about having Alex’s number on her phone. Later that day, she had been attacked by small girls, the whole thing ended with a broken phone, and a Anna in shock.
“Sonea” someone called from the chemistry room. Sonea walked to the door, and opened it, the room was dark.
“Anna? How did you get in here?” Sonea called out to the plain darkness. A strong hand grabbed hers, and pulled her inside, she landed on the floor.
“Anna! You know I hate when you play kidnap Sonea and give her the worst shock of her life!” She shrieked, and fumbled to find out where she was. The light was flicked on, and the too familiar blinding feeling set in. She fought the urge, to put her hands over her eyes.
Sonea felt her stomach sink, fear made the blood in her veins turn to ice. Her face to become pale white, then get a shade of green. Mick stood by the now closed and locked door, the only way out was closed, it felt as if the door itself was miles away, but it felt like Mick was but inches away.
“Hullo Sonea, you missed me right? I sure missed you a lot, now come give us a hug” he stretched out his arms, now that Sonea looked closer, she saw how he had changed. His clothes was ragged, holes and spots were all over his shirt and his pants. His face was wilder, his hair ruffled, not in the cute way like Alex’s, but more like a wild animal.
“Mick…” was all she could stammer out.
“Yes?”
“Wh-what happened?” she stammered, taking slow steps backwards. Mick was walking forwards, his quick strides, made sure he could catch up with her. Now that he was closer to her, she saw ex-actly how wild he had become. Scars and wounds covered his face and hands, his eyes were like a beast’s. From what she had learned from biology, she could tell that he was on drugs.
“Oh Sonea I have been trying so much, I have probably discovered the best thing this rudden planet can offer!” he exclaimed, and spread his arms out like a bird.
“You’re on drugs right” Sonea said sadly, she had gone through most of her fear.
“Why aren’t you just clever?!” he half screamed, his voice bending over at some high notes.
“I-I think you should relax” she was now fully scared again.
“Oh no, not this time you don’t. Tell me Sonea, do you see our dear handsome Alex anywhere?”
“No” she felt all hope drain, her fear rose to an even higher fear, this fear was more terrible than anything she had felt.
“Ah so ickle bickle Sonickle is aaaalll alone, remember my dear, you must not leave the road, oth-erwise you might meet something scary in the forest” Mick mocked, he was talking blindly, he couldn’t keep track of more than two words at a time.
“You must confuse me with some red head, I’m blonde Mick, now try to relax while I get you some help” Sonea tried to calm him down, and get away at the same time.
“I’m quite know that you’re blond, and no, I am clam, and you won’t go” Mick sneered. He walked closer now, he was but inches away from Sonea. She gasped, he had become quite quick, and she would feel just how quick within seconds. A sharp blow on the side of her head, made her collapse. She felt the ground under her, while she laid there on the floor, half conscious half unconscious, she had her eyes closed. She heard Mick move away, he scrambled with something. Then she heard the noise of him writing on the blackboard. He hummed some melody, when he was interrupted by the door slamming open. Something more happened that she couldn’t figure out.
“Sonea!” Alex’s voice rang above everything else, the feeling of hope spread, but vanished quickly.
“Alex get away, run run you damned fool! He’s still here!” Sonea realized that she couldn’t speak, but she could only think her warnings. Soon after the sound of a sharp ‘smack’ and the feeling of something landing on her, made her cry inside.
“That should do it” Mick mumbled to himself, and made a sound that sounded like he clapped his hands. “Sonea Sonea Sonea what should we do with you I know we’l-” he started but then he stopped, the sound of motion in the hallway filled the silence. Sonea’s ears slowly filled with ring-ing, the piercing sound of ringing drowned everything out, and the smell of Alex’s hair made her brave. She didn’t fear the darkness, she wouldn’t, eventhough she knew she wouldn’t wake up in the next few hours, she gladly accepted the heavy sleep.
I woke from my deep sleep, knowing that I wasn’t gonna open my eyes for a while. I just laid there, not knowing where I was. I felt something holding me down, an arm? The surroundings were a bed, covers pulled all the way up to my shoulders. But instead of pillows, I felt…someone? Yes definite-ly someone, I laid against someone’s chest. The cool air from an open window brought a nice smell of fresher air. When it was gone, I caught the sickening smell of hospital. I opened my eyes slowly, I was alone, but someone was still next to me.
“Alex?” I moaned still half asleep.
“Errr no” someone completely different answered. I sat right up, and spun around, to find my broth-er holding back laughter.
“Jeff?!” I bushed deeply, but then the door swung open quickly, my mom, dad and other brother came in, talking in small voices. When they saw me wide awake, they all smiled, my mom hugged me, and my dad kept whispering that he knew it wouldn’t be long before I had awoken.
“Why are we whispering?” I whispered back.
“Because you’re not the only one in the room” my dad said drawing back the curtains, so I could see a new set of curtains on the other side. The hospital was a little like harry potter, but without the magic. It was beds surrounded by curtains, but there were only two or three beds per room. In this room, there were three beds. I sighed and fell back against my pillows, to find Jeff still there.
“Hey! Get out of my bed!” I whisper yelled. Jeff stumbled out of the bed, shocked. I looked at my dad, and then looked at the rest of them.
“Can we go now?” I asked anxious, I didn’t have anything against hospitals, I just wanted to go home.
“1 you’re still in your hospital pajamas, and 2 the doctor needs to speak with you” Jeff answered from a new found chair.
“Okay so bring them” I was looking forward to going home.
“I’ll get them” Aiden said, and he was off. I looked around, there were a bunch of cards, and some candy on a table by my side. “Wow for how long have I been out?”
“A day” mom answered, and then looked at the cards. “The candy and half of the cards is from Anna” I took one up. There were many kinds of cards, some happy ones, one with a turtle and one with ‘I forgot your birthday sorry’ Anna always had trouble deciding.
“Hello Sonea! How are you feeling?” a curly brown haired female doctor smiled. She had come in completely soundlessly.
“Erhh okay I guess”
“Okay that’s super, should I take of the Band-Aid then, so we can have a look”
“What Band-Aid?” I looked at my arms, but found nothing.
“The one on your head” she said as she started taking it of, I hadn’t realized it was there. It took some time to get of, and when it was off, the doctor concluded I had to stay for a little while. My parents and brothers left soon there after, a nurse told them to. So I was alone. I got up, and realized that I was indeed still in my pajamas. I looked closer at all my cards, there in the middle lay my phone, oh dear sweet phone, how I had missed you. I grabbed it quickly, and called Anna. She was excited to hear from me.
“Oh Sone I was so worried! I mean I was there when the ambulance came, there were so much blood! And there was the wound on the side of your head” she went on for a bit. “The whole school was so worried; they are all agreeing that you must be the most unlucky person in the world, you or maybe Alex. Oh poor Alex, he had been hit worse than you, he was carried out dripping blood all over the floor, and rushed away as quickly as possible. I heard that he had also been half choked to death. I hea-” she talked quickly, and non-stop. But I managed to snatch the most important news.
“What! What about Alex! Is he okay!” I shrieked.
“No one knows he should be in the hospital like you” she answered quickly and frustrated. I knew she had spoken to every gossip source she had, but apparently with no luck. “I tried his phone, but he’s not answering” she paused “Wait a second I’ll just try again” she hung up, and I was left with a sinking feeling, I sat down on the hospital bed, and sighed. This was all my fault, if hadn’t been so stupid, then Alex would have been okay. Now he could be hurt, somewhere in this very big hospit-al, with his mother by his side. His father would yell at my father, and curse me for being so-
And they say that a hero can save us.
I’m not gonna stand here and wait.
I'll hold onto the wings of the eagles.
Watch as we all fly away.
I sat right up, someone’s phone was ringing. It wasn’t mine, it sounded more like… I gasped. I ran to my curtains, and pulled them aside. I looked around; two curtain-covered beds met my eyes. It sounded like the nearest bed, so I ran to it. I flung the curtains aside, it was the right place.
Now that the world isn’t ending, its love that I’m sending to you.
It isn’t the love of a hero, and that’s why I fear it won’t do.

Alex laid in a hospital bed, he looked pale, and looked a little… green? He was fast asleep; he had a huge band-aid over his head. I remembered what Anna had said, that he had been bleeding very much. He looked peaceful, too peaceful. His phone rang on the table, I hurried to get it.
“Anna?”
“What the hell?! Sonea is that you?”
“Yeah I found him; he looks really… not okay”
“I’m on my way” she hung up, and I found a chair. After only minutes, the door sprang open, hur-ried footsteps, and then a half scream half sob. A woman dressed very classy, and a man in a suit, came in.
“Oh my poor Alex! My dear boy!” the woman was now at his side, stroking the hair out of his face. The man on the other hand, had his attention on me.
“May I ask, who are you?” he asked in a stern voice.
“I-I” I stammered, still in shock. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know you were coming, I’ll just leave know” I got up, and looked at Alex, then turned to go.
“Wait who are you?” the woman suddenly asked, her face streamed with tears, but a sparkle of light shimmered in her eyes. She had eyes, as kind as Alex’s.
“Oh I’m sorry, my name is Sonea, Sonea Jackson” I stretched out my hand, for her to shake it, which she did, with a Margret Truman. Her eyes, had widened when she had heard my name, and then she had become even kinder towards me. The man, William Truman, and Margret had ex-changed looks of utter interest. “You must be Alex’s parents then?” I asked just as kindly, as they had been towards me.
“Yes we are, now how do you know Alex” Margret asked interested.
“I’m a stu- friend” I was still a little jumpy, and uncomfortable around them. Margret’s eyes wi-dened in shock, she looked worriedly at William.
“You’re a student of his?” William asked.
“Yes” I looked at them, and then when I saw their looks of shock, and confusion, I looked out the window. A small ‘s’ noise made me focus on Alex again. He moved around in his sleep, his eyes moved wildly under their lids.
“Alex dearest, it’s okay” Mrs. Truman said, Alex kept on moving, and then he went into some kind of weird cramps. He moaned, and his face screwed up in pain. The door opened, and smacked, then in one second Anna stood by my side.
“Anna!” I gasped; she had caught me in a bone crashing hug.
“Are you okay, let me see your head, ugh. That’s a nasty wound, I’m so gl-” she looked at Alex, and gasped. Her arms fell loosely to her sides, I sat her down on the chair I had been in. I looked at Alex, he was still in cramps, tears of pain streamed down his face, his mother tried to hold his shoulders down. Her face was filled with fear, Mr. Truman’s face was the same, he tried to hold Alex’s legs down.
“I’m going for a doctor” I yelled, I turned on my heel. Then I realized that the moaning had stopped, Alex’s cramps had almost stopped. He was breathing heavily.
“Sonea?” he whispered, still with his eyes closed. I stood there shocked, but not as shocked as Mr. and Mrs. Truman. When seconds had passed, I remembered that I probably should answer him.
“Yeah?” I whispered back.
“Hey” he whispered. I couldn’t help but laugh a little, and that made Alex smile, he tried to laugh, but coughed instead.
“Anna get the doctor” I whispered, and she hurried away.
“Alex are you awake?” Margret asked.
“Mom?”
“Yes darling and your father” she smiled at him; he hadn’t opened his eyes yet. Alex went quiet, and I think I saw him blush.
“Alex?” she asked.
“Hmmm?” he answered.
“Why don’t you open you eyes?”
“I-I don’t think I can”
“What do you mean?”
“It feels like I can’t” he paused. “Where did Sonea go?”
I blushed when his parents looked at me, “Still here” I murmured.
“Oh… how are you feeling, last time I saw you, you were covered in blood”
“Ehh I’m totally fine!” I lied. Alex laughed.
“What?”
“Nothing, it’s just I can tell so easily when you’re lying”
“Yeah well if I didn’t constantly end up n situations where lies are necessary, then it would be much better!”
“You know you could just tell the truth, but still you don’t like people worrying”
“Okay are you ready? My head hurts, I think one of my feet is bigger than the other, Mick just at-tacked me, I feel guilty because he attacked you too, my parents are right out side, I’m hungry, I’m also thirsty for some coco and you won’t open your eyes!”
Alex laughed, “That’s more like it” he paused “Wait what was that with your feet?” he laughed.
“Just call me mutant-toe-Soe” I laughed. Alex laughed so hard at that. He wasn’t alone, his parents, were holding back laughter too. I gave them a weak smile.
“I’m gonna get some coco, dose someone want something?”
“Coffee please” Mr. Truman said. “Tea if you would be so kind” I smiled as I was getting up.
“Anything for y-” I clenched the side of the bed, as I sank to my knees, everything was blacking out.
“Sonea?” I heard Alex ask, then the ruffle of covers, I looked up, black dots disturbing my vision. Alex sat wide eyed, and looked down at me, from his bed. I felt my consciousness slip, from under-neath me, I smiled at Alex.
“Got you to open your eyes” I sighed, and hit the floor.
---
I opened my eyes, to find people sitting and talking excitedly. I saw my mom and dad, Anna, Mr. and Mrs. Truman, Jeff and Aiden. They were all talking, sitting across of each other. I yawned loud-ly; everyone snapped their eyes on me. I felt a strong wave of headache hit me, and groaned, clutch-ing my head.
“Aw can I get a ton of pain killers, please?”
“Here honey, and drink all of the water” my mom handed me two small pills and a glass of water. I took it gladly, when I had finished it, I looked around. Where was Alex? I caught Mrs. Truman’s eye, she motioned with her head in the direction of the window. Right there under it sat Alex, his laptop opened, his eyes fixed on the screen, it looked funny. His head still heavily band-Aided, tot’s of hair poked out, it gave him a crazy kind of look. I rolled my eyes, and laughed a little, and so did Mrs. Truman.
“Always concerned with his work” she mimed to me, I smiled. Anna jumped my bed, like a cat, and laid down next to me.
“When can I go?” I asked my dad.
“Tomorrow hon.” he smiled.
“Okay what time is it?”
“Well it’s half past nine, which means we all have to go now” soon after everybody got ready for take off.
“Are you sure you don’t need us here tonight honey?” my mom asked.
“Don’t worry mom, I’ll be fine, I’m only gonna sleep anyway” I had said before they had left, Mrs. Truman was the last one to say goodbye, before the door was closed. Soon after had the food ap-peared, well it came with a nurse, but you know. I ate until my stomach hurt, and by the looks of Alex, he’d done the exact same thing.
I laid back against my pillows, and sighed. Alex was already in his bed, he know laid looking at the ceiling. He must have felt me staring, because he looked at me.
“Your parents are nice” it flew out of me.
“Yeah so are yours” he looked at me with sparkling hazel eyes.
“Your parents seemed shocked, when I spoke to them, while you slept”
“Oh yeah? What did you say?”
“That I was your student” I looked at the table next to Alex’s bed, it was filled with flowers, cards and chocolate. There were so many flowers, some of them had fallen down, and laid spread all over the floor. Alex looked wide eyed too, I didn’t understand, what was wrong with me being a student?
“What’s wrong?” I asked.
“Nothing I have to call someone”
“Your parents?” I watched, as he tip-toed out of the door.
“No” he lied, and closed the door behind him. I know it was wrong, but I couldn’t help it, I tip-toed to the door. I pressed my ear against it, and listened;
---------
Alex paced the hallway; it looked like the hallways in the school, just cleaner, and well white. He had really messed up now, he remembered the conversation he had had with his mother only days ago. They had been in his apartment, he had invited her over for breakfast.
FLASHBACK- still Alex’s POV.

“Alex dear, can I use your bathroom?”
“Of course mom, you don’t have to ask” she had walked to the bathroom, and come back with that little eyeliner in her hand. The one in his on his medicine shelf, it wasn’t really used. He had seen it every morning, without giving it back to the owner.
“Alex do you use black eyeliner?” she had asked confused.
“No it’s Sonea’s” Alex had answered casually.
“Sonea?”
“Yeah she’s a friend of mine”
“Oh, friends with more?”
“Phhhssshh no” I had answered laughing.
“Tell me about her, you hardly tell me anything these days”
“Ehm she’s blonde, she likes to wear casual clothes, she’s got green-blue eyes-”
“That’s telling me what she looks like, dear, what kind of person is she”
“Oh she’s okay, she’s a lot like me, she likes my music, she’s fresh if you understand, she… I can’t really describe her… I mean… she…” Alex tried to describe. “She shares my every opinion, we agree on everything” “She…ehh” Alex stopped, and looked at his mother, as if she would have the right words.
“I’ve never heard you speaking of any woman like this”
“Well to be honest, I’ve never ever met anyone like her, not even close”
“So how old is she?” his mother took the tea-mug to her lips.
“She’s…-”
“Where does she live?”
“She lives just outside of town” Alex answered, glad that his mother had found another question.
“Well, do you like like her?”
“What no…” Alex looked out the window, clearly avoiding his mother’s eyes, but she knew. “We’re just friends” Alex convinced himself.
“When are you giving the eyeliner back?”
“Today, it’s not been here for very long you know, a day or so” Alex lied again.
“It has, there’s dust on it, my cheeky little liar” his mother chuckled.
FLASHBACK’s end.

“Hey dad! It’s Alex, can I talk to mom?”
“I’ll just get her, but shouldn’t you rest a bit?”
“I am resting; I just remembered something rather important”
“Like Sonea your ‘friend’ didn’t do her homework?” his father chuckled, Alex stood frozen. His mother had obviously told his father.
“Here she comes”
“Okay by-” the phone in the other end was snatched away, before Alex could even say goodbye.
“Alex, Alex is that you?!” his mother said.
“Hi mom”
“So she’s just told you right? How surprised we were to find Sonea a student of yours?”
“I have told you she’s just a friend” “I told you the same day, she’s just a friend”
“Oh come now dear, we all know that that’s not true, you should have heard yourself, you couldn’t even really speak. I think you’ve fallen for this girl, and by the way how old is she really?”
“15” Alex looked defeated at the floor, he could hear his mother telling his father what he had just said, then they spoke rapidly.
“Alex, when you get out of the hospital, which will happen tomorrow at lunch, we’ll have a talk at the mansion”
“Okay” Alex sighed.
“Don’t be like that honey, you know how we lo-” Alex knew how his mother was going to tell him about the importance of love.
“I’m hanging up now” Alex said, then waited a while.
“Are you still there?”
“Yes” Alex sighed defeated; he couldn’t even hang up on his mother.
♠ ♠ ♠
Seriously go to youtube, and write cake or death, that is one funny man!
And also chek Nick Pitera out, he's so cute! :)

So What do you think? I think it's a very cute chapter, but also tragic.

Comment! :'D that will make me happy, and make sure I post faster ;)